NBA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Abel, Oct 31, 2012.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Don't Knicks it.

Wait until we hit the post All-Star break and then decide whether or not you should have hope. :lol:

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Pretty good season so far. The Pacers are surprising despite their success the last 2 years. The Knicks are laughable. Rockets and Warriors should be fun to watch all year. Spurs are Spuring it like they do every year. DRose is an overrated diva. Miami doesn't give a shit about anything because they know they'll make the finals no matter what they do.

Here's to hoping everybody stays healthy and we see some good basketball played this year.

hawk

I remember someone on reddit pointing out that LeBron won two rings whilst Rose sat out due to injury. :lol:

Indiana has been very good, wondering if it will all come crashing down, though. Knicks lol. Howard is looking good, which is good. Rose is, yeah ... and :lol: at your comment about the Heat. Spot on.

Yes. Definitely.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Necropost due to the absolute surprise that has been my Phoenix Suns so far! I did NOT expect this team to be in the playoff hunt, but...oh my gosh YES.

How are your teams coming along, guys?

hawk

the Suns are doing work. good to see. Miami continues to fail at capitalizing on Indiana's recent losses, whilst the media continues to give a fuck about some mask.

[​IMG]

Abel

Man, San Antonio had some super deep revenge in mind tonight. Although the mask thing being overblown is ridiculous, and I blame that on ESPN because of course.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Clippers are doing well, although I'd love for JJ Redick to be back. We made some nice moves heading into the deadline and I'm excited to see how we fare in the playoffs this year. Doc has done a great deal of good for our team in terms of enthusiasm, confidence, and overall skill. Griffin and DJ have both stepped up considerably in ways I've only hoped. Fuck Del Negro for holding us back.

My Dynasty League has gone through some interesting times due to the injury bug. My roster is currently:

John Wall - WSH - PG
    Anthony Davis - NOR - PF/C
    Kawhi Leonard - SA - SG/SF
    Terrance Jones - HOU - PF
    Chandler Parsons - HOU - SF
    Patrick Beverly - HOU - PG
    Eric Bledsoe - PHO - PG, SG
    Gordon Hayward - UTA - SG
    Timofey Mozgov - DEN - C
    Luol Deng - CLE - SF
    Tyreke Evans - NOR - SF/SG
    Jordan Farmar - LAL - PG
    Trevor Booker - WSH - PF

Which is NOT how I want my team to stay, but due to the injury bug, I had to make due.

Once it comes towards the end of Fantasy playoffs, I'll be dropping Beverly, Mozgov, Farmar and Booker in favor of Brook Lopez, Kobe Bryant, JJ Redick, and Nerlens Noel.

I like having PF/C heavy teams so I may even drop Evans or Deng for Anderson and Sanders. Anderson of course being dependent on how he recovers in the off-season from his back injury.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Fucking yes. So good to see the Suns be relevant after being anticipated to tank this season. Excellent win over the Thunder last night!

Minus

I love watching the Suns. Partially because Bledsoe was a Clipper and he deserves to succeed (can't wait for him to rejoin the starting line-up), then Morris and the Dragon are fun as fuck to watch. Goran should've been an All-Star this year with the way he's playing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Go Raptors?

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am torn between wanting Carmelo to stay in NY and wanting him to leave.

Want him to stay because the Knicks are gonna be full rebuild mode if he leaves, which may not necessarily be a bad thing with all that cap room coming Summer 2015....

Want him to go because 1.) if he stays I fear we will continue to be mediocre for the foreseeable future... and 2.) I want to see him win a ring, with or without the Knicks. Dude is a baller and deserves one.

Also forgot to mention that I kinda want him to leave so Dolan can wake the fuck up and realize he has driven this franchise into the ground and lets someone come in here who has total control over basketball operations.

Rose, Noah, Melo, Jimmy Butler, and Taj Gibson is a nasty lineup if he goes to Chicago....

