LPA Monthly Mix-Up October 2012: I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 25, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

OCTOBER 2012

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK VOCALS.

To keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (November 1st, 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of OCTOBER 2012 is:
    IN MY REMAINS, I'LL BE GONE OR VICTIMIZED
    (THEME SUGGESTED BY MIKE SHINODA. YOU PICK ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE THREE SONGS, AND CREATE A REMIX IN YOUR GENRE OF CHOICE)

As we had promised several weeks ago on our twitter: October's theme was going to be something truly special and an LPA first. So special in fact, that we have decided to announce it a few days early to allow more time for our potential entrants to work on their submissions and ensure that they are delivering their absolute best.

To celebrate the official release of LIVING THINGS instrumentals and acapellas, we are issuing our remix community a challenge that comes straight from Mike Shinoda himself. Earlier this month we were given a message from Mike letting us know that the band has yet to hear any good remixes of "In My Remains", "I'll Be Gone" or "Victimized". The band (knowing the great talent possessed by Linkin Park fans) wanted some help in spreading the word; and because we know the LPA remix community would do the band proud, we decided to take up the challenge ourselves.

Therefore, as the above description states, we are challenging our users to pick any one of the above three tracks to remix into a genre of their choice. Think of it as a "free-for-all" where you get to pick the song! You may remix any of the above three tracks that you wish; and be as creative as you want, but we ask that you please refrain from sampling artists other than Linkin Park and do not do an LP Vs [Other Band] mashup. Also, with the high volume of entries expected, we really want to see some unique and out of the box entries, so the more crazy the better. Creativity will win this round, so be sure to spare no surprises if you want to stand out from the crowd!

Lastly, although we are very pleased with the 'official' release of the LIVING THINGS acapellas/instrumentals (and feel it is a step in the right direction towards supporting the LP remix community), we still cannot allow the free upload of said audio to our website. We strongly encourage their purchase from iTunes shall you wish to use them in your remixes.

Our current "AMBIENT" theme will run until September 30th, with this theme starting today and ending October 31st. Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: THIS CONTEST IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR SPONSORED BY WARNER BROTHERS, MACHINE SHOP, LINKIN PARK LLC OR THEIR AFFILIATED SUBSIDIARIES. CONTEST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY, AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE 'LOST IN THE ECHO' CONTEST BY INDABA MUSIC.

sckofelng

sckofelng New Member

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Looks good, guys. Can't wait to see the remixes for this month!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Why so early?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because Mike selected the theme. It's special. We launched it to coincide with Mike's LPU chat.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

That was fast. ^_^

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

Cannot wait!!

U544

U544 Active Member

A few days ago I was looking for some descent Victimized remixes/mash-ups on youtube and was shocked that there were only like 10 of them (that's when I' heared schofelng's Remix for the first time and I really really like that one.) so I'm looking forward to hear some great remixes of that track aswell as the other 2. Good luck to everyone participating next month!

I might try to make something this month aswell as I've started working on 2 Victimized remixes a few days ago.
    EDIT: Here's a link to my preliminary entry: http://soundcloud.com/u544/linkin-park-victimized-echoes

I never would have thought OSC and Victimized would go that well together but your mash-up has proven me wrong. I love the structure, especially Mike’s vocals during the bridge and the extended outro featuring those badass screams. Nonetheless there are some points that need some additional work.
    The first thing would be the transition from the outro because the ‘break’ is a tad too early which destroys the tracks flow. There needs to be a short pause (like 1 second or something) between the song itself and the outro and fixing that would make your work more enjoyable.
    I’d also love to hear the whole Victimized intro and not only half of it. Maybe repeat the palm-muted guitar riff and let it fade in during Mike’s first lines or something like that.
    And last but not least I’d extend the outro a bit with Chester Sreaming ‘Shut Up’ 4 times instead of 2 and then using the Victimized scream to end the song.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I have been wetting my pants daily for about two weeks in anticipation for this contest to open - AUTOBOTS! MOVE OUT!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This has potential to be the best MMU yet! Mike might end up checking out these entries at some point as he was the one to suggest the theme. Good stuff.

You should see a doctor about that incontinence problem. :kappa:

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Ok doc, tell me what you think...

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Okay, this month will actually be the most interesting one.
    So here is my thing, i will enter with an remix i already made before. So this is actually pretty perfect.
    I actually never wanted to enter with an remix i created before an MMU but its a good situation.
    I worked 9 days on it and used my guitar there for the first time.
    Thats my special edit for the MMU!

I hope you guys like it! :)

[video=youtube_share;HFushQJkb0E]http://youtu.be/HFushQJkb0E[/video]

jFar920

jFar920 Well-Known Member

This is a very good remix, the lyrics stay in sync with the music, the music fits the lyrics, and it's unique. I do have one thing that I didn't particularly like, it's very minor though. The lyrics fading at the end feels unnecessary, or it needs to fade slower

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

this is absolutely amazing! Think I can get a download please? :D

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

i will send you the song asap as a PM is that okay?

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

A quick Mash up I did in about 30 minutes so don't expect much. It contains different versions of IMR togther into the original track. Eventually, I'll fix it up, this is just a quick version to see what people might think of this idea.
    http://soundcloud.com/brandon-roman-lenz/imr-mash-up

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I really like it, bro. The only thing I can really think of to improve it is before 1:55 Mike's lyric starts very low, but then suddenly he is at full volume again. Maybe you could add in a few more seconds of him repeating the verse and gradually coming up to full volume. I think I'm just nitpicking though. I also agree with TripleXero, the vocals at the end fade a little too fast for my taste. The rest of the music flowed very well with the vocals and suited the atmosphere perfectly. Well done! :thumbsup:

davidkyoku

davidkyoku Member

This is my remix. I made it before knowing anything about the contest, so I already have it done :)

It is a simple remix, piano + LP voice + my voice, pitched down to give to the song a different ambience, and stretching the lyrics to fit the piano (which was recorded for another cause!)

Enjoy it!

http://soundcloud.com/davidkyoku/lpassociation-com-monthly-mix

lpkilljoy

lpkilljoy Well-Known Member

if i am able to get the track onto a computer and upload it onto soundcloud or youtube, then i will. i already got this idea in my head but it's like an acoustic type of sound so....yeah.

by the way, i still got my Lost In The Echo monthly remix from a couple of months ago

this month is awesome :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.