Mike Shinoda LPU Chat Summary - 09/25/2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 25, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Today Mike Shinoda took part in a LPU video chat exclusively for LPUnderground members. He spoke about a possible LPU Summit coming to South Africa, the upcoming CASTLE OF GLASS video, writing new music and more. Read the summary of the chat below.

- Mike is broadcasting from home in LA.
    - Crazy, crazy, crazy, talking... crazy = Lots of chat spam.
    - Mike said the iHeartRadio was a good time, enjoyed the 12 song abbreviated set.
    - Mike talks about the upcoming tour.
    - Mike talks about the acapellas and instrumentals and says the three songs he has't many heard remixes of are I'LL BE GONE/VICTIMIZED/IN MY REMAINS. On the basis of Mike's chosen theme, we have used this for our October Monthly Mix-Up.
    - LIVING THINGS vinyl is a possibility.
    - Setlist may not be changed when they play Brazil but could be by the time they play South Africa.
    - Mike will not do Gangnam style.
    - Mike didn't realize that POWERLESS had 13 dots on the back of the LIVING THINGS album cover, as opposed to 12, which is the track number.
    - Mike is looking for something else to score. No plans for a Raid sequel.
    - Mike talks about his work on the Medal of Honor: Warfighter OST and the two tracks he worked on which is available right now in iTunes.
    - Mike really likes how the CASTLE OF GLASS video looks which will be released soon in conjunction with Medal of Honor: Warfighter.
    - Mike talks about playing Reading My Eyes, and that they've done it before so it's not highly requested by the audience like others.
    - The Game of Thrones theme was used to open some shows on the Honda Civic Tour but he hasn't read the books.
    - Why shouldn't a man respect a woman? ...
    - Fort Minor still exists. He will probably do some Fort Minor stuff some day.
    - A new LPU Summit may be happening in South Africa. They're trying to work it out now, so spread the word as it's a huge possibility.
    - Mike hasn't seen the new TV series "Revolution", and mentions how ROADS UNTRAVELED is used for the promotion of it.
    - Yes, Mike has messed up during songs before, including singing different verses in a different order for certain songs.
    - Mike shouts out to everyone as shouting out to each person would take forever.
    - Mike says sorry to Florida who was missed on the recent Honda Civic Tour because of the booking and the route they played.
    - The band have been writing, yes, but it can mostly be described as "doodling", so don't expect it to be right around the corner.
    - Mike talks about LIVING THINGS and how they wanted to approach it differently, wasn't really so much difficult as it was just getting in the mind set to create what they wanted.
    - Mike talks about his work for the Big Issue magazine in the UK and how they aim to give work to homeless people and he thought it was a good fit for him to write articles for.
    - The constantly evolving lag finally deems the chat frozen and inaccessible.
    - Mike2 enters...
    - Chat disconnects again...
    - MIKExAGAIN enters...
    - He says he and his two clones can split duties on shows, studio and art. Three times the stuff for fans!
    - Mike joins the "whiteboard", allowing anyone and everyone to type and draw onto the screen. He draws a person, a skull, Snoopy, a horse, some Fort Minor style work... all whilst people write and draw over it.
    - Looks like it ended. If it comes back on we'll update this post.

Source: LPUnderground

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

LPUers confuse me, sometimes. :sweating:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

What a clusterfuck. :lol:

Thanks for the summary!

Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

Thanks for the summary guys,it ended quickly :(

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Revolution is just silly. Mike shouldn't watch it, ever.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This was bat shit crazy and I wasn't even a part of the chat.

Joe

Sorry if I missed anything. The lag was really bad for me and made it inaudible for some of it. Feel free to add some things I missed out and I'll put them in.

Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

Confuses me after i preorderd the LT Vinyl a week ago on Amazon Germany.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

THEY'RE COMING TO THE UK!!!!
    [​IMG]

:kappa:

Joe

Well, that's what Mike said. :lol:

You should know by now Mike isn't always up-to-date on what Warner release and when.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Thanks for that. Couldn't really watch the chat. After the first 10mins my connection got lost in the echo...

EsauL.09

EsauL.09 Active Member

can somebody tell us a bit more about this Deus ex human revolution series where they used roads untraveled . I've looked all over youtube and I could only find some fan made trailers with the whole song. I kind of got interested in the TV series . So if anyone can help , that would be awesome . Thanks

crat1x

crat1x Active Member

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

Man that chat was CRAZY! For people who have been in past LPU chats before has it ever been that crowded with 700 people or more?

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I agree. Just watched the pilot, and oh my God, wins the prize for epic time waster of the year.

Anywho, thanks for the summary. Interesting that he didn't even notice the 13 stars for Powerless. :lol:

Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

you know he first casually said hell to the people of India (while only 2 including me were actually in the room, and I couldn't type because of the chat screw up) :D
    then get annoyed after everyone started demanding a shout out where he eventually said hello to all you should have mentioned that (no love for us?) :(

EsauL.09

EsauL.09 Active Member

Thank you . I guess , I did a mistake choosing the suggested title by google .

EsauL.09

EsauL.09 Active Member

Thank you . I guess , I did a mistake choosing the suggested title by google .

LPAA9

LPAA9 Don't eat the yellow snow

Nothing about the upcoming LPU CD?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Nice. Seems like it was a great chat. :)