Minus

You guys have been doing fuckin' great since trading Rudy Gay. Okay I say, GREAT, but I really mean "Above average for the Eastern Conference." Which isn't that great in the grand scheme of things, but hey, playoffs!

I was watching Terrence Ross's 51 point game as it happened and you guys are so much more fun to watch now that Gay isn't the first option. I foresee a more positive future in a horrible conference.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was at the game yesterday. Disappointing ending, but great to watch as a good fan of great basketball.

We made some stupid decisions at the end. And we're flat for a lot of the 3rd quarter.

Abel

I'm also kinda conflicted when Bled comes back. The way Gerald Green has been playing, I absolutely do NOT want us to bench him. But then again, PJ Tucker has been vital to us in terms of garbage points, rebounds, and that corner 3 (!!!), plus Gerald has said he loves it in Phoenix and doesn't mind starting or coming off the bench as long as it leads to wins for us.

Man, it feels amazing to be a Suns fan right now.

Oh, and Goran Dragic is my favorite player in the NBA and him not being an All-Star's a freaking crime. I love Dragon!

It was an amazing game, and you guys had us! Then Gerald started being Gerald and we somehow won the game. Great game, though! Hope we meet either you guys, the Spurs, or the Rockets in the Playoffs.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    hawk

i want Anthony the fuck out of New York. his contract is up this summer isn't it? and the Knicks can't rebuild for another year, so ... :/

Abel

So I'm guessing Patrick Beverley and Russell Westbrook just flat out hate each other now lol. I see why, though: that torn meniscus of Westbrook's seems to be Beverley's target nowadays.

Also, PJ Tucker got suspended one game for punching Blake Griffin during our loss against Minus' Clips on Monday. I don't condone what PJ did, but the Suns started a furious rally after that, so PJ Tucker's my hero! ...even though he shouldn't have punched him.

Abel

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

Sooo… About those Sixers….. :paperbag:But it's all good, cause in 5 years they'll be :king: of the NBA, if everything goes right. But what's it like having an actual NBA team everyone?

Minus

I don't think so. The East is comin' up in a big way. While he'll never be at his prime again, Rose will be back next year. The Pacers aren't going away any time soon and as long as Lebron stays in Miami they will always be relevant. The Sixers have picks for days but there's still that against them.

And that's not even counting the Western Conference. The future is bright, but it isn't necessarily shining on the Sixers.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The Sixers will need to pick up draft picks and keep cap space open to make a power play out East. However, it's just as you said, Minus, there are too many other big players in the East that make it very difficult for a lot of the other teams. The Pacers (despite their recent slump) are good and probably aren't going to blow this team up in the next several years (unless they're stupid). Miami will only fall off the map of Dywane Wade's health deteriorates and if LeBron decides to jump ship and go elsewhere. If LeBron jumps ship, he'll likely stay out East (I can't see him coming out West). The Knicks are going to potentially be a scary team over the next several years now that Phil Jackson has a role in the organization. The team isn't too different from the one that had 50+ wins last year - they just can't put it together this year. Don't be surprised if Woodson is fired and they get a better coach who will work closely with Phil, and don't be surprised if Melo stays because a) better money and b) better management.

That still doesn't consider that Toronto is starting to get good (like, actually good) and that the Nets aren't going away either. If both of those teams stay healthy and can hit peak performance going into the playoffs this year, they'll make a lot of noise and likely continue making noise through the next few years. Chicago is without Derrick Rose, and while he won't be the same player, he still brings an energy and certain skills that make them dangerous. They're playing decently without him as is.

So with Miami, Indiana, New York, Brooklyn, Chicago and Toronto all posing threats, the 76ers are going to have to make a huge power play these next few years to become relevant again. They have players with potential but 21 straight losses says that it's going to be a while. Don't forget that Cleveland could only get better from here, especially if LeBron decides he wants to go back home.

Point is, don't get your hopes up just yet. :lol: