what albums are you going to buy?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jun 6, 2003.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Magik - Yeah I got Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence a month ago and it is a kickass album!

The first disc has five songs (totalling a whopping 54 minutes!) which are actually quite heavy, especially the opener, 'The Glass Prison'. All the tracks on this side are great. Blind Faith starts soft, then builds up to a long instrumental section with some great guitar and keyboard solos. 'Misuderstood' also starts off soft with amazing acoustics and its really experimental with the sounds and percussion. It builds up to a really emotional chorus. 'The Great Debate' is much like a Tool song, but its about stem cell research, with soundbites for an intro and an outro, but there is a bassline/drum/keyboard accompaniment. Actually, some of the riffs sound almost exactly like they were taken from Tool's 'Forty-Six & 2'. Disappear is a really wierd track with a keyboard intro that has really eerie and the track gets really good after a few listens.

The other CD is ONE song, the title track. It has an Overture and 7 other 'movements' to it, clocking in at 42 minutes. My favourites parts are 'About to Crash (Reprise)' with great basslines and 'The Test That Stumped Them All' with a lightning fast guitar riff and an amazing ending! A long description yes, but I really enjoy listening to Dream Theater (gonna go to a concert with them and Queensryche in the summer), and I'm really glad that someone is interested in them!

Also get Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory, and download 'A Change of Seasons', a 23-minute epic!

sup103

sup103 Ambient

The re-release? Sweet. I love Fireproof, but I havent heard the rest of the album yet.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yup, Fireproof is being re-released. About a couple of months ago, they signed up with MCA records, so Pillar decided to remaster Fireproof for mainstream release. Unfortunatly, I haven't heard it on radio yet, but I'm sure you can request it on your local radio station.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Odaton - Thank you. :p And holy crap about the title track.. 42 minutes. >.< DT's going on tour? I'm going to have to check out their site later. And thanks also for the recommendations.

===

Mmhmm, more stuff:

In Flames - Whoracle, Clay Man
    RHCP - Californication
    Tool - Any album
    Deftones - Around The Fur

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yes, 42 minutes is crazy long, but it feels more like a very cohesive album rather than a song!

And Dream Theater is doing a tour with Queensryche, Fates Warning, and I hear also I Mother Earth (an amazing alt-metal band from Canada. Check out their newest single 'Like The Sun' and their album 'Quicksilver Meat Dream' produced by David Bottrill. He's done Tool's Aenima and Lateralus and Mudvayne's newest album!).

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

No Doubt! ^^^

MxPx Before and Everything After (Aug) <<-- can't wait for this one ^_^
    New Found Glory Sticks And Stones
    Thrice Artist in the Ambulance (July)
    The Movielife Forty Hour Train Back to Penn
    Alkaline Trio Good Mourning
    No Motiv Daylight Breaking (Fall)
    Millencolin Home From Home
    The Clash The Essential Clash
    The Distillers Sing Sing Death House
    wow, 'tis almost all punk :whistle:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

1. Finding Nemo Soundtrack
    2. Incubus - Fungus Amongus
    3. Daredevil Soundtrack
    4. X-Men Soundtrack (my friend decided to permanently borrow my first one -.- NOT my friend anymore!)
    5. They Might Be Giants (any cd)

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well these past months i had purchased:

LP - Meteora
    Finch - What it is to Burn
    Matrix Reloaded - Soundtrack
    Metallica - St. Anger

i'm not sure what album i should get next, but i did have suggestions to go 14 Shades of Grey from Staind.

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

I would get st. anger if it were a good album, but it is horrible, the only horrible work of metallica. I think I will definitely get the next lost prophets work and P.O.D-P.O.D. Thrice, when their new album comes out later this year. Maybe adema too. I am not sure about hoobastank though. I have their first album but it was not that good. Oh, and incubus is coming out with another record in the future. I heard it will be more like their heavier works from their earlier albums. I will get it

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I really hope it's heavier because everything after the album "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" was mellow. Not that that's bad, I just miss their older style.

Looks like I'll be getting this album, too. :)
    P.O.D.'s too...sorry I forgot about that one.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I really hope it's heavier because everything after the album "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" was mellow. Not that that's bad, I just miss their older style. [/b][/quote]
    That's exactly why they lost a lot of hardcore fans and gained all the teenies. I hope they get their heavier style back because I've heard good things about S.C.I.E.N.C.E.. Make Yourself is pretty good, too.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Could you have been anymore right? Once again, Will hits the nail on the coffin.

Will, if you don't have S.C.I.E.N.C.E., I recommend Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song), Deep Inside, Idiot Box, & Favorite Things.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral & The Fragile
    Marilyn Manson - Golden Age Of Grotesque & Mechnical Animals
    Finger Eleven - Tip
    Staind - Dysfunction, Tormented & 14 Shades Of Grey
    Metallica - Master Of Puppets & Garage Days
    Sum 41 - Does This Look Infested?
    50 Cent - New Breed & Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
    Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
    Led Zeppelin - IV

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Could you have been anymore right? Once again, Will hits the nail on the coffin.

Will, if you don't have S.C.I.E.N.C.E., I recommend Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song), Deep Inside, Idiot Box, & Favorite Things. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with all of you. I really hope incubus goes old school again. Also look for A Certain Shade of Green and its music video