Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

LPAssociation 10 Year Anniversary - A Moment Of Thanks

As our 10th Anniversary Celebration comes to a close, and we begin to focus on the future of LPA and what lies ahead, we here at The LPA would like to extend our deepest thanks and gratitude for your support over the years, and for helping The Linkin Park Association become everything that it is today. As part of our 10th Anniversary festivities, we all felt that it would be great to close out this week with a few words, and thoughts concerning the last ten years, directly from the staff members themselves. Here's what a few of us had to say:

DEREK:

What an incredible ride these last ten years have been. I still remember the first time I heard Hybrid Theory, and exactly where I was when I heard the one song that would change my life forever. It was in early 2001, during my junior high homeroom class, and One Step Closer had been playing over the school's morning announcements. I was mostly a hip-hop junkie and didn't listen many hard rock groups. That all changed when I heard "One Step Closer". Enamored by Linkin Park's dynamic fusion of many different styles and genres I rushed home to research the band online, and it was there that I found the Linkin Park Message Board and came across an aspiring graphic designer and script writer named Omar (known via LPMB as Omihomi28). Omar had been away from his home and did not have access to proper graphic design software. Unable to save his work in the formats he desired, he put out an ad on the LPMB for anyone willing to help convert some of his art to the proper file extensions. Upon offering my help and services, I was surprised to find out that Omar had been working on a new Linkin Park fansite which he had dubbed "The Linkin Park Association" and was planning to try and go about it alone. Having ran a few websites of my own in the past with limited experience, I offered to help out and the rest is history.

Ten years later; as I look back and reminisce over all that we've done as a site, I realize how fortunate we are and how how far we've really come. Like many of our staff, had you told me in 2002 that in just ten years we'd be celebrating nearly 1 Billion Hits Total and over 10 Million Visitors, I'd have a hard time not thinking you were crazy. This band and this website have changed my life in more ways than I couldn't even attempt to list them all in in a few paragraphs, and I thank everyone in the band, their management and the Linkin Park community for helping me get here. To be the headmaster of the most trusted Linkin Park site around is a complete honor and I cannot express my gratitude enough for your enthusiasm and support. Your support has been nothing short of amazing and has taught me big things can come from small ideas. You've helped me to believe in myself and my abilities, and feel more confident in who I am. And even more? Your passion and commitment to this website has helped me to grow closer and more connected to a band whom had I never heard their music, there's no telling just exactly where I would be today.

And that alone deserves my complete and total appreciation. Many of you have told me that the LPA has changed your life, and thanked me for the site over the years...but in reality, it is me that should be thanking all of you. For it is because of each and every one of you in the Linkin Park community that the LPA is where it is at today. So with that I'd just like to say thanks one last time. Here's to ten more years!

TODD:

When Alex and I met on a completely unrelated message board 10 years ago and he asked me to help out with his new Linkin Park website, I had no idea what was in store. The meeting was purely by chance - in a thread about favorite bands, I mentioned I like Linkin Park, and a couple private messages later, I was a part of the LPA. If, 10 years ago, you had told me that the site would be the largest fan site on the internet, we would have interviewed several members of the band, obtained multiple exclusives, met the band on multiple occasions, be featured in magazines and be shouted out by the band, I would have said you were crazy. In fact, it still is crazy to think that a bunch of kids (and yes, we were all kids when the LPA started) could achieve so much. The LPA isn't just a site on the internet, to many of us, it's a second home. I'm thankful for the opportunities this site as afforded me, and the friendships it has created, not only online, but in real life. Here's to many more years of success.

MARK:

How crazy is it that a group of teenagers from all corners of the world can randomly come together and create something as massive as the LPA? Having been here from Day 1 of the .com days, it has been an amazing experience. Looking back on our early days, I chuckle at the fact we were floored when we hit 50,000 hits in a month. Never could we have imagined we would grow into what we are today, and still be going strong 10 years later! It has been incredibly fascinating to be behind-the-scenes here at LPA during this journey. From our interviews with band members, to appearances in major magazines, to unsolicited shoutouts in press interviews, to having some of our staff be on a first-name basis with Linkin Park, LPA continues to give me new things to be proud of. I am so incalculably grateful to have been along for the ride, and I am very thankful for the friendships I have made both online and offline because of this great community.

JOE:

The internet was my New York. I was a baby turtle lost and abandoned in the sewer of noobness, until one day a green toxic ooze that is the LPA spilled onto me to transform me into some kind of mutant teenager. Luckily I was discovered by a masterful rat known as Splinter Derek. He led the way for me and taught me right from wrong, and in 2006 I channelled all I'd learned to earn my purple bandanna. I would train almost every day, developing my ninja craft and eventually the colour would change to red. Looking back over the years now and being one of the few team members to become an Admin, I feel like I've become my own Splinter of sorts and now it is I helping the mutant ninja turtles fight Linkin Park crime. Don't get me wrong, there's been a fair share of Foot Soldiers along the way, a couple of Bepop and Rocksteady's and at times even a Shredder or two, but with the team of Splinter (Derek), Leonardo (Louis, Jeff), Raphael (Todd, Mark), Donatello (Me, Luke) Michaelangelo (Ben, Zane), Venus and April O'Neil (Ree, Amanda) and even sometimes Casey Jones (Hybrid, Agent O), we can take on any Krang's that come our way. I wouldn't want to share pizza with anyone else.

LOUIS:

I still remember seven years ago when I first joined the LPAssociation. I had browsed the website and joined out of pure curiosity and fandom. It wasn't long before I fell in love with the place. About two years ago, I was promoted to join the staff - and it was a dream come true. To work with the outstanding individuals that I do now has been nothing but an honor. They have become my friends and I shall always be there for them as they have been for me. But even more than that, to have the opportunity to talk and interact with all of you beautiful people has been nothing but a privilege and a pleasure. I've never been part of a community so diverse and yet so united by one common interest - and I'm proud to have been a part of it. I may not have the same time for the place as I used to, but the LPAssociation shall always and forever hold a place in my life and in my heart. Thanks for a great 10 years everyone. Here's to 10 more.

LUKE:

It's hard to comprehend that this site has been around for an entire decade and that I've been a member for 8 of those 10 years. I joined as a 13 year old brat and chose quite possibly the cheesiest user name of all time: hellflame prophecy. I still don't quite know why, I guess it just sounded cool at the time... I remember being a pretty feisty and easily pissed off teenager and my attitude nearly got me kicked out of here on a number of occasions. All I can say is I'm glad I wised up and matured because over the years this site has become a genuine importance in my life. LPA isn't just where I follow the latest endeavours of my favourite band, but also where I come to be a part of the most awesome music community out there. It's members are some of the most random, crazy and downright awesome people and, now at 22 and with almost 15,000 posts, I feel privilaged to be a member of the team in charge of the day-to-day running of the site. Thank you to my fellow staff and all the members of the LPA, you all rock!

JEFF:

When I had joined the LP Association back in 2010, I would have never imagined ever being a staff member here today. When I signed up, I was a lowly Linkin Park fan, fresh out of the LP Underground, ready to post in what is one of the biggest fan based websites of one of the biggest bands around. And post I did. Whether it was to play some of the games in the Random Chat threads, or post news of upcoming events happening with Linkin Park, I had managed to get ten thousand posts in one year, on a postwhore rampage, helping to keep the site active. I made a lot of friends the past couple of years, and while I have not physically met any of them yet, I hope to do so soon. I would like to take this time to thank my fellow LPAers for making this one of the best places to spend my time, and I hope to keep it that way for years to come.

REE:

The past two years on this site have been incredible. I went from a lost little noob to a Staff Member and even got to post the huge Living Things album leak thread! This site is pretty much my online home and I’m proud to be a part of it. I’ve made many friends here both online and in real life. I’ve also met some awesome LPA members at the London Summit and Scavenger Hunt and I plan to meet a whole lot more next year in London! Never has anything on the internet made me laugh as hard as some of the things I’ve witnessed on here (Movie night peeps, you know what’s up!) Huge shout out to the BB, LPA Staff and the entire LPA Shoutbox family! Thanks to everyone who visits this site and helps make the LPA community the best online community I have ever been a part of. Stay sexy, LPA.

