09.08.2012 - Carson, CA / AXS TV Live Broadcast

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 8, 2012.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Newsflash bud, he's the frontman of the band. Just as is typical with any rock outfit, the vocalist is going to have the most attention drawn to them. Fact is that on a live broadcast, where more people than typical would watch, he struggled with some vocals. Nobody here is ripping on him for the sake of ripping on him. Everyone on this forum knows that the guy can outsing 99% of the vocalists out there nowadays. That doesn't change the fact that he was off key in multiple songs, and was frequently short of breath. It's a fact. People here stated it. No, it doesn't happen all the time but it happened last night. There were other faults in the show, such as the synth intro to New Divide cutting out for a few seconds, but when you're the frontman of the band, people are going to have the most to say about you.

The guy is my idol, but stating facts about his performance shouldn't give you the right to frown upon us.

Geki

Geki >.

Who cares is Chester doesn't sing perfect at a live show. Who goes to a live show and is worrying about if the singer will hit all the notes amazingly and perfectly? People go to have fun and sing along with their favorite songs being played live. Chester is the lead singer of the biggest band in the world, I don't think he cares what people online think about him.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And he's mine too. Doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to stick up for the guy, or that you have any more of a "right" to make a rather pretentious reply to me, pretty much putting me on blast for defending the guy. I never stated that anybody was "ripping on him for the sake of ripping on him" and, I was more stating that I felt bad for him for having a somewhat bad night because I feel it's all people are going to focus on. Yeah he struggled that night. Infact In My Remains/New Divide were very off. But you know what? Big deal. With all due respect, "frontman of a major band" or not, it doesn't mean he's going to be pitch perfect every night and that was my point. I don't go to a show worrying about whether or not the lead singer is going to hit all the notes. I go to experience the music and have a good time. I doubt anybody who was actually at the show even noticed or gave a crap that Chester was off key.

I wasn't "frowning on anybody", being uppity, or acting like I knew it all in my post like I feel you're trying to insinuate. So please, step off your soapbox or whatever you're on right now cause I feel you took my post entirely the wrong way.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I didn't really mind how Chester sounded. Yeh he was off on some songs but I thought he still sounded pretty good and did an excellent job throughout the whole show. The good thing about Chester, especially since the early 2000's, is how consistent he has gotten with his voice. And just like a lot of singers, he will be off on some nights, but, he still sounds great on those nights.

livingthings7

livingthings7 Member

really? did you think new divide and in my remains sounded bad?

Mr_Choco

Mr_Choco Site Voayer

Sergio Ferreira

Sergio Ferreira New Member

man you know what?? thats what im talking about, people just dont accept the fact that Chester since 2007 is not Chester from 2003/2004 anymore,we have to be correct when we talk about him, 2012 was not a good "VOCAL" year for him, he started well in HOB, RIR etc.. but when he started the tuor, man he totaly lost the power in his voice and look at those setlists, theyre incredible but not good for Chester anymore, he just CAN'T do all those screams together like he did in the past. in 2003/2004 Chester voice was SOOOO much better live than in the studio, but now he got older and he still smokes, all those things together made Chester perform like that. I just wanna say that people need to learne to NOT lie to themselves and to be openmind when we talk about the band, we all love them and we have to be real with them...

LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

The quality of the stream must've been pretty bad then. Because I was at the show, alongside someone who knows singing very well, has been doing it all her life in front of audiences, practiced it all her life, etc. We not only didn't think Chester 'struggled', but the songs being pointed out as 'weak' performance-wise, especially In My Remains, was one of the best performances of the night. Then again I guess I speak generally, the instrumentals, Mike's vocals, the build-up, the song in general was well done at the show. Chester often goes 'off album sound' on songs, why only now are we complaining about it? And as Derek pointed out, nobody at the show seemed to care.

I want to see the recording now of this show if that's even still possible, so I can confirm this.

Edit: Just watched it, recording does seem a little off, but I can tell you we didn't care at the show, and I doubt others did. I remember it sounding better, so I'm partially blaming the recording quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012