Fort Minor - Where'd You Go (Owl City / Adam Young Remix)

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 31, 2012.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

bbq burgers and ribs. That part always gets to me XD.

Not a bad remix. I like it!

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I was a little put off by the disclaimer as well. Not because he was sounding pretentious, but because he had to ruin a beautiful song for some people who don't know Fort Minor by saying "Oh yeah there's cursing!"

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I despise profanity, even though I find myself saying it sometimes. And I feel cursing is an inane way of speaking to people in general. And by the way, I'd rather listen to Owl City than listen to nu metal.

Geki

Geki >.

I swear like a sailor, all the time. Like almost everything I say includes swearing in some way. I hate pretentious assholes like Adam Young, that comment certainly made him look like one. Anyways, I'll get back on topic, because that's not what this thread is about. I think all of the other 3 remixes of Where'd You Go are actually better than this one by a long shot.

Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Really nice!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:ditto:

I think Hybrid is actually overracting. I disagree with everything he says and He is being judge-mental on Adam in a wrong way.

I still like Hybrid as a user.

Also, Adam Young is a Christian. It makes some what of sense that he wouldn't condone cursing in his music.

and aslo @Geki, he is not coming across as Douchey, you guys are just overreacting.

How did it make him look like one? He said nothing wrong. He was just saying something. Nothing wrong with what it said and I don't get why it's pissing you guys off so much.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Bliss, my point here is that if it is clearly a remix of a song by a group that you've had no ties to in the past, you obviously are not going to have any influence with how the lyrics were written. He should have done some research if he has such a problem with naughty words and used the neutered version of the song that was used for airplay. Since he chose to use the version with such naughty language, he could have just said something like "Hey guys, here's my remix of Fort Minor's song "Where'd You Go." The song has a great message behind it, but, just be advised that there is a parental advisory on it." That would have been sufficient enough as a warning to people about to listen to the song who may have never heard of it before.

I don't feel like I'm over reacting here. I just hate how this guy got on saying what he did about how he wasn't involved in the lyric writing process and that the words are not in his beliefs but he chose to do the remix anyways. If, lets say, Eminem does a remix of a song, just for example, should he write a paragraph explaining to his audience that he remixed a song with no swearing in it and how it's against his moral fiber to write songs like that and for his fan base to not think any less of him for doing so? I don't think so.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The remix features the original vocals of Mike Shinoda, Holly Brook and Jonah Matranga.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

That's the nice way of saying it.

For me, his little disclaimer about profanity in "Where'd You Go" makes him sound like a little bitch.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It';s just what He believes. Is that a problem? Maybe some people who listen to his music don't listen to music with cuss words in that. He could be warning them as well. What I feel you guys are doing are being judgemental on him, and judgemental people are not fun. I do not see in any way shape or form how it makes him seem like a dick

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

But Adam himself is judgmental so him being judgmental makes people make judgments about his judgment

He considers the language "crude" and gives a disclaimer that he was not involved in the writing.

but iono why his opinion matters though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If you are a fan of his music and you follow him online, shouldn't you already know his stance on profanity?

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

DJ Cheapshot's remix was wayy better. This was so so..

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm pretty much with Geki on this. I swear like a god damn sailor and he's basically demeaning me. So fuck him.