08.21.12 - Detroit, MI

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 21, 2012.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Next stop on the Honda Civic Tour is The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan. Long-time fans may remember that Detroit was the host city for a 2003 MTV concert special named Linkin Park: $2 Bill Concert, where the band premiered a series of tracks from 'Meteora' to a room full of LPUnderground members.

[video=youtube;8MZS43riW8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZS43riW8w[/video]​

As for what Detroit fans can expect to hear live tonight, the band have played the following 20 songs in all six Honda Civic Tour shows thus far: "In The End", "One Step Closer", "With You", "Breaking The Habit", "Faint", "Numb", "Somewhere I Belong", "Bleed It Out", "Given Up", "Leave Out All The Rest"/"Shadow of the Day"/"Iridescent" (medley), "What I've Done", "New Divide", "The Catalyst", "Waiting For The End", "BURN IT DOWN", "LOST IN THE ECHO", and "VICTIMIZED/QWERTY". The band have also been rotating in the following songs: "A Place For My Head" (2x), "Papercut" (3x), "Points of Authority" (4x), "Lying From You" (4x), "When They Come For Me" (4x), "LIES GREED MISERY" (4x), "IN MY REMAINS" (2x), and "TINFOIL" (4x).

But who knows, maybe fans will hear "Crawling" or "Powerless" for the first time on this tour. Tune in for live setlist updates!

Are you attending tonight's show? Feel free to join in on the conversation on our forums or by tweeting us at @LPAssocation!

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

Going tomorrow, making the travel from Toronto and staying overnight with my brother and cousin. I have a M&G too.

xcaboose117x

xcaboose117x Active Member

The $2 show was at the state theater now known as the filmore. The Meteora World Tour was played at The Palace.

Mark

Could have sworn otherwise, but you are correct. Editing.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Have fun, guys!

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I'm going as well, my 2nd time seeing LP, but sadly no M&G for me :( Will try to tweet the setlist (@teenlabotamy) but no promises, I'm not the most responsible guy around :lol: I'll definitely post some videos though.

maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

Someone will be updating the Setlist ?

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Let's do this shit.

SETLIST:
    1. With You (Game Of Thrones Intro)
    2. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    3. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    4. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
    5. Lying From You
    6. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
    7. New Divide
    8. IN MY REMAINS
    9. Empty Spaces (w/ Megaphone)
    10. When They Come For Me
    11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    12. Breaking The Habit
    13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    14. The Catalyst
    15. What I've Done
    16. BURN IT DOWN
    17. In The End
    18. Numb (Numb/Encore Lyric Tease Outro)
    19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' Cover; Ext. Outro)
      ----------------------------------------------------
    20. LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
    21. Papercut
    22. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Show Notes
    - First time 'With You' opened a show since 15.03.2004 Inglewood.
    - Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.
    - Mike sang part of the lyrics to 'Numb/Encore' over the end of 'Numb'.

Other Notes
    - The setlist was changed for this show. The 'LFY + Papercut' mashup was separated and the full versions of the songs were played. 'Lying From You' replaced the mashup and 'Papercut' was moved into the encore after 'LOST IN THE ECHO'. 'What I've Done' was moved down after 'The Catalyst'. 'Crawling' was cut from the setlist for the seventh time in a row.

If the setlist changes, I'll update this post.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

*Sigh* I still don't understand these setlists. So many better choices could be made

Søuł

Lol, wtf? These setlist are better than Europe. Sure, FTI, Blackout and a few others should be in the set but these are amazing.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Crawling wasn't played and Papercut was in the encore but What I've Done was played earlier

Mark

Just wondering, are you getting these from someplace else?

Søuł

Just edited it with the right setlist. I got the right one from LPLive. I do the same setlist posts there :p

StaticOnTheWay

I wouldn't put them even close to amazing. Especially since it's the LIVING THINGS tour and they're only playing 4(if you count VICTIMIZED as a whole song) songs from the album? I don't really like that. There are at least 5 songs that I would not want to hear live that could easily be replaced by LT or ATS tracks...just my opinion. I don't understand why the band isn't playing more of the new album was my main point in that post.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Driving home from the show. It was fucking GREAT! Chester was really feeling it tonight and his singing and screams were perfect; he held many of them longer than he usually does. The rest of the band seemed really energetic as well and I don't think Joe missed any keys on Numb. And to everyone complaining about the setlist, you would've loved it if you were actually THERE. Better than last year's Detroit show imo (ps my phone died so I didn't get too many clips but I'll post what I have soon)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

The show tonight (or actually last night I guess) was amazing, and I agree with LP_Evan, it was better than the show last year.

Mark

I agree that it'd be nice to see a few more LT tracks mixed in. Would love to hear I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass, Skin To Bone, Roads Untraveled, or Powerless mixed in. I think the reason the middle three aren't being played is that Mike has major singing parts in those.

It's also difficult with the release of new material to find a good balance of the old favourites and new stuff. The more material is released, the more disproportionate the ratio of old:new songs becomes.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I wouldn't mind seeing Somewhere I Belong or Numb taken out but this is the best set I've seen them play (this was my 6th time seeing them)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'd only like Castle Of Glass and Powerless put into the setlist...

I see they're going for a high energy set but a couple of slower songs/ballads would be awesome. Or an acoustic performance of Castle Of Glass.

StaticOnTheWay

Is Mike really that bad live? Or what? What's the point of even releasing the songs if you can't play them live :huh: Cause COG, STB, and Roads are 3 of the better tracks on LT imo.