10/05/2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - LIVING THINGS World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 5, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will be playing the Estadio GEBA in Buenos Aires, Argentina as part of the LIVING THINGS World Tour. It's the first of seven dates spanning across Argentina, Brazil and South Africa that will see out the rest of the touring year for the band before beginning their Sidewave and Soundwave Festival dates in Australia next year. This will be the second time ever Linkin Park have played Argentina, with their first show being October 7th, 2010, making this show almost two years to the day that the band played Buenos Aires last. Check out a video the guys at Linkin Park Argentina made to welcome the band back below.

[youtube]Wj5JbuqTor0[/youtube]

Linkin Park most recently began the LIVING THINGS World Tour in Mexico, where they played two shows, including a MTV World Stage performance in Monterrey, Mexico that will air on MTV Latin America October 8th. This was recorded on September 12th, with their most recent LIVING THINGS World Tour date being September 14th in Mexico City, Mexico. In the break between these shows and tonight's show, the band performed a special set as part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV on September 22nd.

In the past year we've seen the band introduce a high energy set that was often tweaked during their last touring cycle; The Honda Civic Tour. It saw the debut of many LIVING THINGS tracks for the first time whilst still managing to retain a good balance of their older material, such as With You, A Place for My Head and even sometimes A Thousand Suns track When They Come For Me. Whilst the band did perform LOST IN THE ECHO, IN MY REMAINS, BURN IT DOWN, VICTIMIZED, LIES GREED MISERY and TINFOIL, they still have yet to play CASTLE OF GLASS, I'LL BE GONE, SKIN TO BONE, ROADS UNTRAVELED, POWERLESS and a full version of UNTIL IT BREAKS. Mike Shinoda recently stated in an LPU Chat that they may not be changing much up for the Argentina and Brazil dates, but may start to implement a few changes come November 7th, where they will resume the tour in Cape Town, South Africa.

Are there any fans who are attending the show in Sede Jorge Newbery, Buenos Aires, Argentina tonight? Discuss the show on our LPA Forums or contact us on Twitter at @LPAsociation, we'd love to see your images, show updates and setlist details.

Setlist:

A Place For My Head (Long Intro)
    Given Up
    New Divide (cut short due to the band stopping to tell fans to pick each other up off the floor)
    With You
    Somewhere I Belong
    IN MY REMAINS
    VICTIMIZED / Qwerty
    Points Of Authority
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Waiting For The End (Until It Breaks Intro)
    Breaking The Habit
    Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
    Numb
    What I've Done
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out (Extended Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage')
    --------------------
    TINFOIL
    Faint
    Lying From You / Papercut
    One Step Closer

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Here's hoping for more LIVING THINGS song debuts.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I'm in Buenos Aires already! Flew from Chile just to see LP again :D I hope we get the setlist that starts with APFMH. If they debut Castle Of Glass, which I doubt, it's gonna be epic :D

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Awesome! Have a great time, dude! Tell us all about it when you're done!

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I will only accept Set B. 5:30 hours until I hit the Stadium.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Have fun, guys!

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Anyone know if anyone's tweeting the set?

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

@LinkinParkArg is :)

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Thanks!

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Freakin' amazing show! My third time seeing LP and probable the best one. The setlist is just fuckin' brutal! I saw the whole show from the first row (LPU Early Entrance FTW!). I was in a lot of pain afterwards though. The crowd was going nuts. A lot of people collapsed, and the peope in charge of security were busy the whole show taking people off the crowd. I'd say like 3 people per minute. But I enjoyed the show from beginning to end. A Place For My Head is just badass live. Can't wait for the DSP!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Random nitpick, but people keep saying the band has "performed" Tinfoil. They really haven't, it just gets played over the speakers.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I suppose you're right

Matthew99

Matthew99 New Member

I heard the Buenos Aires show was awesome. Those Argentines love Linkin Park! Are there any updates on other tour dates for the end of 2012 or 2013? I have been a huge LP fan since the days of Hybrid Theory. I saw them a few years ago, the last time they played at the Imperial Palace Las Vegas and it was epic. I would love to see them again!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012