BEN:

For the better part of 2 years on the LPA, I have had the most fun anyone could ever have on the internet. It started out as a place where I could talk to fans from all around the world about my favorite band. From there, I began growing fond of the community and eventually I kept coming back everyday because of the laughs and intelligent discussion I was able to share with the members on the site. Throughout these past few years, I have had a lot of things happen to me that have changed my life. One of them was when I came across a member on this site that not only lived in the same city as me but also went to my same school. Now Zane and I are great friends and have seen 2 Linkin Park shows together. I have also been fortunate enough to make other friends on the LPA, some of who I have also met in person. It's been my distinct pleasure to be a staff member for the LPA, and I can't wait to create more memories and see what else Linkin Park and the Linkin Park Association has in store!

ZANE:

How has LPA changed me? Well it all started 3 years ago. I remember being an avid Linkin Park fan in a world where Linkin Park seemed to have disappeared from. It had been two years since the last album (Minutes to Midnight) and I struggled to find anything or any place to expel my Linkin Park fever. I was in a constant search for MORE information. Sadly, those sources were Wikipedia, LinkinPark.com, and Mike's blog. Eventually, I was growing bored with the lack of updates and accurate information. I continued my search for news and randomly I found myself google searching and finding various news sources. Another Linkin Park fansite was initially my go-to source for LP news, but I noticed they sourced much of their news from an "LPAssociation.com". That was the moment when I finally found a place to explore and express my fandom of Linkin Park. On the LPA, I was able to finally discuss with fans, both hardcore and casual, about the nit-picky little details concerning Linkin Park. I had found a world of great people that thought and felt the same way as I do about something that I was passionate about. It was perfect! Over time, my LPA friendships have evolved. I am now one of the veteran members speaking to newbies who, like me 3 years ago, came here to find fellow Linkin Park fans. Most importantly, LPA has become a source of friendly discussion about interesting topics with even more interesting people. To me, LPA has evolved into more than just some place to discuss Linkin Park, it is a close-knit association of friends I look forward to talking with every day.

AMANDA:

It's hard to believe that it's been this long. I joined LPA in February of 2005 and at the time it seemed like the most miniscule decision: sign up, create account, click click click, okay whatever, I guess this is kind of cool. I don't think I could have ever imagined that I would be changing my entire life just by signing up to a fan site. I have met so many fantastic people on here. So many friends, so many people who I now go so far as to consider my family. It has been such a privilege to have been given the opportunity to watch this website, this fanbase and this band grow over the last decade. I have such a network of friends and a support system that comes from this site alone. And you guys: Old member and newbies, postwhores and lurkers, regulars and drop-ins, YOU guys made this all possible. I am proud to say I am part of the Linkin Park Association community and I'm sure I will continue to be for many years to come.
    We also wanted to take one more moment out to again thank Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington, Dave Farrell, Joe Hahn, Rob Bourdon and Brad Delson for everything they've done for the fans in their 16 years as a band and for creating the music that made our accomplishments, our friendships, and this incredible community possible to begin with. Following all six of you on our creative journey has been a complete honor and we couldn't be more thankful for all of your support. Your belief in us as a fansite, respect for the fanbase, and repeated showings of respect for the LPA help to fuel our desire to keep going as a fansite, and for that we thank you. To the six of you, it may just be music...but for all of us here at the LPA, it's a life changing experience. Thank you for all you do. And thank you to the LPU, Machine Shop and LP Management for all you do to help us accomplish our dreams.

We're looking forward to what the next decade brings.

Thanks again!

- LPA Staff (Current And Former)
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

The One They Call Elaine. Elaine's Avatar
    LONG LIVE LPA!

Suffocating in the mess Serenity of Ashes's Avatar
    Congratulations again on a great 10 years of LP news coverage and community!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minus View Post
    You overestimate the learning capabilities of the majority of the LP fanbase.

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Fuck, I wish I was a staff member right now ;D

Love you, LPA! <3

Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints

LPAX and beyond.
    happy technology.

Possibly one of my favorite posts ever at the LPA (besides the April Pranks). Glad to say I'm a small part of such a large, funny, loving, opinion-sharing family. Thank you to all those who made this site possible over the years, and hopefully this site can breed a few more to help guide the way as the site hits never-before-seen hits and members. Here's to another ten years of breaking news, exclusive leaks, interviews, and fan-site fraternity here at the LPAssociation!

