POWERLESS Digital Single Available on iTunes Japan - Includes New Artwork

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 3, 2012.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Now now, please let's not forget that Linkin Park does NOT manage Linkin Park.

EDIT: Also, if I had a say, I'll Be Gone would be out soon and tearing up the charts, leaving Powerless to close this cycle.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Warner have completely lost the plot in terms of single release strategy since A Thousand Suns. Even though the timing (as far as radio - video - single is concerned) was a shambles on that record, each single was at least spaced well enough throughout the album cycle. For LIVING THINGS, has anything at all been clear besides BURN IT DOWN?

It'd be one thing if this 'strategy' was working, but it most definitely isn't. The singles, despite being (on average) much more radio friendly than their previous work, aren't performing anywhere near the level they should be performing.

Disappointing.

But I am stoked that POWERLESS is looking to be an official single (at some point).

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Will in my remains be a single

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

this

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

So there are currently three singles which have been announced but none that have been released universally? How stupid.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

THIS.

The song could have been huge. I wanted to see people go "you heard the new song by linkin park? It's epic!!" so badly. It's been quite some while.

I support LP for their experimentation but it would be so good to have people talk about them again. It would have boosted the album sales also. It's sad to see bands like Maroon 5 hit number 1 on the hot 100 when LP didn't even break the top 25. LT is almost out of the top 100 on the BB 200. That's just sad! MTM reached platinum in 2 months when it released. LT hasn't touched gold yet.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Exactly. POWERLESS is my favorite track on the album.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I just gotta ask again... Didn't you say you don't like it because it's ''emo''?

Anyway, so happy for this! And, Chester said in one interview that they're gonna shoot the video for Powerless... Maybe it wasn't a mistake after all? Oh, and the artwork is awesome!

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

This. That's exactly why I wanted LITE to be successful. I wanted to watch my friends be mind fucked when they heard it and wonder to themselves why they dont listen to LP and then be able to brag to them about how I saw LP play it live and how they don't lip sync like their favorite rapper probably does. /rant over

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

No, I always wanted to hear an LP song with Emo elements.
    Maybe you thought I disliked it because of the way I wrote it.
    Meh

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

On Amazon Germany it says now:

Castle of Glass (2track) [Single]
    EUR 3,99
    1. Castle Of Glass
    2. Lost In The Echo (Killsonik Remix)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, it's been up for about a week. The 2-Track physical single looks like it'll be released December 7th.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Yeah, just didn't knew that the second track is the Killsonik Remix of Lost In The Echo.
    It was available digital before on Amazon UK with the LITE Promo CD artwork, right?
    I thought these two facts could mean that Lost In The Echo itself won't be released as a (physical) single.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012