08.19.12 - Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Aug 19, 2012.

OverlordOfToast

OverlordOfToast Dark Lord of Food Products

Also, here is a picture during the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley:

IMG_1605.jpg

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

I got a ton of pictures of the show and a couple videos. I managed to grab every second of UIB/WFTE and all of Lies Greed Misery. They turned out to be pretty decent from what I can tell.

I'll probably be home by tomorrow evening to upload them.

OverlordOfToast

I'm uploading my video to YouTube right now, but its gonna take like 2 hours. We can still do that, right? Or does that violate some copyright infringement thing?
    Well, if it's still legal to do so, lol, I'll post the link once it's uploaded.

TattooedMommy

TattooedMommy Member

that was the absolute BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE! I caught an elbow for Chesters drumstick [but i caught it!] i got Mike Shinoda's guitar pic and one from Incubus...that being my first concert ever...it was life changing!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

They played 5 songs from the new album. Playing 42% of an album apparently means "they don't play the new songs."

44% if you count the portion of Until It Breaks that Mike does during Waiting For The End.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

SIN.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

They played 4 songs. BID, LITE, LGM, and Victimized. One song is hardly 2 mins and 2 of the other 3 have been played since the beginning of May. You are telling me THAT's how you promote a new album which consists of solid 11 songs? I'm all for playing songs from every album, but the priority should always be for the new album, at least for half a year.

Minus

5 songs. Tinfoil counts.

If not, then we could always point out that in promoting A Thousand Suns, LP only played an average of 5 new songs as well (if not counting Tinfoil this tour, we're not counting what most people call interludes this tour). When They Come For Me, Wretches and Kings/Blackout, Waiting For The End, Iridescent, and The Catalyst. Roughly the same amount of new content.

[​IMG]

OverlordOfToast

Technically, this isn't the Living Things tour. This is the Honda Civic Tour which they are sharing with Incubus.
    During the A Thousand Suns world tour they played a whole lot more of the album because it was the tour for that album.

Yeah, I wish they had played some more Living Things tracks, but I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't play more of those tracks on the next tour, whatever that may be.

Also realize that the band doesn't create songs that can be instantly turned into a stage playable version of that song. They have to sit down and plan out who plays which instrument and work out what parts are performed live and what are recorded parts (background choral vocals, strings, etc.). If you notice during concerts Brad, Chester, Mike, and Phoenix all switch between guitar, drums, keyboard, synth, and vocals. Planning out who plays what and when takes time. The band was only out of their European tour for 2 weeks before the Honda Civic Tour started, so I doubt they would have had enough time to transform that many songs into a concert ready performance.

I'm sure in time we will here more Living Things songs live.

Minus

You're either preaching to the choir or you quoted the wrong person.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Here are the videos I took. I may try to get some of the pictures, up too.

Waiting for the End / Until it Breaks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6iVNwGSrk

Lies Greed Misery
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vzgLMl_lA

When They Come For Me (Just the breakdown to the end on this one)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJ8waC6zpc

Honestly, that was a top-notch performance all around. I'm seriously glad that was my first Linkin Park concert experience. Even though I knew Faint was up after Tinfoil, I was seriously ready to hear Powerless... Haha. But they nailed it, regardless. I'm looking forward to the official bootleg on this one.

The artwork for the songs was incredible, too. I'd pay good money to get ahold of those. Victimized/QWERTY, especially. It fit the frantic tone of the song perfectly. I wish I'd recorded that one too, but I told myself I was going to keep recordings to a minimum and I was a little busy taking it all in.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    PLD

PLD New Member

Last night was bitter sweet for me. I got to see Mute Math & Incubus, 2 of my favorite bands & of course the reason I went, Linkin Park. Unfortunately, I had to leave right at the moment they did the Piano version of Leave Out All The Rest. My girlfriend's son got sick (We dropped him & his sister at my parents house so we could go to the concert). My mother is going through kemo for breast cancer & with him getting really sick, it doesn't help her with her immune system being sensitive to sickness. I won't lie, a part of me hated to walk away from the Verizon Theatre hearing them still playing. But when my parents were texting us of how sick he got, there wasn't a question in my mind to whether to stay or leave. I feel like he's my son. As much as I love Linkin Park, I knew I made the right decision. Does anyone know if LP will do the show downloads like they have done with previous tours? I would at least hope I can hear what I missed.

ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Wow what a show. Worth the trip from South Florida. Seen em about 10 times now and this was easily the best show.

OverlordOfToast

Whoops. Yeah, I think I saw the post you quoted and was going off of that. Lol.

Linkin Park has the "Official tour bootlegs" purchasable on their website, so once it is processed, you should be able to buy it. I was hoping they would give out codes to download it for free like they did at the A Thousands Sun tour concert at Phillips Arena.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    TattooedMommy

TattooedMommy Member

i loved every minute of the show. i didnt care what songs they played from what album or how many from the new one...THEY ALL ROCKED. as fans we shouldnt criticize how they do things or how many songs they play from what album. support your band! were lucky they're on tour and we get a chance to experience it! we cant expect them to do what everyone wants. no 2 people want the same and either way someones gonna be diappointed or pissed. let em do what they do, cuz they freakin rock out doing it!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You did exclude Burning in The Skies and The Messenger(which was played in quite a lot of shows). I'll be gone is a straight up rock track. In my Remains was also performed once. Maybe songs like Castle of Glass and Roads Untraveled need time. But those other 2 songs are possible future singles which can very easily be added to the set list as permanent tracks. I ain't saying they won't play the new songs in due time. I'm saying, what's the point in calling it "album promotion" when its done 6-8 months after the album release? Have you noticed how the album is already out of the top 20?

Yup, your reply was definitely for me :p I'm sure too that they will play most of the songs in due time. Songs like Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled and Skin to Bone will definitely take time to be played live. They can still make IMR permanent. They have played it once so far which is what I don't understand. I'll be Gone is also a track that has very few layers and can easily be translated to the stage.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Now that I've had a few days to recover... :lol:

I can't thank Linkin Park enough for such an amazing show. The crowd was insane and I could tell that LP was enjoying every minute of it.

This was my first show but it won't be my last! Thank you again Linkin Park, I enjoyed every minute! :awesome:

[​IMG]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

!!!:awesome: