The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Oct 15, 2012.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I was hooked on the prisoners plot-line because I was curious on how it'd be... executed. Far more direct than the "whoops! My bad!" in the comic.

I just hope they don't do a bait-and-switch with the surviving prisoners. I like Axel..

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Care to elaborate?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You do not fuck with Rick Grimes. So glad he did what he did.

ernieball003

I really hope they keep in his next bit of off-the-handle badassery. The only question is that who's going to take the fall for it?

And I'm sort of let down. The Ricktatorship is going on a bye this week, but at least we get to meet The Governor.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I think I saw an article that Glen Mazarra said that they'll incorporate the darker elements of the comic series in the TV show. Considering that they're in the prison we should expect

1. More amputations
    2. More evil Rick
    3. A LOT of major and recurring characters killed off.
    If they'll follow the comics, they'll kill off Lori and her baby, Hershel, Carol, Axel and possibly Beth and T-Dog

Also, I was pretty surprised when the official website of TWD described Merle as The Governor's second in command.

PS Anybody here play the social game on Facebook? It's way better than the first version. :p

ernieball003

Invisitags!

I read somewhere that Andy jokingly said that losing his hand is somewhere in his contract.

MOAR!!
    But after rewatching the first season, after reading the comics, I've always thought that Merle is going to be the guy that does the deed, not The Governor.

Oh, and I erased the deaths part out, but I don't think Beth is going to die. Sort of. The little thing between her and Carl in 301.. I think she's the replacement for Sophia.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Spoilers ensue.

You are aware of what follows? Rick vs. The Governor, and we all know Rick ain't giving shit up. I'm fucking down.

I'm not so sure I'd like to see any more amputations. Though Rick's attitude is fucking badass.
    I'm keen for the death of Lori and her child, that's for sure.

I look forward to more Rick + Daryl ass kicking, and I severely hope Merle doesn't change Daryl's character for the worse when they're "reunited".

ernieball003

Rhetorical question?

I see Daryl staying a "good buy," but that's just me.

hawk

No. You're let down by the fact that the Ricktatorship is going on a bye this weekend (for all we know, anyway) but what follows will be even better, hopefully.

The Joesen One

It's stated in interviews and descriptions that Merle would be torn between his loyalty to the Governor and Daryl.

Alas, my fears have been confirmed: In episode 4, "Killer Within" someone from Rick's group will die, possibly by either Oscar or Axel. The released synopsis says "The group is severed, placing lives in jeopardy." And in the next episode, "Say the Word", it says that "Rick struggles with another death within his group." My bets are either Beth, Hershel or T-Dog.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I know this thread is about the show, but has anyone played the Telltale Games game? It's really great stuff. I haven't actually seen the show yet.

ernieball003

First was great.
    Second was even better.
    Third wasn't quite as good, more the second half of the episode than the first.
    Haven't downloaded the fourth.

EDIT: And that's how you establish your antagonist. Overall, a very Breaking Bad-esque sort of episode. An episode set aside more for setting up the story of the season as a whole rather than just trying to make the most compelling 40 minutes possible.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

This story gets dumber by the episode. Breaking Bad runs circles around this mess.

hawk

Can see where you're coming from, definitely not as good as the previous two episodes but there was a fair bit to set up.

The Joesen One

I don't see how it's dumber. It shows how humanity has degraded since the zombie apocalypse. The Governor is supposed to be that cruel. Sure, the episode had its highs and lows, and show may be inferior to its fellow shows on its channel, but it's still a pretty good installment. TWD is like LP's music - it shows the darkness and flaws of mankind.

You see this is why Mike got hooked onto TWD. :awesome:

ernieball003

Care to elaborate?

hawk

....I don't think anyone was prepared for that. Holy shit.

Spoilers.

I wasn't into the Lori character, probably because she was being a bitch to Rick, when when he lost it at the end of the episode, well, fuck.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I was prepared, though I knew it would happen. There's been full episode synopsis leaks and from a trusty source, I always read them. Still, it hit me hard. Poor T-Dog. An amazing episode. Read my review Spoiler heavy.

ernieball003

I'm loving David Morrisey. Watch his eyes. He gets that look...

Invisitags: Andrea better watch the fuck out...

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

my friend said to get my box of tissues ready for this episode, so I told my friend that men don't cry. I guess I kinda lost my man card.....