WWBs Prediction on why Summer Sanitarium Will Fail

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Todd, Jun 6, 2003.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

2 DJ's here in St. Louis, Woody and the Whipping Boy were talking today on the radio and think Summer Sanitarium might end up not happening.

1. Chester from LP is hospitalized and having surgery. He won't be able to perform for at least a month.
    2. Chino from the Deftones is talking #### about other bands, including Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Metallica, all 3 who are scheduled to go with the Deftones on Sanitarium. If they can't get along now, how would they get along when they're all with each other the entire summer?
    3. Limp Bizkit can't even get their act together and start working on an album and get something recorded. If they can't sit down and write something because they're so unorganized, how will they do an entire tour?
    4. A majority of the tickets would have been sold to hardcore Metallica fans, mainly just wanting to see them. After all, Metallica probably does have the largest number of fans. But, a lot of people, including hardcore Metallica fans, think St. Anger completley sucks. Normally, tours are used to promote new albums, so if Metallica is mainly going to play new songs that suck, do you think their hardcore fans will still buy tickets, especially when they're between $70 and $100? After mentioning this, the DJs said that out of all the songs requested in the past several hours, not one of them has been a Metallica song.

So, what do you all think?

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

wow. they are right. I just hope that it ends up happening, even though i'm not going.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I certainly agree. Judging by the title track from "St. Anger", it's a pile of crap. With Chino acting like the egotistical jackass he's always been, slamming LP, LB and Metallica, i wouldn't be surprised if they got their sorry money-greedy asses kicked off the tour. I think LP will make alot of people come, maybe even more than Metallica (because all their fans from the old days are, like, 35 now, if they were teens back then. Although teens my age have just started getting into them, so maybe their is still a young fan base for them.), but if LP pull out, the tour is doomed. What is LB gonna do? Play the same stuff from 2 years ago over and over again instead of new stuff? They can hardly pick a album title too. Maybe it will flop, but then again alot of people would be very pissed. There may be riots, lol.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

As much as I hate to say it, I'd have to agree with the people with screwed up names.

I don't think it's going to work out at all. Metallica will end up playing the whole tour by themselves with Mudvayne opening.

But Mudvayne will realize that Metallica is washed-up and will drop off the tour!

:lol:

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

:lol: You guys are bang on with these predictions! It'll be funny if its cancelled because one of my friends has tickets to one of the shows and he'll be mighty pissed if they cancel it!

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

I agree with what these guys are saying..even though i do hate to admit it...The Buzz one of the radio stations over here was talking about those same issues also. Since all the new Metallica stuff sucks..people are mainly going to see LP, LB and the Deftones..but i certainly wouldnt be suprised if the tour was cancelled.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Well, wouldn't that just suck for Metallica? :lol:

I think the main reason they picked Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park, and limpbizkit is because they are on the top of the 'nu-metal kids' lists. Metallica is trying to gain some of those fans.

And i'm not going to it, so if it gets cancelled, eh oh well. :p

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Forget you guys, I got a ticket for the last show.

Metallica sucks and just now these hardcore fans are realizing it. Now they're not gonna go. I heard Deftones suck when they perform live so their fans will stay at home. Limp Bizkit doesn't have any new material and hardly any fans left (I'm one of the remaining), and Mudvayne puts on a good show from what I heard, but I don't really like them.

Linkin Park have so many fans, obviously if they've gone double platinum, so far.

I hope everyone drops out except LP. Wouldn't that be nice? :p

Magick

Magick Ambient

Valid points but I doubt it'll happen, or at least I hope it won't. They'd have a lot of refunding to do if they do cancel it, though. :whistle:

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

dont u know LB do have new material and have a single coming out during SS?

they have a track list kicking around and they have 18 finished songs from the album they started and decided not to release, fred said he is going to do something with them, so mayby he might play some

as for metallica

bleh

:lol:

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

hell yea..that would be awesome (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)