POWERLESS Digital Single Available on iTunes Japan - Includes New Artwork

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 3, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It seems that on October 31st Linkin Park quietly released the LIVING THINGS track POWERLESS as a digital single in Japan and it is now available to buy on the Japanese iTunes store. The release includes all new Powerless artwork and features just the one track. As of right now it appears to only be available in Japan and there's no official mention of POWERLESS being the next single for the band following CASTLE OF GLASS, which is scheduled for release November 12th to benefit Help for Heroes. This marks the second quiet digital release of the year for Linkin Park, who internationally released LOST IN THE ECHO back on October 19th, which was pushed back two weeks from its original October 5th date with no official word or promotion from the band. Back in June, POWERLESS had a promotional music video release in conjunction with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. View the art below and buy it from iTunes Japan if you have access to the store.

Source: iTunes Japan via Phase12

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This art is amazing.

Does this mean there'll be another video for POWERLESS? :obama:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Wow the art is so cool.
    I hope they will release the full "only the band" version of the video shoot.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm surprised at all these quick non-promotion single releases. They've released three singles consecutively about one month apart from each other. That's ridiculous.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

3 singles in one month? Are you kidding me?
    Either the band wants to be done with this album's promotion so they can announce something else or someone at the label is just totally trolling with LP's singles.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Maybe everything is moving quicker. Albums sooner, tours sooner, and singles sooner if we're lucky.

Erudito

Erudito Lost In The Wub Wuuuuub

Sweet. I always wanted Powerless as a single.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Well, releasing singles this close to each other is a bad move in every sense. People sometimes need time to like songs and when another song comes in they will probably ignore the former one. It totally messes up the idea of "promotion".
    I hope the band wants to announce something better soon and THAT'S why they are doing this.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Woah, that artwork is damn cool, kinda funny how the single artworks are better than the album cover. I don't understand what they're doing with these close single releases, but still really cool to see.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I think they just realised that they fucked up the promotion of LITE, and they're trying to fix it by releasing more singles.
    Well, it's good for me, at least I can hope that IMR will be the next "big" single.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

ok, that is the best fucking art work available so far :D

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Ohh, come on... The artwork is awesome. But they should release the singles physical now... >_<
    Info: You can pre-order Castle of Glass Single CD (2-Track) on Amazon Germany; Release-Date 23rd November.

So, we have:
    • Burn It Down
    • Lost In The Echo [Digital; UK only?]
    • Castle Of Glass
    • Powerless [Digital; Japan only?]

I don't really know how to call them. Does a digital-only single "count"? Is Lost In The Echo or Castle Of Glass the 2nd one?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Awesome artwork! :D

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm still pissed about them fucking up LITE. I mean seriously, how could there possibly be a valid reason for delaying a single release when the song has ALREADY BEEN FINISHED!?!? It's not like LP has had this problem in the past so I don't know what's going on. That song had so much potential too :facepalm:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah they honestly screwed themselves over with the way they promoted LITE. Could have been the next In the End or close if they did everything right.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

O_________O LP screwed the single releases. LITE isn't even up on iTunes.

FairandToughOnYou

FairandToughOnYou Member

Here's a video about LP's efforts in relief of the people affected by Hurricane Sandy. Wasn't sure where else to post this, so here we go!

[video=youtube;5aUPmSjfqxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aUPmSjfqxs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And these people will be POWERLESS no more! Victimized! Victimized! Never again! Victimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiized!!!!!!!! HIUH!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So that explains why Chester said in his Soundwave interview that they were working on another "Powerless" video.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

To be honest they should wait like 6 months and re-release LITE with a new video and more promotion to the masses. I'm pretty sure it would hit off big time.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Well this explains my confusion. Powerless is a cool song and it shouldn't be just stuck in Japan.