Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. #1
    I'm tried Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    18,078

    08.12.12 - Uncasville, CT

    Following a strong performance to kick off the 2012 Honda Civic Tour in Bristow, Virginia, Linkin Park is getting ready for the second show of the Honda Civic Tour tonight in Uncasville, Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena. Many fans might recall that the band was forced to cancel a show that was supposed to be played in Uncasville on February 11th, 2011 due to an illness suffered by Chester. Regardless, the band has still played several shows in the state of Connecticut over the years with several stops in Hartford, CT.

    Bristow saw the band play a varied setlist that didn't come as much of a surprise for the fans who saw the rehearsal setlist from August 10th. The setlist followed the same structure with a few variations here and there.

    It begins with a brand new string intro that leads into With You. The highlight of the set is arguably the brand new VICTIMIZED, Qwerty mashup that comes early into the set to really get the crowd going. Lying From You & Papercut immediately follow and were also shortened versions like the two prior songs, making all four tracks lead into one another for a huge mashup. Other notable inclusions are When They Come For Me which makes a return after being absent from the International Summer Tour. IN MY REMAINS and LOST IN THE ECHO also made their official tour debut, bringing the total LIVING THINGS song count to 4, with BURN IT DOWN closing out the list.

    Bleed It Out with the Beastie Boys Sabotage bridge closes for the encore, with One Step Closer ending the show. It's worth noting that Crawling was absent from the set tonight, which isn't the first time it has been left out of a live set in recent touring cycles.

    What are your thoughts on the first set of the Honda Civic Tour? Do you think Linkin Park will change the set for this show? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums! Alternatively you can contact us by tweeting us @LPAssociation, we'd love to see your images, setlist updates and live tweets!

  2. #2
    >.<
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,408
    I'll be there, front row.

  3. #3
    I heard it was the Games of Thrones intro. Not sure if that's true tho.

  4. #4
    What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Cant Wait! I will be there on the floor! Closet to the stage as possible!!! anyone know how long mutemath setlist was? ive never heard of the band XD

  5. #5
    Ntr/Mssion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki View Post
    I'll be there, front row.
    Do you think I'll make it to front row with my LPU pass?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LP72290 View Post
    Cant Wait! I will be there on the floor! Closet to the stage as possible!!! anyone know how long mutemath setlist was? ive never heard of the band XD
    They'll be playing for 45 minutes. But it's a shame you haven't heard of them. They're pretty alright. Had their first album for a few years now and it's pretty good!

    Anyway, can't wait to see you guys tonight. I'll also be up front but I wanna at least try to get my parents as far up as possible too!

  7. #7
    Ntr/Mssion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    141
    IllogicalSystem, what time do you think I should get there? (I have an LPU pass)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmid24 View Post
    IllogicalSystem, what time do you think I should get there? (I have an LPU pass)
    With a pass? I'd say the earlier the better. The doors open up at 6:30pm.

  9. #9
    I'll be there! Are you sure doors are 6:30? I couldn't find that info anywhere

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mcart91 View Post
    I'll be there! Are you sure doors are 6:30? I couldn't find that info anywhere
    I got the e-mail from work the other day. They said doors open at 6:30. Mutemath will play for 45 minutes and then a half-hour changeover and then LP for about an hour and a half.

  11. #11
    Ambient 2xPutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wapakoneta, OH
    Posts
    1,495
    Thinking we will see a different show tonight. Mom and bro are going to this one tonight and I am going to Cincinnati with the fiancee' August 22nd so I'm hoping it's a slightly different experience for both parties. I think they will do a different show each night following some kind of Set A, Set B, Set C scheme they did for their 2008(?) tour I believe it was?

  12. #12
    Ambient 2xPutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wapakoneta, OH
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by IllogicalSystem View Post
    They'll be playing for 45 minutes. But it's a shame you haven't heard of them. They're pretty alright. Had their first album for a few years now and it's pretty good!

    Anyway, can't wait to see you guys tonight. I'll also be up front but I wanna at least try to get my parents as far up as possible too!
    you guys only get MuteMath and Linkin Park? are there any chances of a surprise co-headliner or that's it?

