09.02.12 - Edmonton, AB, Canada

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Sep 3, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Tonight, at SONIC BOOM 2012, Linkin Park will perform in Edmonton, AB, Canada for the very first time. Linkin Park are headlining tonight's line-up preceeded by Incubus, Silversun Pickups, Young the Giant, The Joy Formidable, Fun. and more. As a reminder, LPU Early Access will NOT be permitted at a festival tour date.

This will mark the second of three tour dates that Linkin Park will be playing in Canada before heading back to the U.S. to finish up the remaining four Honda Civic Tour shows.

Sep 4 Vancouver, BC, Canada, Rogers Arena
    Sept 5 Tacoma, WA at Tacoma Dome
    Sept 7 Mountain View, CA at Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Sept 8 Los Angeles, CA at The Home Depot Center
    Sept 10 San Diego, CA at Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

For those who are going to the concert tonight, what are your expectations and wishes for the show? What kind of setlist can we expect for tonight? Will there be any surprises?

This post will be updated as more details are revealed for the concert date.

Help us out by live tweeting us setlist information and other surprises @lpassociation.

----------

SETLIST:

A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro
    Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note
    New Divide
    With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro
    Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro
    IN MY REMAINS
    VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    Points Of Authority
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro
    Breaking The Habit
    LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro
    Numb Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)
    What I've Done
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro
    --------------------
    TINFOIL
    Faint Ext. Outro
    Lying From You / Papercut
    One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Note: Incubus was slated to perform tonight, however, thier front-man, Brandon Boyd came down with a case of strep throat and Incubus was unable to play this venue.

Source: SONIC BOOM 2012 l Honda Civic Tour l ToTheCitadel l Ryan l xtremelyhotsoup l Dementia

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

setlist A may be

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Omg, first Hybrid news post...

:awesome:!

Hybrid

That pink cherry has been popped!:alf:

ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I think Calgary and Edmonton are only festivals. Vancouver is just a "standard" arena.

Hybrid

I wasn't sure about that... I was going off of Ree's post from earlier... I think I'll change it. Thank you.

ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

No worries. I was a bit confused myself haha.

Hybrid

Fixed. Thank you. :D I still love Ree, though. It's funny, though, that the Vancouver show is not being billed, as far as I know, for a Honda Civic Tour date.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Was at the concert tonight. Can confirm that the set list was exactly the same as it was for the Calgary show. Also surprised to not see anyone talking about it but Incubus has now cancelled playing at last nights show and tonight's show. Brandon Boyd has come down with a case of strep throat and the band was forced to cancel both stops.

I've waited 12 years to see these guys live(loved them since the first time I heard One Step Closer) and I must say I wasn't disappointed one bit with their live show. I know a lot of times bands say a lot of fluff to the audience to get them into it or keep them into it but I felt the words from Chester and Mike were genuine and I really think they have been caught off guard by the response to the fans singing along to their music. I have a feeling that more Canadian tour dates will become common among their NA touring dates.

A few comments aside from that that I'd like to make of the show is that I know a lot of people have talked about and said how awesome Rob is on the drums and I mean it's hard to get a sense of it from the recorded music and you can kind of see it from the live DVD's how good he is. But until you see the guy play live you actually understand why he gets so much praise for being the drummer that he is. He was an absolute treat to watch live.

Secondly I was a bit disappointed watching Brad live. He had very little stage pressence and really wasn't very noticeable. I'm not sure if he's battling any kind of an illness but I only have the DVD's to go off of and he generally seems like a large part of their live show, but I though his presence really lacked tonight, especially for someone that goes by BBB.

Ryan

Yeah the Edmonton and Calgary shows were both outdoor festivals. The Vancouver show will be an indoor arena show that will hopefully be LP and Incubus and I'm not sure who else are main stays on that tour.

Hybrid

Ryan, Thank you for your contribution to the thread. The Vancouver show is supposed to be Linkin Park, Incubus and Mutemath, but I still cannot find any indication that it is a Honda Civic Tour show. LP is amazing live. I hope my northern neighbors get a lot more chances to get to see them live.

xtremelyhotsoup

xtremelyhotsoup Member

the setlist was..
    place for my head
    with you
    somewhere i belong
    new divide
    given up
    an i cant really remember the order of the rest :p
    annyways amazing show, thanks for coming to Canada Linkin park !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMG1983

DMG1983 New Member

None of the Canadian tour dates are billed as part of the Honda Civic Tour. I apparently bought the cream-colored t-shirt that was part of the Honda Civic Tour, and none of the three Canadian stops are on it (The dates on the shirt go from August 11-30, and then jump to September 05). A little perturbed by this, as I noticed it AFTER I bought the shirt...ANYHOW.
    It was an incredible show, Brad's presence was awfully lacking, perhaps this is the norm, as I have never seen Linkin Park live before. You could say it was well worth the wait.
    My wife was much more excited than I was, even had a shirt made up that showed off her baby bump, and her interest in the band; "LINKIN PARK FAN IN THE MAKING". Not saying I didn't try to sing along to each and every song they played, even got a little misty eyed when they played a few verses of Sabotage.

Needless to say, I'm indefinitely feeling my age this morning, legs are stiff and sore today, but I could not be happier. THANK YOU, LINKIN PARK.

EDIT: Yes, I agree about none of the other bands mentioning the lack of Incubus. I think this put a fairly huge damper on my day, because they were one of the bands on the bill that I was looking forward to seeing (again), but, to my dismay.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

setlist is wrong, here is a video of APFMH from last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5MF3C8aCB8&feature=plcp

do you remember is In My Reamis was played instead of When They Come For Me? if so then we know the real setlist

Ryan

That's weird because I noticed a bunch of t-shirts that said Honda Civic tour and it had Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver on the list.

Either way can other posters who have seen Linkin Park live state if this is the norm for Brad? Honestly the only time he was noticeable was when he came out and did a little guitar solo during Faint. But even still during that song he was just siting in the background and at one point was over talking to Joe Hahn during the song and laughing. Then came forward for his solo and then disappeared again.

Blake

did the setlist have In My Remains and Open with APFMH?

xtremelyhotsoup

xtremelyhotsoup Member

yeaa , they didnt play when they come for me at all .

xtremelyhotsoup

xtremelyhotsoup Member

Yuuup !

kittypankake

kittypankake New Member

The show was excellent, My first LP concert and I was not disapointed!

As for the setlist, I seem to remember that Bleed It Out/Sabatoge was the last song before the encore and One Step Closer was the show closer, so opposite to what you have up top...But I mean maybe not take just my word for it, the whole thing including the M&G was a just big fantastic blur to me in the end! Perhaps if someone else who was there could confim!

Blake

ok thanks. so setlist is:

01. A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro
    02. Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note
    03. New Divide
    04. With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro
    05. Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro
    06. IN MY REMAINS
    07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    08. Points Of Authority
    09. LIES GREED MISERY