LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2012: WINNERS LIST

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 5, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Our apologies for the extreme delay in announcing a winner this month. With the LPA staff preparing for the upcoming summit, we've been very busy and unable to post the winners until now. Since you've all been waiting for a while, below is the list of winners (with a tie for winner, an MMU first!):

WINNER (TIE): Brett (Auvryneld Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

A frenetic, fast paced and professional sounding remix, Brett's dark electro reinterpretation of BURN IT DOWN hits you hard from the beginning and doesn't let up over the duration of the song's 7:06 runtime. This was a standout track from the beginning, and was at the top of many staff member's favorites for this month. Excellent work Brett!

WINNER (TIE): DaveCNewton (Rock Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

One comment a lot of fans have about BURN IT DOWN is that they wished the guitars had a more prominent role in the song, as heard in live performances. DaveCNewton answered these fans' prayers by putting a very interesting hard rock twist on this remix. Dave wrote an original guitar part especially for the song, so kudos to him for his talent and creativity!

We would also like to commend Puresque, Hybrid, Synx, m_macdonald and zwieR.Z for their entries in this month's contest. Here are your runners-up:

RUNNER UP: Puresque/Hybrid (Burned Pure Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

RUNNER UP: Synx (Synx RMX)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

RUNNER UP: m_macdonald (Lost: Rock Mix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

RUNNER UP: zwieR.Z (This Is So Not What You Think It Is Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
    ------

With 29 very creative entries, we were forced to pick a tie for winner for the first time in MMU history. Our members continue to impress us with their incredible level of talent, and we look forward to seeing how things go for August's LOST IN THE ECHO theme! Keep up the great work LP fans!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Many congratulations to Brett and DaveCNewton for incredible winning entries, and likewise well done to the runners up.

Many thanks LPA for including my interpretation in the Runners Up, really glad you enjoyed it!

Have to say, the chorus of DaveCNewton's entry is killer. Love the massive, guitary, epic vibe. Nice job ladies and gents.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

One thing I really loved was Dave's new harmonies he did for Chester in the chorus. Not everyone can hear it, but the high pitched backing vocals really make the chorus feel fuller.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

DaveCNewton, amazing job! :awesome:

Consider that this is coming from me, who is generally not a big fan of remixes.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Congrats everyone! It was a great month, full of great remixes.

Congrats to the winners and runner-ups, to all of you: a job well done!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm thankful for being a runner up. That means a lot! Thank you. Congrats to all of the winners and everyone who entered. No disrespect to anyone, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see my favorite remix made it on the "winner's page." m_macdonald, I need child support, homie, because your remix impregnated my brain.

DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

I've been waiting for someone to mention this :p, I normally do pitch shifting within a few tones of the original note, with this I shifted the whole vocal line up an octave then moved the individual notes to 3rd and 5th intervals, It sounded very cool afterwards so decided to keep it, almost as if a female voice is harmonizing in the background!

Thank you for all for your comments, Congrats to everyone and i hope to see just as many competitors in this months competition!

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

I agree on that m_macdonalds is the most impressing one. not trying to degrade any of the other ones, because all of them are good or they wouldn't be ranked. however, i really love the one by m_macdonald, partly almost sounds like it could be Dead by Sunrise. I LOVE the part from 2:24 on. Amazing.

That being said - thank you for making Hybrid and me a runner up. Means a lot.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners and other runners up, it was a great month! Thanks for including my remix in the list! If you could also correct my nickname in the first post that would be great ;p

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I thought your fake-out was brilliant, by the way. :lol:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep, this!

The chorus feels much bigger with those harmonies, well done :) Congrats to everyone else too, there wasn't a single bad remix

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Congratulations to the respective winners. Some great remixes there.

Yay for no John Reaper.

m_macdonald

Damn... yeh, I was just listening on my laptop earlier, just listened on headphones now. That harmony is sweet! I love when people add harmonies, this just makes the chorus even cooler now. An awesome job. Much respect to Dave!

Haha, Hybrid, thanks man, glad I've had such a penetrating effect on ya :p Thank you Puresque and Hybrid for your kind words, means a lot. You did incredible job with your interpretation, beautiful vocals from you both. It's about a million miles from what I would have thought to do, and I love that. If future contest genres allow, it would be great to hear more of this tender acoustic awesomeness.

Synx

Synx Member

Thank You guys for making me a runner up :) Appreciate it. Congrats to the winners and the other runner ups, really loved the mixes.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

zwieR.Z has the cleanest mixes ever. Every one of his songs is sick.

mcart91

mcart91 Member

awesome! i like that the two winners are so different, yet both soooo good.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

m_macdonald and zwieR.Z should have tied for first.

Brett

Brett Zip zop zoobity bop

Well that certainly was unexpected. Cheers guys. =] Everyone did awesome this month.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Thank you guys!

m_macdonald

Thanks, really appreciate that! I think the two winners were worthy winners though, I think they're great. Dave's rock chorus is dope.

zwieR.Z was killer - I think we've come to expect that from him (I have two of his Linkin Park remix albums - 'Revolution Of Values' and 'A Different Perspective' - they're awesome)