LPAssociation 10 Year Anniversary - A Moment Of Thanks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 26, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

As our 10th Anniversary Celebration comes to a close, and we begin to focus on the future of LPA and what lies ahead, we here at The LPA would like to extend our deepest thanks and gratitude for your support over the years, and for helping The Linkin Park Association become everything that it is today. As part of our 10th Anniversary festivities, we all felt that it would be great to close out this week with a few words, and thoughts concerning the last ten years, directly from the staff members themselves. Here's what a few of us had to say:

We also wanted to take one more moment out to again thank Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington, Dave Farrell, Joe Hahn, Rob Bourdon and Brad Delson for everything they've done for the fans in their 16 years as a band and for creating the music that made our accomplishments, our friendships, and this incredible community possible to begin with. Following all six of you on our creative journey has been a complete honor and we couldn't be more thankful for all of your support. Your belief in us as a fansite, respect for the fanbase, and repeated showings of respect for the LPA help to fuel our desire to keep going as a fansite, and for that we thank you. To the six of you, it may just be music...but for all of us here at the LPA, it's a life changing experience. Thank you for all you do. And thank you to the LPU, Machine Shop and LP Management for all you do to help us accomplish our dreams.

We're looking forward to what the next decade brings.

Thanks again!

- LPA Staff (Current And Former)

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

LONG LIVE LPA!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Congratulations again on a great 10 years of LP news coverage and community! :hug:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fuck, I wish I was a staff member right now ;D

Love you, LPA! <3

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

LPAX and beyond.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Possibly one of my favorite posts ever at the LPA (besides the April Pranks). Glad to say I'm a small part of such a large, funny, loving, opinion-sharing family. Thank you to all those who made this site possible over the years, and hopefully this site can breed a few more to help guide the way as the site hits never-before-seen hits and members. Here's to another ten years of breaking news, exclusive leaks, interviews, and fan-site fraternity here at the LPAssociation!

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*raises Dr Pepper and plate of cookies* Here's to another 10 years!! :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Congrats, LPA! :awesome:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Aw, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

10 Years Old. Officially a more successful page than Facebook.

YOUR MOVE, ZUCKERBERG.

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I teared up a little... The only thing that could have made this more emotional was by having Coldplay play a piano ballad in the background somehow. ;)

But yeah, congrats to everyone here for the amazing times. I used to roam around here since the MtM-era, but I joined this year cause I really wanted to take part in the discussions...

So congrats again, and long live LPA! :D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Congrats! :awesome:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

All your stories are quite inspirational. It's cool to see you guys transition from hopeless teenage n00bs to responsible, caring and lovable leaders in all things LP-ish. I would like to extend my congratulations for not only being (one of) the best Linkin Park fan website out there. If it weren't for you guys, I would not have fulfilled my undying thirst for updates and reliable links for editing Wikipedia. :p Thank you guys very much.

Although I have to admit, these were like a paragraphed versions of "Oh my God I feel old seeing all these kids."

+1 to Joe for TMNT reference

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Yeah! *pumps fist*

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I've lurked occasionally since MTM era, more like less than 5 times a year :lol: but jpined this year and I am ready for the LPA to keep going strong.

I love Joe's story :lol:

I know alex doesn't really come on anymore but I think he should have wrote something

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This was such a pleasant post to read this morning. I think it is fitting that I now have a new title under my name thanks to Joe and his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed paragraph. My LPA journey began with me going to the LPU Summit in Chicago. I was talking with my good friend Bridgett when I saw someone (Mr. C) walk by with a black LPA shirt on. I had made a mention to her about the things I've heard about this place. About how they are a bunch of jerks and know it alls who put down LP's music. Bridgett told me I was wrong and that it was a welcoming community. I told her that I trusted her and that I would have to check it out. Being sick of the hot garbage that I was reading on the LPMB and living out my hiatus on the LPUMB for the fan-girling Linkie Boppers, I was searching for a better place to have a good conversation about music in general. I'm glad my preconcieved notions were wrong because this community has been nothing but good to me. They've voted me best newbie and favorite member of 2011. I hold that honor in high regards. After meeting Zane, Benjamin and that mysterious black LPA shirt wearing Derek (Mr. C) this year in Chicago, I was given both the priveledge and the honor of being one of the site's contributors. I never thought I would ever get to have this honor and I am humbled, truely. Thank you everyone who has made this place into what it is. It is a joy to visit this place regularly. Thanks for brightening my day everyday, LPA.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

BELLEND BRIGADE

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wish I had more to offer to the staff and the site. The achievements you guys have made through this site are absolutely commendable. Congratulations guys!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I had this same assumption before I joined.. doesn't help that I was on LPL before this and certain people on that website seem to hate the LPA, so being around LPL 2 years before LPA influenced me to think false assumptions.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm sure the complaints that I heard were from right after Meteora. I was pretty regular on the LPUMB and LPSTMB back then. The complainers could have also been recently banned from here and spouted off at the mouth. As we all know, the people who find them self on the wrong side of the banhammer are pretty boisterous about hating this place. Same goes with people who don't get there way at a customer service desk. People are more likely to spread news about a bad time than a good one. Anyways, I love this place. Everyone here has treated me with respect and no one here is a jerk. I talk with you guys more so than I do with my "offline" friends. In a way, you guys know me a little better than anyone else does.