*raises Dr Pepper and plate of cookies* Here's to another 10 years!!

Vdalem's Cookies!

Leave a light, a light on. Filip's Avatar
    Congrats, LPA!

Aw, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

10 Years Old. Officially a more successful page than Facebook.

YOUR MOVE, ZUCKERBERG.
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

I teared up a little... The only thing that could have made this more emotional was by having Coldplay play a piano ballad in the background somehow.

But yeah, congrats to everyone here for the amazing times. I used to roam around here since the MtM-era, but I joined this year cause I really wanted to take part in the discussions...

So congrats again, and long live LPA!
    Last edited by RapidGunner; 10-26-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Congrats!
    "Fightin' 4 Peace is Like Fuckin' 4 Virginity"

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    All your stories are quite inspirational. It's cool to see you guys transition from hopeless teenage n00bs to responsible, caring and lovable leaders in all things LP-ish. I would like to extend my congratulations for not only being (one of) the best Linkin Park fan website out there. If it weren't for you guys, I would not have fulfilled my undying thirst for updates and reliable links for editing Wikipedia. Thank you guys very much.

Although I have to admit, these were like a paragraphed versions of "Oh my God I feel old seeing all these kids."

+1 to Joe for TMNT reference
    ALL YOU NEED IS KILL

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    10 Years Old. Officially a more successful page than Facebook.

YOUR MOVE, ZUCKERBERG.
    Yeah! *pumps fist*

I've lurked occasionally since MTM era, more like less than 5 times a year but jpined this year and I am ready for the LPA to keep going strong.

I love Joe's story

I know alex doesn't really come on anymore but I think he should have wrote something
    Last edited by Blake; 10-26-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    This was such a pleasant post to read this morning. I think it is fitting that I now have a new title under my name thanks to Joe and his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed paragraph. My LPA journey began with me going to the LPU Summit in Chicago. I was talking with my good friend Bridgett when I saw someone (Mr. C) walk by with a black LPA shirt on. I had made a mention to her about the things I've heard about this place. About how they are a bunch of jerks and know it alls who put down LP's music. Bridgett told me I was wrong and that it was a welcoming community. I told her that I trusted her and that I would have to check it out. Being sick of the hot garbage that I was reading on the LPMB and living out my hiatus on the LPUMB for the fan-girling Linkie Boppers, I was searching for a better place to have a good conversation about music in general. I'm glad my preconcieved notions were wrong because this community has been nothing but good to me. They've voted me best newbie and favorite member of 2011. I hold that honor in high regards. After meeting Zane, Benjamin and that mysterious black LPA shirt wearing Derek (Mr. C) this year in Chicago, I was given both the priveledge and the honor of being one of the site's contributors. I never thought I would ever get to have this honor and I am humbled, truely. Thank you everyone who has made this place into what it is. It is a joy to visit this place regularly. Thanks for brightening my day everyday, LPA.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 10-26-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

My perversion power is accumulating Pugnacious Baby Timmy's Avatar
    BELLEND BRIGADE

Wish I had more to offer to the staff and the site. The achievements you guys have made through this site are absolutely commendable. Congratulations guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid SoIdier View Post
    had made a mention to her about the things I've heard about this place. About how they are a bunch of jerks and know it alls who put down LP's music.
    I had this same assumption before I joined.. doesn't help that I was on LPL before this and certain people on that website seem to hate the LPA, so being around LPL 2 years before LPA influenced me to think false assumptions.

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    I had this same assumption before I joined.. doesn't help that I was on LPL before this and certain people on that website seem to hate the LPA, so being around LPL 2 years before LPA influenced me to think false assumptions.
    I'm sure the complaints that I heard were from right after Meteora. I was pretty regular on the LPUMB and LPSTMB back then. The complainers could have also been recently banned from here and spouted off at the mouth. As we all know, the people who find them self on the wrong side of the banhammer are pretty boisterous about hating this place. Same goes with people who don't get there way at a customer service desk. People are more likely to spread news about a bad time than a good one. Anyways, I love this place. Everyone here has treated me with respect and no one here is a jerk. I talk with you guys more so than I do with my "offline" friends. In a way, you guys know me a little better than anyone else does.

Thread Information