Which Album Would You Like to See Remixed?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Aug 10, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[video=youtube;S8HI31HN4LE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8HI31HN4LE[/video]

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Ew dubstep. Dear god no.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I like what you said. I vote for MTM as well

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

If we are going to get a LT remix album, they should make a proper one. None of that LT: REMIXED subscription bullshit that is turning out to be a joke.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

Meteora. Meteorah. Meteorahhhh. Yeah.i want a 2nd reanimation but with meteora this time. AND FUCK NO TO DUBSTEP.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Well i'd actually like to see LIVING THINGS getting remixed, not BURN IT DOWN. It would be nice if we got what we pre-ordered for.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Why not all?

I'd like to see a mix of MTM up to the present day LT get remixed. In fact, there was a thread about a "Reanimation 2" where I thought up a tracklist for what I'd like to see. I'll post it here.

2EANIMATION
    The 2 obviously stylized as an R​

1. re:QUIEM (feat. Saul Williams, additional production by M. Shinoda)
    Lengthened into a full track, more or less. Give it a more hip-hop beat, somewhat trip-hop-ish. Before the typical femvox intro, Saul comes in with a verse. The femvox become a chorus. Intensifies with a bit more bass drum and some strings over Saul's second verse, with glitched guitars during the final chorus. Scratching outro.
    2. nPI=CeS (prod. by Excision)
    Light synth intro with a slight variance in the melody line of the original intro. A simple kick snare beat (kick kick-kick snare variation where appropriate) over a double verse - both verses of the original minus the pre-chorus (There's truth in your lies, et cetera). After the double verse, the pre-chorus hits (two times, like after the first verse) with no drums. The "take" of the pre-chorus repeats with some effects on it and a kick drum, slowly speeding up into a Chester scream panning across the left and right speaker, followed by a BASS DROP (it's Excision, what would you expect). Use your imagination here. Goes back into the previous mood with the actual chorus, drums dropping out on the "don't lie". Resume dubstep.
    3. _____ (additional production by Czeslaw "NoBraiN" Sakowski)
    An extended cut of Empty Spaces with added instrumentation and programming from Joe Hahn and NoBraiN.
    4. ://wt.cfm (feat. Street Drum Corps)
    WTCFM with sicker drums and a more prevalent guitar part during the verses and chorus. In case you forgot, SDC was the group that played guest drums in many songs during PR of the MTM cycle.
    5. roads:UNTRAVELED (Portishead remix)
    Slow down that shit a bit, get all chill and electronic in this motherfucker, trip-hop the fuck up and add some Beth Gibbons harmonies in the fray.
    6. L.0-ATR (feat. Lights)
    A slightly electronic but stripped version of the song. I'm thinking some soft synth pads, acoustic guitar, piano, strings, et cetera. New verses here, with harmonies from Lights and her vocals taking main stage for the first pre-chorus, second verse, and probably the bridge. Also, Lights singing that last vocal at the end of the original.
    7. IN(between) (featuring The Civil Wars)
    An acoustic version of the song with guitar, piano, cello, and cajon. 4-person harmonies, anyone?
    8. ___JDM
    A Mike Shinoda, Joe Hahn, Rob Bourdon jam session to this song.
    9. TH=mssngr (feat. Slash)
    Full band accompaniment, Slash guitar solo.
    10. eNeMieS (feat. Zach de la Rocha)
    Zach and Mike trading verses over the instrumental for No More Sorrow (NMS, eNeMieS, get it?).
    11. I=GONE (feat. Lupe Fiasco, Dumbfoundead, additional production by M. Shinoda)
    A hip-hop version of I'll Be Gone. Dumbfoundead takes the first verse, Mike second The chorus consists of a rapped line followed by "I'll be gone, I'll be gooone" from the original. The bridge is the original bridge vocals. That transitions into Lupe's verse, which transitions into the original chorus.
    12. .grecian
    A full studio version of this. A man can dream, can't he?
    13. CSTL[glass] (feat. Miri-Ben-Ari, Sean Mackin)
    Get the folk out! And what else could a deconstructed acoustic version of COG need any more than some hardcore dueling fiddles? Well, violins, but you know.
    14. BEGUN (feat. The Roots)
    A full band version of this track with The Roots providing instrumentation. Black Thought with a guest verse. And yes, this idea came directly from the video of Mike warming up with The Roots.
    15. robot.boy (feat. Fort Minor)
    Just imagined sampled loops of Robot Boy with a hip-hop beat. The verses done by Ryu, Tak, and Mike with the choruses being one line of the original (You say you're not going to fight 'cause no one will fight for you) with a rapped line before the next line of the original.
    16. the.hard.way
    LP-ified.
    17. ||CATALYST (feat. & prod. by Rob Swire of Knife Party)
    Electronic rock dubstep sex! Also, vocals from Rob Swire (first "verses" as it were, with modified lyrics).
    18. rolling.ITD (Adele Cover)
    A studio version of their Rolling In The Deep cover.
    19. TNFL (prod. by edIT of The Glitch Mob)
    GLITCH! I was specifically thinking of shit like this track by edIT.
    20. pwrlss (feat. Kronos Quartet, prod. by Trent Reznor)
    What else but one of the most well-known string quartets in the world and the creator of Nine Inch Nails is needed to make a song more powerfully depressing?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

^Very professional.

But no to rap Robot Boy.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If you don't like it, come up with your own.