08.12.12 - Uncasville, CT

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 12, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Following a strong performance to kick off the 2012 Honda Civic Tour in Bristow, Virginia, Linkin Park is getting ready for the second show of the Honda Civic Tour tonight in Uncasville, Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena. Many fans might recall that the band was forced to cancel a show that was supposed to be played in Uncasville on February 11th, 2011 due to an illness suffered by Chester. Regardless, the band has still played several shows in the state of Connecticut over the years with several stops in Hartford, CT.

Bristow saw the band play a varied setlist that didn't come as much of a surprise for the fans who saw the rehearsal setlist from August 10th. The setlist followed the same structure with a few variations here and there.

It begins with a brand new string intro that leads into With You. The highlight of the set is arguably the brand new VICTIMIZED, Qwerty mashup that comes early into the set to really get the crowd going. Lying From You & Papercut immediately follow and were also shortened versions like the two prior songs, making all four tracks lead into one another for a huge mashup. Other notable inclusions are When They Come For Me which makes a return after being absent from the International Summer Tour. IN MY REMAINS and LOST IN THE ECHO also made their official tour debut, bringing the total LIVING THINGS song count to 4, with BURN IT DOWN closing out the list.

Bleed It Out with the Beastie Boys Sabotage bridge closes for the encore, with One Step Closer ending the show. It's worth noting that Crawling was absent from the set tonight, which isn't the first time it has been left out of a live set in recent touring cycles.

What are your thoughts on the first set of the Honda Civic Tour? Do you think Linkin Park will change the set for this show? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums! Alternatively you can contact us by tweeting us @LPAssociation, we'd love to see your images, setlist updates and live tweets!

Geki

Geki >.

I'll be there, front row.

saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

I heard it was the Games of Thrones intro. Not sure if that's true tho.

LP72290

LP72290 Active Member

Cant Wait! I will be there on the floor! Closet to the stage as possible!!! anyone know how long mutemath setlist was? ive never heard of the band XD

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Do you think I'll make it to front row with my LPU pass?

IllogicalSystem

IllogicalSystem Electronic

They'll be playing for 45 minutes. But it's a shame you haven't heard of them. They're pretty alright. Had their first album for a few years now and it's pretty good!

Anyway, can't wait to see you guys tonight. I'll also be up front but I wanna at least try to get my parents as far up as possible too!

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

IllogicalSystem, what time do you think I should get there? (I have an LPU pass)

IllogicalSystem

With a pass? I'd say the earlier the better. The doors open up at 6:30pm.

mcart91

mcart91 Member

I'll be there! Are you sure doors are 6:30? I couldn't find that info anywhere

IllogicalSystem

I got the e-mail from work the other day. They said doors open at 6:30. Mutemath will play for 45 minutes and then a half-hour changeover and then LP for about an hour and a half.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Thinking we will see a different show tonight. Mom and bro are going to this one tonight and I am going to Cincinnati with the fiancee' August 22nd so I'm hoping it's a slightly different experience for both parties. I think they will do a different show each night following some kind of Set A, Set B, Set C scheme they did for their 2008(?) tour I believe it was?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

you guys only get MuteMath and Linkin Park? are there any chances of a surprise co-headliner or that's it?

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

WHERE ARE THE BOOTLEG VIDEOS!? :cocainefan:

Wow that sounds awesome. Unusual for someone like LP to do that. I remember when Cohend & Cambria used music from "Inception" for their opener.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Can't wait to see what today's set is!

Crap, was looking forward to a new set :p
    Its a great set anyway. At least we get Crawling tonight.

Setlist:
    1. With You (w/ Game of Thrones Intro)
    2. Faint
    3. Given Up
    4. Victimized/QWERTY/Lying From You/Papercut (Mashup; No Second Verse or Chorus for LFY and Papercut)
    5. Somewhere I Belong
    6. New Divide
    7. In My Remains
    8. Empty Spaces
    9. When They Come For Me
    10. Waiting for the End
    11. Breaking the Habit
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent
    13. The Catalyst
    14. Burn It Down
    15. In The End
    16. Numb (Outro w/ Numb/Encore Lyrics Tease)
    17. Bleed It Out (w/ Sabotage)
      --------------------------ENCORE BREAK--------------------------
    18. Lost In The Echo (Ext. Intro)
    19. What I've Done
    20. One Step Closer

If they happen to play a different set, I'll update it. Song rotation tonight?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Last night when I saw Coldplay they played 10 songs from the album they were promoting. Last year when I saw the Foo Fighters they played 8 songs from the album they were promoting. What is it with Linkin Park and their reluctance to play more music from the album that they're trying to promote? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's probably part of the reason why the every day person still doesn't know that A Thousand Suns came out and probably won't know that LIVING THINGS came out.

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Hmmm maybe LP know's that the new stuff doesnt have that much energy like their older stuff, i'm not saying that LT doesnt have energy because it does
    but it doesnt have that powerful energy that HT had, ATS lacked energy actually it had no energy there's not 1 song on that album where u can jump up and down
    or head bang too and just go crazy too.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

If Coldplay can give a song like Fix You, Clocks, and Yellow energy, then any song can be energetic. All it takes is for the band to present it with energy themselves. Not only that, the band also did disclaim that every song on LIVING THINGS was "designed" to be energetic. How much more energetic can it get?

Jacob Marriott

Jacob Marriott New Member

Until it breaks intro heading into wfte......mike did his second verse

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Best night of my life.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't even bother. It's LPHybrid Soldier. He's never gonna be satisfied until the band decides to play MeteJoera in full.