Lesbian woman attacked, bound by zip ties, has "dyke" carved into her chest.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Brandon, Jul 24, 2012.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

There are many stupid people. And some are just sick.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Because that's the entire scope of what police officers do. :facepalm:

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

What in the....

So if I am 45 and accused of raping say... a 19 year old girl, and the whole country skewers me.... THEN it comes out that she made it up the cops shouldn't go after her???? Eff that logic.

Lying to the cops is wrong. Lying to the cops about something that could put someone ELSE in jail or ruin someone ELSE'S life is double wrong. So hell yeah this should go on her record and then they should get her help if needed.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Only about 90% of their scope.

Mark

That's bullshit, but I'll entertain the notion. So what about that 10% of their scope that could be spent finding actual violent criminals instead of chasing down leads from false reports? Surely you believe their time is better spent doing the former than the latter.

Seems like you just wanted to take another pot-shot at The Man.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Sorry, I didn't realize that someone flying through a neighborhood street, where people walk their dogs and kids play, at 70 MPH, was not a real crime capable of resulting in any injury or death. My bad :rolleyes:

travz21

It's maybe a little exaggerated. 60% of all prison inmates are nonviolent offenders. 25% are nonviolent drug offenders. And there are ~35 million speeding tickets issued each year. The majority of time isn't spent keeping society safe from criminals. It's spent trying to be like Minority Report and prevent any crimes from happening. That's never going to be possible. Their job is to catch criminals, not prevent them. But yes, their time would be better spent if they were looking for violent criminals rather than messing around with false reports.

Prison Math

Mark

Care to address this part?

So what about that 10% of their scope that could be spent finding actual violent criminals instead of chasing down leads from false reports? Surely you believe their time is better spent doing the former than the latter.

What you're talking about has little-to-no relevance to this topic. We're talking about how a false report can take police away from doing real work, which includes hunting down violent offenders. To which you basically inferred "Well the police don't do shit anyways hur-hur"

travz21

That was pretty much the point. They care more about making money than protecting society. The numbers back it up. And it's not even close. But they do in fact provide us some slim protection. So I guess I shouldn't be so critical.

Mark

I don't give a damn about your numbers. You're evading my question again. Is it a better use of police manpower to do real police work than chase down leads due to a false crime report?

For someone who projects himself as an intellectual, your answer should be pretty easy to come up with. Yes or No is all I want. Then we can get back to the topic at hand if you would be so kind to stop derailing the thread with another one of your anti-establishment rants.

travz21

How many more times do you want me to answer it?

Mark

I must have glazed over it when I realized where your post was going. My apologies for the oversight. Thanks for addressing it.

travz21

You're welcome. I'll stop sassing you now.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

This.