Today, Linkin Park's production manager, Jim Digby, stopped by the LPU chat to answer questions and talk about the Honda Civic Tour which is right around the corner. View a recap of the chat below:
- Jim opens the chat with Adam of LPU.
- A normal day starts about 7am where they proceed to build the show.
- He is the production manager and takes care of everything that is required in building the show. Mainly the equipment for the show and stage.
- Missy is the mystery hard-hat owner.
- Linkin Park will tour Russia next year.
- The show is brand new, will look great and sound great.
- The ominous Pooch makes an appearance in awesome fashion.
- It's usually a 20 hour work day with only a couple hours sleep.
- New stage that is going to be amazing and the band will see it for the first time tonight.
- He is from Pennsylvania.
- Not sharing details on the setlist as it should be a surprise.
- The new set has been built with the fans in mind. It also has a few surprises for fans that Linkin Park haven't utilized on tour before.
- The set will contain video.
- Megumi makes an appearance.
- Lonnie makes an appearance.
- He thinks LIVING THINGS is LP's best work. His favourite track is CASTLE OF GLASS.
- They like to make up funny lyrics to Linkin Park songs.
- Chef Grey brings in amazing salad. Beets, goat cheese, candied walnuts... yeah. Megumi gets kewpie mayonnaise.
- He's worked for Linkin Park for 11 years.
- He likes bacon only if it's crispy. Jim doesn't like sushi bacon.
- Tour compromises of 5 buses and 12 tractor trailers.
- More European Tour info may be coming in the next couple months. They don't know anything for certain yet.
- Apparently a new LPTV is coming today.
- Pyro for the tour is a surprise and he won't confirm if they have it or not.
- Bill Boyd makes an appearance. He is the band's creative director and works with Joe Hahn to create all the visuals and content we see.
- He shows off the new tour laminate for the Honda Civic Tour.
- The band rehearses tonight as we know, with a select LPU audience.
It was a good chat to get a perspective on the tour from the Production side. He also confirmed a new LPTV should be arriving today, so keep your eyes out for that.
Source: Linkin Park Underground