Five Star General Infantry Controller JESEFF's Avatar

P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here [OCTOBER 23rd]

Just received an e-mail from Doomtree saying that P.O.S. is dropping a new album entitled We Don't Even Live Here, which is available for pre-order now on Fifth Element, which you can pre-order here.

Doomtree is proud to announce the fourth official studio album from P.O.S, titled We Don't Even Live Here. The album drops October 23rd, 2012 via Rhymesayers Entertainment and is available now for pre-order from Fifth Element Online.

Known for welding hip-hop with guitar squalls and screamed vocals, on WDELH P.O.S. steps away from his noisy past in favor of futuristic beats fit for a Berlin nightclub. Though his hip-hop foundation is firm on tracks like the fiery “Fuck Your Stuff” and the funky “Wanted/Wasted,” the album brings banging new sounds from dance-oriented collaborators like German DJs Boyz Noise & Housemeister, Gayngs’ Ryan Olson, and Innerpartysystem’s Patric Russel.

Also along for the ride are Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon (who lends his shapeshifting vocals to the heartfelt bear-hug of an anthem “Where We Land”) and P.O.S.’ most-trusted Doomtree co-conspirators Lazerbeak, Cecil Otter, Mike Mictlan, and Sims. Bringing it all into focus is all-star producer and mix engineer Andrew Dawson (P.O.S.’s former high school classmate), who has worked on platinum releases from the likes of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and Fun. (no kings)

You can get your first taste of the record by heading over to Pitchfork to check out a live video version of "Bumper".

Each We Don't Even Live Here CD and Vinyl pre-order from Fifth Element is autographed by P.O.S and will include an exclusive sticker, full color CrimethInc. poster as well as an instant digital download of album track "Bumper" and a special live version of "Bumper" not available anywhere else!

If that's not enough, you can beef up your P.O.S pre-order by adding an exclusive P.O.S shirt or the original physical CrimethInc. book Work to your CD and Vinyl order! A deluxe pre-order option that includes the CD or Vinyl with the shirt and book is also available.
    Is anyone else excited for this news? Post your thoughts below.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as Zombie Jeff

Social Assassin Agent Sideburns's Avatar
    This might be the first POS album that will listen to properly. Rhymesayers got it locked!
    "When’s the last chicken you heard about come home from work
    and beat the shit out of his hen, huh?
    Doesn’t happen, ’cause chickens are decent people.”

Formerly known as Agent O

I thought this was a P.O.D type-o.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know
    In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours
    And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that Lord of Castamere
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear

Love POS. Brother Ali is dropping a new album too I heard.

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by mastae View Post
    Love POS. Brother Ali is dropping a new album too I heard.

Can't wait
    Eh, I've been trying to get into Brother Ali, but he hasn't really released anything recent that has gotten me excited for Mourning In America.

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Ooh, Patrick Nissley
    Last edited by minuteforce; 08-16-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Eh, I've been trying to get into Brother Ali, but he hasn't really released anything recent that has gotten me excited for Mourning In America.
    I haven't checked out any of the new stuff, but I really love his "Us" album a lot.

\

I'm about two days late with this. But the beat sounds so fucking incredible.

Fuck Your Stuff

P.O.S is posting videos describing the different tracks on the album. Since the first two songs were already released, I'll just post the latest description, which is for How We Land, featuring Justin Vernon from Bon Iver.

Really have not liked anything Rhymesayers have put out in the last few years, but Fuck Your Stuff sounds soooo good. P.O.S. is a good rapper but picks too many corny beats and seems really dramatic about nothing important most of the time, glad he's doing some stuff that's intent is to be straight up sick now instead.

I've personally enjoyed the last two albums that he's put out, but never really cared for Ipecac Neat, but that's just me.

Here is him describing Wanted/Wasted, which features Astronautalis. I always enjoy both of them working together, and hopefully The Four Fists will be released soon.

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    A track that Patrick Nissley produced has been put up:

Quote Originally Posted by minuteforce View Post
    A track that Patrick Nissley produced has been put up:

That sounds pretty neat.

For those that pre-ordered, Get Down is now available for download through the link they emailed you. It is so fucking dope. It features Mike Mictlan, who is part of the same Doomtree collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    That sounds pretty neat.

For those that pre-ordered, Get Down is now available for download through the link they emailed you. It is so fucking dope. It features Mike Mictlan, who is part of the same Doomtree collective.
    Well, if you guys want to listen to the entire album, including Get Down, the entire album is available to stream on the Minnesota Public Radio's website here.

Also, here is the latest video, describing Lock-picks, Knives, Bricks, and Bats.

Listening now, sounds p sweet. Up to track four, enjoying the production so far.

Yeah, I got the album early in the mail when I got home from work yesterday, and I really have to say I like it quite a bit.

Thread Information