Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar

09.02.12 - Edmonton, AB, Canada

Tonight, at SONIC BOOM 2012, Linkin Park will perform in Edmonton, AB, Canada for the very first time. Linkin Park are headlining tonight's line-up preceeded by Incubus, Silversun Pickups, Young the Giant, The Joy Formidable, Fun. and more. As a reminder, LPU Early Access will NOT be permitted at a festival tour date.

This will mark the second of three tour dates that Linkin Park will be playing in Canada before heading back to the U.S. to finish up the remaining four Honda Civic Tour shows.

Sep 4 Vancouver, BC, Canada, Rogers Arena
    Sept 5 Tacoma, WA at Tacoma Dome
    Sept 7 Mountain View, CA at Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Sept 8 Los Angeles, CA at The Home Depot Center
    Sept 10 San Diego, CA at Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

For those who are going to the concert tonight, what are your expectations and wishes for the show? What kind of setlist can we expect for tonight? Will there be any surprises?

This post will be updated as more details are revealed for the concert date.

Help us out by live tweeting us setlist information and other surprises @lpassociation.

----------

SETLIST:

A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro
    Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note
    New Divide
    With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro
    Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro
    IN MY REMAINS
    VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    Points Of Authority
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro
    Breaking The Habit
    LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro
    Numb Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)
    What I've Done
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro
    --------------------
    TINFOIL
    Faint Ext. Outro
    Lying From You / Papercut
    One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Note: Incubus was slated to perform tonight, however, thier front-man, Brandon Boyd came down with a case of strep throat and Incubus was unable to play this venue.

Source: SONIC BOOM 2012 l Honda Civic Tour l ToTheCitadel l Ryan l xtremelyhotsoup l Dementia
    Last edited by Hybrid; 09-04-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    The cycle repeated as explosions broke in the sky
    all that I needed was the one thing I couldn't find
    And you were there at the turn waiting to let me know
    We're building it up to break it back down
    We're building it up to burn it down
    We can't wait to burn it to the ground
    The colors conflicted as the flames climbed into the clouds
    I wanted to fix this but couldn't stop from tearing it down
    And you were there at the turn caught in the burning glow
    And I was there at the turn waiting to let you know
    You told me yes you held me high And I believed when you told that lie
    I played that soldier you played king And struck me down when I kissed that ring
    You lost that right to hold that crown I built you up but you let me down
    so when you fall I'll take my turn and fan the flames as your blazes burn

The colors conflicted as the flames climbed into the clouds

setlist A may be

Omg, first Hybrid news post...

!

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Omg, first Hybrid news post...

!
    That pink cherry has been popped!

Wisdom, Justice & Love ToTheCitadel's Avatar
    I think Calgary and Edmonton are only festivals. Vancouver is just a "standard" arena.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheCitadel View Post
    I think Calgary and Edmonton are only festivals. Vancouver is just a "standard" arena.
    I wasn't sure about that... I was going off of Ree's post from earlier... I think I'll change it. Thank you.

Wisdom, Justice & Love ToTheCitadel's Avatar
    No worries. I was a bit confused myself haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheCitadel View Post
    No worries. I was a bit confused myself haha.
    Fixed. Thank you. I still love Ree, though. It's funny, though, that the Vancouver show is not being billed, as far as I know, for a Honda Civic Tour date.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 09-03-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: I had to include my love for Ree.

Was at the concert tonight. Can confirm that the set list was exactly the same as it was for the Calgary show. Also surprised to not see anyone talking about it but Incubus has now cancelled playing at last nights show and tonight's show. Brandon Boyd has come down with a case of strep throat and the band was forced to cancel both stops.

I've waited 12 years to see these guys live(loved them since the first time I heard One Step Closer) and I must say I wasn't disappointed one bit with their live show. I know a lot of times bands say a lot of fluff to the audience to get them into it or keep them into it but I felt the words from Chester and Mike were genuine and I really think they have been caught off guard by the response to the fans singing along to their music. I have a feeling that more Canadian tour dates will become common among their NA touring dates.

A few comments aside from that that I'd like to make of the show is that I know a lot of people have talked about and said how awesome Rob is on the drums and I mean it's hard to get a sense of it from the recorded music and you can kind of see it from the live DVD's how good he is. But until you see the guy play live you actually understand why he gets so much praise for being the drummer that he is. He was an absolute treat to watch live.

Secondly I was a bit disappointed watching Brad live. He had very little stage pressence and really wasn't very noticeable. I'm not sure if he's battling any kind of an illness but I only have the DVD's to go off of and he generally seems like a large part of their live show, but I though his presence really lacked tonight, especially for someone that goes by BBB.

Yeah the Edmonton and Calgary shows were both outdoor festivals. The Vancouver show will be an indoor arena show that will hopefully be LP and Incubus and I'm not sure who else are main stays on that tour.

Ryan, Thank you for your contribution to the thread. The Vancouver show is supposed to be Linkin Park, Incubus and Mutemath, but I still cannot find any indication that it is a Honda Civic Tour show. LP is amazing live. I hope my northern neighbors get a lot more chances to get to see them live.

Opening
    the setlist was..
    place for my head
    with you
    somewhere i belong
    new divide
    given up
    an i cant really remember the order of the rest :p
    annyways amazing show, thanks for coming to Canada Linkin park !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opening
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Ryan, Thank you for your contribution to the thread. The Vancouver show is supposed to be Linkin Park, Incubus and Mutemath, but I still cannot find any indication that it is a Honda Civic Tour show. LP is amazing live. I hope my northern neighbors get a lot more chances to get to see them live.
    None of the Canadian tour dates are billed as part of the Honda Civic Tour. I apparently bought the cream-colored t-shirt that was part of the Honda Civic Tour, and none of the three Canadian stops are on it (The dates on the shirt go from August 11-30, and then jump to September 05). A little perturbed by this, as I noticed it AFTER I bought the shirt...ANYHOW.
    It was an incredible show, Brad's presence was awfully lacking, perhaps this is the norm, as I have never seen Linkin Park live before. You could say it was well worth the wait.
    My wife was much more excited than I was, even had a shirt made up that showed off her baby bump, and her interest in the band; "LINKIN PARK FAN IN THE MAKING". Not saying I didn't try to sing along to each and every song they played, even got a little misty eyed when they played a few verses of Sabotage.

Needless to say, I'm indefinitely feeling my age this morning, legs are stiff and sore today, but I could not be happier. THANK YOU, LINKIN PARK.

EDIT: Yes, I agree about none of the other bands mentioning the lack of Incubus. I think this put a fairly huge damper on my day, because they were one of the bands on the bill that I was looking forward to seeing (again), but, to my dismay.
    Last edited by DMG1983; 09-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

setlist is wrong, here is a video of APFMH from last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5MF3C8aCB8&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by xtremelyhotsoup View Post
    the setlist was..
    place for my head
    with you
    somewhere i belong
    new divide
    given up
    an i cant really remember the order of the rest :p
    annyways amazing show, thanks for coming to Canada Linkin park !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    do you remember is In My Reamis was played instead of When They Come For Me? if so then we know the real setlist
    Last edited by Blake; 09-03-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

Quote Originally Posted by DMG1983 View Post
    None of the Canadian tour dates are billed as part of the Honda Civic Tour. I apparently bought the cream-colored t-shirt that was part of the Honda Civic Tour, and none of the three Canadian stops are on it (The dates on the shirt go from August 11-30, and then jump to September 05). A little perturbed by this, as I noticed it AFTER I bought the shirt...ANYHOW.
    That's weird because I noticed a bunch of t-shirts that said Honda Civic tour and it had Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver on the list.

Either way can other posters who have seen Linkin Park live state if this is the norm for Brad? Honestly the only time he was noticeable was when he came out and did a little guitar solo during Faint. But even still during that song he was just siting in the background and at one point was over talking to Joe Hahn during the song and laughing. Then came forward for his solo and then disappeared again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's weird because I noticed a bunch of t-shirts that said Honda Civic tour and it had Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver on the list.

Either way can other posters who have seen Linkin Park live state if this is the norm for Brad? Honestly the only time he was noticeable was when he came out and did a little guitar solo during Faint. But even still during that song he was just siting in the background and at one point was over talking to Joe Hahn during the song and laughing. Then came forward for his solo and then disappeared again.
    did the setlist have In My Remains and Open with APFMH?

Opening
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
    setlist is wrong, here is a video of APFMH from last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5MF3C8aCB8&feature=plcp

do you remember is In My Reamis was played instead of When They Come For Me? if so then we know the real setlist
    yeaa , they didnt play when they come for me at all .

Opening
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
    did the setlist have In My Remains and Open with APFMH?
    Yuuup !

The show was excellent, My first LP concert and I was not disapointed!

As for the setlist, I seem to remember that Bleed It Out/Sabatoge was the last song before the encore and One Step Closer was the show closer, so opposite to what you have up top...But I mean maybe not take just my word for it, the whole thing including the M&G was a just big fantastic blur to me in the end! Perhaps if someone else who was there could confim!

Quote Originally Posted by xtremelyhotsoup View Post
    Yuuup !
    ok thanks. so setlist is:

01. A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro
    02. Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note
    03. New Divide
    04. With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro
    05. Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro
    06. IN MY REMAINS
    07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    08. Points Of Authority
    09. LIES GREED MISERY
    10. Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro
    11. Breaking The Habit
    12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley
    13. The Catalyst
    14. LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro
    15. Numb Outro
    16. What I've Done
    17. BURN IT DOWN
    18. In The End
    19. Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro
    ----------------------------------------------------
    20. TINFOIL
    21. Faint Ext. Outro
    22. Lying From You / Papercut
    23. One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Hybrid you need to change it
    Last edited by Blake; 09-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Thread Information