LPA Monthly Mix-Up October 2012: I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains WINNER

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 5, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This month was by far one of the most creative and hardest to judge months that we've ever had in LPA Monthly Mix-Up History. In a MMU first we used a theme suggested by Mike Shinoda that challenged Linkin Park fans to pick from one of three songs ("I'll Be Gone", "In My Remains" or "Victimized") and remix it into a style and genre of their choice in a Triple Free-For-All. The resulting entries were nothing short of outstanding, and we thank our members for their wonderful entries. Without further ado, we present to you the winner and runners up:

WINNER: minuteforce (I'll Be Gone)
    Click here to listen!

One of the runners up in last month's competition, minuteforce came back with a vengeance and rose to the top of the ranks with his atmospheric and orchestral reinterpretation of "I'll Be Gone". Featuring a haunting orchestra over ambient electronic synths, this remix is an impressive re-interpretation of a new Linkin Park classic and stands out as our favorite remix for October. Great work minuteforce!

And here are your runners-up, in alphabetical order:

RUNNER-UP: davidkyoku (In My Remains Piano Remix)
    Click here to listen!

RUNNER-UP: DirtyBlup (I'll Be Gone)
    Click here to listen!

RUNNER-UP: m_macdonald (Victimized Hip-Hop Remix)
    Click here to listen!

RUNNER-UP: ShurpB (Victimized / In My Remains)
    Click here to listen

It should be stated again that this month was very hard to judge, and all finalists were very close in the voting process. There were a lot of absolutely fantastic entries, and we thank everyone for their participation. We look forward to hearing your take on another LIVING THINGS song for the month of November!

Here are a few of our other favorites:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Many congratulations to minuteforce for a well, well deserved win. An awesome interpretation which the band should be paying attention to for sure ;)

Thanks again LPA for selecting me as a runner up, that's a huge boost as always. This might actually be my personal favourite of the various LP remixes I've done, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Good thinking in merging the 2nd post with the first post Zane. Kinda pointless of me to have a double post. :lol:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

No problem. Just thought I'd do a quick edit!

I actually really liked your remix. Slick beat with a great reggae feel

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! Really appreciate that

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

THANK-YOU, GUYS :phone: - I was really sure m ^ would win this round but I'm at least glad to see his entry be named a runner-up. For the last couple of rounds, I was pretty damn happy with even having placed at all so this comes as a huge surprise!

A fair few people helped me out with critiques and suggestions. m and Nish in particular listened through several revisions as they appeared, so thank-you to you guys and, also, to everyone else who left comments about the final version which I put down in the comp thread. I did value your criticisms and I'll be taking them into account for whatever I'm doing next :)

Several people came up to me in the wake of the September round and asked if I would provide an entry for the October round; I told them that I was lacking inspiration and was pretty certain no good ideas would come to me before the deadline. Probably won't jump to conclusions like that again :lol: - hope I did you guys proud

Of course, a huge thank-you to this community and the staff who take care of these remix competitions! :sorcerer: Back in 2009, I'd only made a couple of Linkin Park remixes while I was a complete newbie to audio editing; after that, I thought I'd never have a good idea for a Linkin Park remix ever again. Fast-forward to this year and, suddenly, I've made four or five remixes of Linkin Park songs in the space of a few months and it's entirely thanks to LPAssociation. :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    U544

U544 Active Member

The vocal effekt/melody of Mike's verse in m-mcdonald's re-interpretation of victimized is pretty amazing and I love the vibe of the track, Minuteforce's remix is really good aswell and gives me chills everytime I listen to it and last but not least I like DirtyBlup's version of I'll be Gone for having a totally different style than the original track and still sounding good. Those three actually ended up on my mp3-player :D

And congrats to Minuteforce for winning this (respectively last) month

David Stubbs

David Stubbs Member

Some amazing entries this month. Congratulations and great job winners! For my first time in, I am happy to get a mention. Looking forward to hearing what we call come up with next month!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Congrats on your win, Tony! Really enjoyed your mix this month and it was well-deserved. :thumbsup:
    And Mike, your remix was truly sick. Such a great angle to go with on Victimized, great work!
    To all the other runners-up, really good work! As always, I'm looking forward to the next mix-up!

Edit: Btw, it looks like the link to "davidkyoku (In My Remains Piano Remix)" leads to "Numbient" by DOLG A.P? That can't be right. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thanks for that, SoA. Fixed. And apologies to david!

I really dug david's version because the vocals sounded similar to Trent Reznor. Cool to imagine him covering a Linkin Park song (although it'll never happen). You are very talented, David!

ShurpB

ShurpB Active Member

Congratulations minuteforce! Great remix, Great entries overall!

Can't wait to hear next month's remixes

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i'm really happy to be in the runners up, also congratulations to minuteforce and all the people that partecipated this month :)

Thanks man, i appreciated.
    i'd also like to say that once people downloaded my track, the quality of the song should be better. or going in the youtube link that i put in the souncloud track. Thanks again to all!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't really like I'll Be Gone, but minuteforce's remix is really awesome! Great work, especially the ending. :D

Congrats to everyone else, too!

EDIT: m_macdonald's remix is sick!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Congratulations to the winners! Awesome remixes this month!

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Minuteforce your remix is awesome. :) Loved macdonald's remix too. I'm surprised mine is even mention in the ''other favourites'' list. I really like DirtyBlup's remix too. Reminds me of Pendulum.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

Congrats on the remixes guys! They're all awesome :D What music programs do you all use? I'd love to participate in an LPA monthly remix some day.

vinayanne

vinayanne New Member

Congrats, Minuteforce! Amazing sounds and great production quality too!

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

That month was just awesome! Congratulations to minuteforce! Pretty cool remix! :)
    Though, I have to admit that I thought m_mcdonald's remix is going to win.
    Anyhow....Good job, guys!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I can't listen to the ones that arent runnerups? The 'favorites'.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This was the best month in MMU history for me.

My favorites are minuteforce's (better than the original IBG in my opinion), m_macdonald's (you are one talented mofo, MaccyD), and DirtyBlup's incredible entries, but I enjoyed all the remixes listed in the news post.

Well done everyone!