LOST IN THE ECHO Digital Single Now Available Internationally

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 7, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

With no official announcement from Linkin Park, this kind of went under the radar a little, but LOST IN THE ECHO has finally been released as a digital single internationally and is now available on both the UK Amazon and UK iTunes stores. Released October 5th 2012, the single contains three tracks: The studio version of LOST IN THE ECHO, the full LOST IN THE ECHO (Killsonik Remix) and an edited version of the same remix. It was unknown when the full remix from Killsonik would be released after a preview was made available back in July and now has its official release via this single. View the details below and buy it from the following links.

[​IMG]

1. Lost In The Echo - 3:25
    2. Lost In The Echo (Killsonik Remix) - 5:09
    3. Lost In The Echo (Killsonik Remix) [Edit] - 3:30

Amazon UK | iTunes UK

Edit: LOST IN THE ECHO was removed and was made available October 19th, 2012.

https://itunes.apple.com/uk/album/lo...le/id572409615
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/lo...le/id572409615

Source: iTunes | Amazon via Phase12

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Hawt remix

Panagiotis Papagianni

Panagiotis Papagianni Stay Away From Me Motherfuckerrrrrrr

Why it took them so long?

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Love the remix. I guess they don't have the instrumental on the single anymore, for obvious reasons.

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

It wont let me buy it. no fair lol

jFar920

jFar920 Well-Known Member

The Killsonik remix is one of or might just be my favorite Living Things remix I've heard so far. I just hope it doesn't get put on the Living Things monthly remixes, now

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well a single and a promo are two different things. They never intended to release the official single with the instrumental, it has nothing to do with the recently released Acapella and Instrumental's LIVING THINGS album.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Cool :)

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Worst single promotion for the most hyped song on the album!

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I have to say, your sig is awesome! :lol:

Anyway, first official LT remix I really enjoy!

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Hopefully LITE will start to climb the charts now. I guess we'll have to wait forever for the COG single now even though the video comes out in a few days.

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

I don't know how it would climb the charts if no one knows it's out..

LohithMohan

Exactly !! The song had so much potential to reach top 10 on the Hot 100. They messed up big time in it's promotion. The video itself was out almost a month back.

Oliswine

Oliswine New Member

The worst way to make a single.. take a remix next to a great song. It would have been still much better, if they had put a simple live "In the end" for the second track. I hope next will be better.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

As I stated before, Lost in the Echo has no chart climbing potential. "Given Up" had also charted when the album came out but after single release nothing happened. Probably they're only releasing it to make us all happy...

LohithMohan

Given Up wasn't a catchy song like LITE. It won't get a large audience to like it. Probably just people who like Metal and Heavy stuff. LITE had a factor in it that even people outside of the LP fan-base loved. It's catchy music. I mean, the intro is definitely among the best I've ever heard and many people have said that too. It's sad that they gave it so much of a hype and they totally messed up it's promotion. They did try to make it big with the new interactive video and everything but it all just totally didn't make sense when the song itself didn't release as a single.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I've been extremely disappointed with the way each single release has been handled over the past 2 album cycles. In most cases, it seems like the singles hit radio and then get a music video release anywhere from 4-8 weeks later. And sometimes, the digital single isn't even released to coincide with the radio debut. People who see the music video or hear the song on radio can only purchase the track as part of an album, so they'll either buy the track digitally on its own, or will buy the entire physical album.

This seems (at least partially) to be a by-product of the loss of physical CD singles. I also get the impression that Warner are no longer interested in the band obtaining high-charting singles and are focusing solely on album sales. There's just no timely order to the process any more. Any interest generated in one medium is completely lost in the others because of the huge gap between releases.

Look at LOST IN THE ECHO for example. The promo CD was sent to radio 1-2 months before the music video premiered online. The music video was released and only now are we seeing the single available to purchase. Rather than hitting different mediums at the same time and thereby boosting the number of impressions that the song makes, they're spreading it out too thinly. People who heard the song on radio weeks ago and aren't overly familiar with the band would have forgotten about it by the time they saw the music video. The chance to generate real interest beyond the fan-base has been lost.

And hey, it's great if that process helps boost album sales, but it's taken the 'event-like' excitement away from a single release. It's an absolutely critical mistake that the lead singles from both A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS didn't have a well-timed release schedule. Some of the most recent hit singles that I can think of all had a well-timed release schedule between the different mediums.

/rant.

Hopefully the above makes any sort of sense. I could go on and on about this - I follow things like this quite religiously, and it always drives me insane when I see stuff like this happen. LOST IN THE ECHO could have been a massive hit for the band and I feel like that opportunity has been absolutely wasted.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

The remix is way better than the original. Sorry but the original has little to no potential to be a major hit. Most main stream music today consists of hip hop, pop, and electronic (leaning towards dubstep, trance, EDM, etc)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hopefully this doesn't happen with Castle of Glass. It has way more potential to be a hit than LITE has, in my opinion. But with the video coming in 2 days, I don't see them releasing 2 singles in a week or two...

LohithMohan

Which is exactly why the actual version of LITE will be a major hit. It's a good mix of techno and rock. And who said songs need to be electronic for people to like em? This year's biggest hits were rock tracks from Goyte to Fun..
    Trust me, LITE would have hit the top 10 if it gets a good release and people actually know there is a new LP song out. It's one song that even old LP fans loved. When the album released, LITE reached the top 30 in itunes and it entered the Hot 100 at 95. Even right now, LITE is there in the alternative and rock charts. It's in the top 10 of one of em and this is without it being released as a single. God damn stupid warner people.