LIVING THINGS Remix Subscription #5 - October - ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix ft. Bun B)

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Oct 1, 2012.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

For those of you who purchased the LIVING THINGS Remix subscription, this month's download is now ready. This month they have sent us two remixes to listen to. The first remix is for ROADS UNTRAVELED by Rad Omen featuring rapper Bun B. The second is a fan made remix they found of BURN IT DOWN by remixer Bobina, which you can listen to below. Make sure to check your email to download.

Listen - ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix ft. Bun B)

[video=youtube;5-QX3VvwfEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QX3VvwfEE[/video]

Source: Linkin Park Subscription Email via Death Slayer, Zakaria, and Serenity of Ashes

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

All of these dance remixes sound the same to me... Pardon my ignorance, it just seems like everything's been done before. Especially with BURN IT DOWN. This month's remix is actually listenable, though. I am hoping that the Hahn With Gun remix officially comes out soon. That one has a unique identity. Anyways, I'm hoping I will like the ROADS UNTRAVELED remix.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

The fan remix of BID is decent, though it seems like more of the same, personally. The RU remix is another dance remix but is surprising since I wouldn't have expected that for this song. Probably one of my favorite remixes so far.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Holy hell, a remix with Bun B? Please don't be disappointing.

Geki

Geki >.

I fucking love the RU remix!!!!!!

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Wow, the RU remix is pretty amazing.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Burn It Down remix is, once again, boring as fuck. The Roads Untraveled remix on the other hand is actually pretty decent, and wasn't expecting the rap verse to sound as good as it did.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

That ROADS UNTRAVELED remix is epic.

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Can anyone find the lyrics of the RU rap verse?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The Roads Untraveled remix is interesting.

Aquateur

Aquateur Member

Anyone know why Burn It Down is offered almost every month ? This one is juste good without more compared to the previous. It brings nothing new. I think that the mix of "Road Untraveled" is not terrible :/

Geki

Geki >.

Since we get a year subscription, each month should have been a different track from the album, that way we could get all 12 songs from the album remixed. This is kind of lame that we keep getting BID remixes over and over. It's pissing me off that I paid money for LP's album and was promised remixes every month but was never told that 90% of them would be BID remixes.

Zak

You should be grateful you got a ROADS UNTRAVELED remix with a BURN IT DOWN remix.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I find the Bobina Remix for BURN IT DOWN is far too similar to the Swoon Remix. At 1:22 during the Bobina Remix, it reaches a similar climax to that at 2:00 on the Swoon Remix. I'm not trying to imply that 'Bobina' had attempted to do copy 'Swoon' however Linkin Park have picked two very similar remixes.
    The ROADS UNTRAVELED Remix was rather unique. The original build up from the beginning is really well done. I'm not 100% sure that Bun B's verse fitted in perfectly with the remix but the concept and the verse itself was really good. I'm not a massive fan for the overall remix but it does deserve acknowledgement for sure.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm grateful for the RAC Remix of BID, the UIB remix, and the RU remix, I am not grateful for any of the others at all.

Aquateur

Aquateur Member

I agree with ToddWilliamson. Geki we think the same way and even if we had have the first remix for Roads Untraveled, we have also another Burn It Down remix. Perhaps that the remix for novembre will be the winner song of "Lost In The Echo" ? With a little chance, we will have several remix once again for the next months. Wait and see.

Zak

I understand your disappointment with the other BID remixes, but I was regarding specifically October's (this month's) subscription.
    You should be grateful that you got two, even though it is another BID remix, remixes instead of one.
    If you don't like the BID remix, then simply ignore it and continue discussing solely the ROADS UNTRAVELED remix like many others here.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

The LIVING THINGS Remix Subscription does not last for twelve months. On the LIVING THINGS pre-order page (http://livingthings.linkinpark.com/) it lists that the Remix Subscription will continue for eight months.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The RU remix is pretty cool. I like what they did with the "wooooaaahhh"' parts and the rap is decent.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I just hit play, but holy shit. Roads Untraveled remix with Bun B? what the fuck? :lol: