09.01.12 - Calgary, AB, Canada

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Sep 1, 2012.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

As the month of September begins, Linkin Park is set to perform on their first Canadian tour date in Calgary, AB, Canada at the X-FEST. With only three Canadian dates during the Honda Civic Tour, fans eagerly await to hear performances of both new and old material. Being a festival date, the concert will feature seven other musical acts including Young The Giant, The Joy Formidable, and more. As a reminder, LPU Early Access will NOT be permitted at a festival tour date.

[video=youtube;HQUqT0BhrlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUqT0BhrlY&feature=player_embedded#![/video]​

The band's previous performance in Denver, Colorado on Thursday brought a slightly reformatted Set B and introduced, for the first time, IN MY REMAINS into another setlist other than Set C. The concert marks the first time that all seven LIVING THINGS songs (LOST IN THE ECHO, BURN IT DOWN, IN MY REMAINS, VICTIMIZED, LIES GREED MISERY, TINFOIL, and UNTIL IT BREAKS partially) were performed during a single concert event. Will this set reorder be continued in the remaining half of the Honda Civic Date? Will Linkin Park include the additional performance of POWERLESS in future dates? Continue following the Honda Civic Tour to find out!

The concert also marked the first on stage collaboration between Linkin Park and Incubus when Incubus' Mike Einziger joined the band during Bleed It Out. Catch the performance below:

[video=youtube;ljabIt3Iu6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljabIt3Iu6k&list=UUsFyAGvo3-i9N5bS2L3Z-CA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]​

Interested in having a Fan Get Together? Check our official members listing for each show HERE and let us know if you plan on having a Fan Get Together! For those who are going to the concert tonight, what are your expectations or wishes for the show?

This post will be updated as more details are revealed for the concert date.

Help us out by live tweeting us setlist information and other surprises @lpassociation.

----------

SETLIST:

TINFOIL
    Faint (Ext. Outro)
    Papercut
    Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    With You (Ext. Intro aqd Scratch Outro)
    Somewhere I Belong (Ext. Intro)
    New Divide
    VICTIMIZED/QWERTY Mashup
    IN MY REMAINS
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Points Of Authority
    Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro and Wall of Noise Outro)
    Breaking The Habit
    LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
    Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    What I've Done
    One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    ----------
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro and Sabotage Bridge with Ext. Outro)

Source: X-FEST l chernose l Catalyst619 l Hybrid

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Good to see my two favourite Mikes on the same stage together.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Now I'm hoping that joke about Einziger working on a remix was actually a confirmation.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Zane Ninja'd me on this news post. Here, Zane... Add this video in to your news post.

[youtube]HQUqT0BhrlY[/youtube]

Residentturdface

Residentturdface Well-Known Member

I'M GOING! With VIP tickets!! :) First time seeing Linkin Park live EVER, and i've been a fan since Hybrid Theory. Its their first time being in alberta. Hope they open with With You or APFMH

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Damn that performance was sick.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Was that mike wearing a hat? Doesn't suit him anymore.

Catalyst619

Catalyst619 Active Member

Me too :]

It said VIP tickets gave you early entry. Does that mean we can just waltz in whenever before the gates open?

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I'm going to write them a letter!

Netherwood

Netherwood Guest

That was awesome!!! :D glad to see that Linkin Park And Incubus are finally collaborating on tour.

Also Does anyone think since they are in Canada for the next couple of tour dates that they might debut "I'll Be Gone" at some point over the next few days?

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Sick collab, but why was Chester half-assing BIO? :( And btw Zane, Set C was the first set to feature IMR, not A.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Just checked, thanks for letting me know!

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

No problem!

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Glad to see LP back in Canada! Now if only they would have circled around and came back through Ontario... Then I'd finally be able to see them

Anyways I hope Brad was taking notes during that performance! Watching those videos I haven't seen a crowd that pumped up about guitar work in an LP concert since the early days of Faint's extended outro way back in 2007.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

How come Brad doesn't shred more often? Why doesn't he play more solos during concerts? This is one of my few complaints regarding LP. I would love to see Brad take part and maybe stage a guitar duel with Mike Einziger. He should bust out his guitar skills and let it rip. I KNOW fans will love it!

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Brad even writes guitar music anymore. Not a diss, but I remember Mike joking how most of the guitar work in Living Things were done by him and Chester. Seriously...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

anyone know the setlist?

Catalyst619

Catalyst619 Active Member

TINFOIL
    Faint (Ext. Outro)
    Papercut
    Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
    Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
    New Divide
    VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    IN MY REMAINS
    LIES GREED MISERY
    Points Of Authority
    Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)
    Breaking The Habit
    LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    The Catalyst
    LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
    Numb (Mike & Chester Numb encore tease)
    What I've Done
    One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    BURN IT DOWN
    In The End
    Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

In My Remains might have been up/down a slot or two, I remember them playing it relatively early.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

Whoever wrote it, the guitar in Living Things is a little uninspiring... don't get me wrong, I like the album, but there's nothing distinctive or stand out in there. It doesn't even have to be particularly complicated - just look at pretty much all the riffs on Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they're simple but snappy and memorable. Minutes to Midnight had some interesting guitar parts too that were a bit more sophisticated (In Pieces solo, LTGYA). The extent of the guitar work in Living Thing's is fast, repeated down-strumming patterns that pretty much get absorbed into the background of the song. Only hardcore fans would recognise the In My Remains guitar part if it were played on it's own, but pretty much an entire arena of people will go crazy when they hear the OSC or Faint riff.

I'd love to see a little bit more from Brad... the guitar is hardly an alien instrument to him so I'm sure he's capable, there's no way he could have gone 10 years in one of the worlds biggest rock bands and not picked up anything to show off with :p

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

It's alright to call a turd a turd. This album was easily their worst album to date. I'm actually disappointed to see all the news material in the set list as I will be attending the show tonight in Edmonton. Obviously though it's expected as they just released the CD. Honestly aside from Lost in the Echo(brutal music video though) the album is the most disappointing one from LP.