  13. #13
    This goes out to everybody still hatin' Bennington_Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Upminster, Havering, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The highlight of the set is arguably the brand new VICTIMIZED, Qwerty mashup that comes early into the set to really get the crowd going. Lying From You & Papercut immediately follow and were also shortened versions like the two prior songs, making all four tracks lead into one another for a huge mashup.
    WHERE ARE THE BOOTLEG VIDEOS!?

    Quote Originally Posted by saad94 View Post
    I heard it was the Games of Thrones intro. Not sure if that's true tho.

    Wow that sounds awesome. Unusual for someone like LP to do that. I remember when Cohend & Cambria used music from "Inception" for their opener.





    Formerly known as 1996_LP

  14. #14
    ┌П┐・ิω・ิ)っ▄︻┻┳═一 Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    303
    Can't wait to see what today's set is!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Terrell
    Updates: 8:45 LP set time. Also I believe same setlist tonight as last night. New set in Mansfield.
    Crap, was looking forward to a new set
    Its a great set anyway. At least we get Crawling tonight.

    Setlist:
    1. With You (w/ Game of Thrones Intro)
    2. Faint
    3. Given Up
    4. Victimized/QWERTY/Lying From You/Papercut (Mashup; No Second Verse or Chorus for LFY and Papercut)
    5. Somewhere I Belong
    6. New Divide
    7. In My Remains
    8. Empty Spaces
    9. When They Come For Me
    10. Waiting for the End
    11. Breaking the Habit
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent
    13. The Catalyst
    14. Burn It Down
    15. In The End
    16. Numb (Outro w/ Numb/Encore Lyrics Tease)
    17. Bleed It Out (w/ Sabotage)
      --------------------------ENCORE BREAK--------------------------
    18. Lost In The Echo (Ext. Intro)
    19. What I've Done
    20. One Step Closer


    If they happen to play a different set, I'll update it. Song rotation tonight?
    Last edited by Soul; 08-13-2012 at 02:25 AM.

  15. #15
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,353
    Last night when I saw Coldplay they played 10 songs from the album they were promoting. Last year when I saw the Foo Fighters they played 8 songs from the album they were promoting. What is it with Linkin Park and their reluctance to play more music from the album that they're trying to promote? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's probably part of the reason why the every day person still doesn't know that A Thousand Suns came out and probably won't know that LIVING THINGS came out.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Last night when I saw Coldplay they played 10 songs from the album they were promoting. Last year when I saw the Foo Fighters they played 8 songs from the album they were promoting. What is it with Linkin Park and their reluctance to play more music from the album that they're trying to promote? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's probably part of the reason why the every day person still doesn't know that A Thousand Suns came out and probably won't know that LIVING THINGS came out.
    Hmmm maybe LP know's that the new stuff doesnt have that much energy like their older stuff, i'm not saying that LT doesnt have energy because it does
    but it doesnt have that powerful energy that HT had, ATS lacked energy actually it had no energy there's not 1 song on that album where u can jump up and down
    or head bang too and just go crazy too.

  17. #17
    WARRIOR PRINCESS Zane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by LPHybrid Soldier View Post
    Hmmm maybe LP know's that the new stuff doesnt have that much energy like their older stuff, i'm not saying that LT doesnt have energy because it does
    but it doesnt have that powerful energy that HT had, ATS lacked energy actually it had no energy there's not 1 song on that album where u can jump up and down
    or head bang too and just go crazy too.
    If Coldplay can give a song like Fix You, Clocks, and Yellow energy, then any song can be energetic. All it takes is for the band to present it with energy themselves. Not only that, the band also did disclaim that every song on LIVING THINGS was "designed" to be energetic. How much more energetic can it get?

  18. #18
    Opening
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2
    Until it breaks intro heading into wfte......mike did his second verse

  19. #19
    Ntr/Mssion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    141
    Best night of my life.

  20. #20
    . Coldplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    17,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    If Coldplay can give a song like Fix You, Clocks, and Yellow energy, then any song can be energetic. All it takes is for the band to present it with energy themselves. Not only that, the band also did disclaim that every song on LIVING THINGS was "designed" to be energetic. How much more energetic can it get?
    Don't even bother. It's LPHybrid Soldier. He's never gonna be satisfied until the band decides to play MeteJoera in full.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •