LPA team

Cape Town, South Africa to Host 7th LPU Summit

Today the LPU has announced that Linkin Park's show in Cape Town, South Africa on November 7th will be hosting an LPU Summit. Below is the announcement from lpunderground.com which includes how to get tickets and what this particular summit will feature:

We are excited to announce that will be hosting our 7th International LPU Summit on November 7 in Cape Town, South Africa*. Previous LPU Summit's have taken place in London, Sydney, Chicago, Hamburg, Tokyo and Camden and included activities such as meet & greets with Linkin Park, backstage tours, walking across the stage, a jam band using LP's gear, watching soundchecks, acoustic sets by Linkin Park, Q&A's and more.

Passes for the Summit will be available to LPU members only starting Friday, October 19 at 9:00 AM local Cape Town time only at LPUnderground.com.** Summit passes are FREE for LPU Plus Pass ($60) members as a benefit to your membership. If you have a $25 LPU pass, you can purchase a Summit pass for $50, or purchase a new $60 LPU Plus Pass membership for a free pass. Members will only be able to reserve ONE Summit pass each, if you have friends who want to try to attend they must JOIN LPU to get access to this benefit.

Also, for the first time ever, we will be selling exclusive LPU Summit t-shirts, specific for the Cape Town summit, for $25. You will ONLY be able to purchase this t-shirt at the time you reserve your Summit pass and MUST attend the Summit to pick up your shirt.

There will be limited passes available for the Summit, and they will sell out FAST. To ensure you have the best opportunity possible to get a pass, make sure you are online prior to the 9:00 AM LOCAL Cape Town time on Friday. Those fans who are able to reserve a pass in their cart have 20 minutes to check out. If they do not do so in time, the passes are dumped back into the pool. Because of this, if you do not immediately see passes available, you can try refreshing the page throughout the next couple of hours. Please only reserve a pass if you are 100% certain you will be able to travel to the Summit and attend.

The Summit will begin at approximately 10:00AM on Wednesday, November 7 and will last all day until doors open for the show. Please make sure you are available to attend before you reserve a Summit pass.

Additional Summit details, including a Music For Relief tree planting activity on Tuesday, November 6 in Cape Town, will be announced in the coming days.

*Tickets to the Linkin Park show on November 7th NOT included. Tickets to the show not required to attend the summit.
    **While supplies last
    Will anyone be going to the summit? As usual, we would love to see photos/videos from the summit so if anyone plans on attending be sure to let us know in the forums!

Source: LPU

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    I just saw this on Facebook.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

Lpu12 release date?

If anyone has the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it. Not only for the summit, but Cape Town is an amazing city.

Hopefully they have a new setlist by then

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Lpu12 release date?
    No. LPU Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Broman View Post
    I think Mike confirmed that during his LPU chat, expect a new set that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Apop View Post
    I think Mike confirmed that during his LPU chat, expect a new set that day.
    I know that, but I'm just hoping its a big change in the setlist, not just take out 2 songs and add CASTLE OF GLASS and POWERLESS

'Fly me up on a silver wing' Rana LP Luvr's Avatar
    NO!!! Why this happens to me?!!! All the places i wish to go and see LP at are the places the summits take places !! Unfortunate much ?! Anyway new places are always awesome experience .Wish the people there lots of fun.

Should I still be hopeful for an Australian LPU Summit?

I know that, but I'm just hoping its a big change in the setlist, not just take out 2 songs and add CASTLE OF GLASS and POWERLESS
    I wouldn't get your hopes up then, that's all I'm expecting.

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    U GUYZ SHULD COM TO COLORADO!!!

LPMeteorain
    Dude take it easy lol..the Honda Civic Tour was a co-headliner with a big, established band like Incubus..most of the time a 2nd-line band on a tour doesn't play as many songs as Incubus played on this tour. This was a tour centered on fan favourites and trying new things with songs (like mixing three classics into one medley/ballad). Could be other factors too, like too many Incubus-only fans in the crowd hurting the 'thunder' of LP's new album, but mostly, it was the 'Honda Civic Tour', it had a corporate name. Linkin Park had the Meteora World Tour and the A Thousand Suns World Tour that I know of for sure by name. I know they had tours promoting Hybrid Theory obviously, and Minutes to Midnight, just don't have confirmation they were named similarly. There's going to be a Living Things World Tour, it's already 'started' on the other side of the world, and to add more fuel to this fire, Mike has talked about how excited he is to play songs from this album, such as Until it Breaks (not just the intro fading into Waiting for the End).

It'll come. A tour fully promoting Living Things. Don't worry.

Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    Looking forward to the possibility of Castle of Glass acoustic or even Powerless. Roads Untravelled would be incredible too.
    "We are not satisfied. We are hungry. Hungry for the visceral. Cathartic. Inspired. Defiant. We are not heroes or anti-heroes. We carry the flag that is our own. Now is not the time to look back to see if anyone is following. Now is the time to charge forward into the unknown."

LPMeteorain
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint into Pieces View Post
    Looking forward to the possibility of Castle of Glass acoustic or even Powerless. Roads Untravelled would be incredible too.
    I would count on Castle of Glass, but Powerless not so much. I anticipate another song off of the album maybe, that hasn't been played yet, so maybe Roads Untraveled or Skin to Bone or something...but for some reason I feel they're going to save songs like I'll be Gone and Powerless entirely for the upcoming/pending/TBA Living Things World Tour.

An Indian guy. From South Africa. Bane's Avatar
    This sucks hard! I'm headed to the Johannesburg show, why did this Capetown summit announcement have to come so late? I'll attend a summit someday if it's the last thing I do! Oh well, can't complain I suppose, getting to see them perform is better than nothing.

Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    This is awesome! Wish I could go. Everyone who gets to go, have fun!
    "Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole." - Mike Shinoda

Quote Originally Posted by YoMarques View Post
    This is awesome! Wish I could go. Everyone who gets to go, have fun!
    I will be going Got my ticks
    Nothing I can say or do will
    Take away what I've been through
    What you were is what I've come to be
    Nothing you can say to me
    Will take away these memories
    What you were is what I've come to be

Thread Information