Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POWERLESS Digital Single Available on iTunes Japan - Includes New Artwork

It seems that on October 31st Linkin Park quietly released the LIVING THINGS track POWERLESS as a digital single in Japan and it is now available to buy on the Japanese iTunes store. The release includes all new Powerless artwork and features just the one track. As of right now it appears to only be available in Japan and there's no official mention of POWERLESS being the next single for the band following CASTLE OF GLASS, which is scheduled for release November 12th to benefit Help for Heroes. This marks the second quiet digital release of the year for Linkin Park, who internationally released LOST IN THE ECHO back on October 19th, which was pushed back two weeks from its original October 5th date with no official word or promotion from the band. Back in June, POWERLESS had a promotional music video release in conjunction with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. View the art below and buy it from iTunes Japan if you have access to the store.

Source: iTunes Japan via Phase12
    Last edited by Zane; 11-03-2012 at 10:21 PM.

This art is amazing.

Does this mean there'll be another video for POWERLESS?
    Last edited by Zak; 11-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Stop projecting your semen-crusted fantasies onto me, you assmilk loving fuck.
    REE FOR ADMIN

MISSION SUCCESSFUL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
    Zak just weaponized music

Wow the art is so cool.
    I hope they will release the full "only the band" version of the video shoot.
    Check out my submission for LPA's Monthly Mix-Up October here.
    Check out my new song Adrenaline here!

I'm surprised at all these quick non-promotion single releases. They've released three singles consecutively about one month apart from each other. That's ridiculous.

It's like I'm paranoid...or am I? LohithMohan's Avatar
    3 singles in one month? Are you kidding me?
    Either the band wants to be done with this album's promotion so they can announce something else or someone at the label is just totally trolling with LP's singles.
    A THOUSAND SUNS>HYBRID THEORY>MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT=LIVING THINGS>METEORA

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    I'm surprised at all these quick non-promotion single releases. They've released three singles consecutively about one month apart from each other. That's ridiculous.
    Maybe everything is moving quicker. Albums sooner, tours sooner, and singles sooner if we're lucky.

Lost In The Wub Wuuuuub Erudito's Avatar
    Sweet. I always wanted Powerless as a single.

It's like I'm paranoid...or am I? LohithMohan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apop View Post
    Maybe everything is moving quicker. Albums sooner, tours sooner, and singles sooner if we're lucky.
    Well, releasing singles this close to each other is a bad move in every sense. People sometimes need time to like songs and when another song comes in they will probably ignore the former one. It totally messes up the idea of "promotion".
    I hope the band wants to announce something better soon and THAT'S why they are doing this.

Alright now, won't you listen!? RyRy's Avatar
    Woah, that artwork is damn cool, kinda funny how the single artworks are better than the album cover. I don't understand what they're doing with these close single releases, but still really cool to see.

I think they just realised that they fucked up the promotion of LITE, and they're trying to fix it by releasing more singles.
    Well, it's good for me, at least I can hope that IMR will be the next "big" single.

ok, that is the best fucking art work available so far

Ohh, come on... The artwork is awesome. But they should release the singles physical now...
    Info: You can pre-order Castle of Glass Single CD (2-Track) on Amazon Germany; Release-Date 23rd November.

So, we have:
    • Burn It Down
    • Lost In The Echo [Digital; UK only?]
    • Castle Of Glass
    • Powerless [Digital; Japan only?]

I don't really know how to call them. Does a digital-only single "count"? Is Lost In The Echo or Castle Of Glass the 2nd one?
    Last edited by Dekar; 11-03-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Watch the documentaries Earthlings and Food, Inc.

Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    Awesome artwork!
    "Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole." - Mike Shinoda

Yeah I'm still pissed about them fucking up LITE. I mean seriously, how could there possibly be a valid reason for delaying a single release when the song has ALREADY BEEN FINISHED!?!? It's not like LP has had this problem in the past so I don't know what's going on. That song had so much potential too
    "Try the ketchup muthafucka"
    "I cream hard on 'em pastas"
    What is it with Mike and food?

Quote Originally Posted by LP_Evan View Post
    Yeah I'm still pissed about them fucking up LITE. I mean seriously, how could there possibly be a valid reason for delaying a single release when the song has ALREADY BEEN FINISHED!?!? It's not like LP has had this problem in the past so I don't know what's going on. That song had so much potential too
    Yeah they honestly screwed themselves over with the way they promoted LITE. Could have been the next In the End or close if they did everything right.
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
    November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

Banned
    O_________O LP screwed the single releases. LITE isn't even up on iTunes.

Here's a video about LP's efforts in relief of the people affected by Hurricane Sandy. Wasn't sure where else to post this, so here we go!

And these people will be POWERLESS no more! Victimized! Victimized! Never again! Victimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiized!!!!!!!! HIUH!

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    So that explains why Chester said in his Soundwave interview that they were working on another "Powerless" video.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

To be honest they should wait like 6 months and re-release LITE with a new video and more promotion to the masses. I'm pretty sure it would hit off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by wakadoodle View Post
    O_________O LP screwed the single releases. LITE isn't even up on iTunes.
    Well this explains my confusion. Powerless is a cool song and it shouldn't be just stuck in Japan.
    In the land of TH3 bliind, the one eyed troll is Queen ♏ ⊙◡⊛
    The LPA has a wiki

Thread Information