Deleting LP

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jul 26, 2012.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

No, its my favourite album xD

Volt-Age

Volt-Age Member

:dafuq:

I deleted Tinfoil from my phone days ago 'cause I realized it sounded crappy as a ringtone, can I make a thread about that? No?

jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

I don't really see LP's music being fairly basic compared to that of other artists as a bad thing, or a reason to stop listening to it. LP are my favourite band, but I can admit there are plenty of artists in my library that surpass them in terms musical ability or complexion. I do feel like Living Things was a step back compared to ATS, but I still enjoy listening to it, and all of LP's music still has a place on my iPod.

There's nothing more refreshing than sticking a playlist on shuffle and getting a mix of dubstep, nu-metal, rap, pop, rock, country, hip-hop, heavy-metal... I laugh and take the piss out of manufactured pop like Rihanna or Katy Perry, but there's still times when I fancy rocking out to California Gurls, so it's all still thrown in there for good measure, haha :)

Schmo

Schmo Active Member

I feel the exact same way as you.
    Linkin Park was the first band I ever got into. Without them I would most likely be listening to something like Lil Wayne, or Drake, or something like that. They really made me appreciate music.
    ATS was such a great album, especially. Both it and the album Demon Days by Gorillaz, were huge stepping stones in my music listening experience.
    However, with LT, I feel as if Linkin Park has gone in the completely wrong direction. There were a few good songs such as Castle of Glass and Until It Breaks, but really, it was such a bland album. It has really made me realize how cheap/shallow some of their material really is, and it makes me sad. I feel like I'm drifting away from the band, and I really don't want to. Aside from A Thousand Suns, none of their material, new or old, sounds good to me. I really don't know how to feel about this.
    Wow, that was quite the sob story, haha. :D

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, there were at least 6 guys in the world that liked that style when they were in their 20s. Those were the 6 guys from that band, you know, Linkin Park. They liked it when they were 20, simply because they made it when they were 20.

To all the people who can only enjoy complex music and can't stand fun and simple music, who can't enjoy "teenagers" music because now they're adults and mature, I'm just gonna say....Why so serious?

Yes, there are way more talented bands than LP out there. I like a lot of music that I consider as more deep than LP music. But that doesn't hold me from enjoying Meteora, Disturbed, and Limp Bizkit. Especially when I want to get pumped. You know, music is a little bit like food. If I want to discover new tastefull savors, I'm gonna eat in a big restaurant. If I want just some simple tasty meat, I'm gonna eat a pizza. If I want to discover new cool sounds or if I want a musical journey, I can listen to Massive Attack. If I want to jam to some rock music, I can listen to Hybrid Theory.

Saying "I can't understand how you can still enjoy this music when you're 20/30 years old" is like saying "I can't understand how you can still like pizza at this age. There are way more complicated food out there, with much more savors!". Ok, stupid comparaison, but I hope you get the idea. I'm 21 btw.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012