Linkin Park - LOST IN THE ECHO (KillSonik Remix) Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Jul 21, 2012.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

You, good sir, have encapsulated everything in this thread. Well done.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Lol que?

You say you're not an idiot, but then claim LP hired this person to do the remix.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is that if this is an official remix being produced and released of a track by LP, provided it is part of the Living Things Remixed collection (which I think it is), then obviously, LP had SOMETHING to do with choosing who to ask to do the remix. Did you not remember Mike in an interview saying something like "If we're gonna do some remixes, the first thing that comes to my mind is "What's Skrillex doing? What's Rusko doing?" That means that the band wanted some dubstep remixes to be done, and if this is being promoted by UKF and being OFFICIALLY commercially released, then I can guarantee LP had at least a say in who they wanted the remix to be done by or what they wanted the track to sound like. Need I remind you that Reanimation was produced by Mike himself? LP have never taken the topic of remixes lightly, until the recent BID remixes imo, but that doesn't mean the KillSonik remix had nothing to do with LP themselves. Beginning with just as simply as how KillSonik even got the acapella for LITE. If it's official, most likely, LP themselves had something to do with it. This isn't just some dude on YouTube. He's on UKF, which renders the idea of this track being officially released totally legitimate.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I can understand why Rocky was backing you up on this. The "brostep" that's huge here in the US is harder and harder to like and I was about to agree with you but... come on man. "I can still see every other dubstep artist making the exact same thing" is a bit much. Like Prototype said, you must not listen to dubstep and if you do, you must not look to deep past the very mainstream because that is a ridiculous statement.

I'm not much for the "this genre is sucky this genre is pwnage" argument but I just couldn't let that slide lol. There's so much dubstep that is not the hyper-aggressive drop into some pads variety that your disregard is like saying all rock Nickelback and no one makes anything different.

There's a ton of actual dubstep (not brostep) that is not super in your face, wubs all over the place and repetitive. Say the remix sucks if you like (I can stand it, I wouldn't want 5 more like it), but it irks me when "open-minded" Linkin Park fans viciously put down entire genres. We end up using arguments that people who hate Linkin Park use.

When I first got into metal I was like "Oh everything sounds like Slipknot and I hate them! (I did at the time) All you need is to play fast and palm mute." If your first foray into dubstep had you cringing at Skrilles and the like, I understand. But that's like saying Sandstorm, the Venga Boys and Eiffel 65 are an accurate representation of EDM. There's more out there believe me!!

No wub wub doesn't mean it's not dubstep
    [video=youtube;p6IFYMJ63V0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6IFYMJ63V0[/video]

Mods seem to let this slide more when we're talking about remixes and other bands but come down hard on the "respect musical taste" if someone is smashing Linkin Park lol

That's all!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'm honoured that someone likes my remixes that much, I appreciate it. There's definitely some LIVING THINGS remixes cooking ;) I just hope we get some more multitracks from the new album - it'll make my life a lot easier :p

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

@Justin V. I didn't quote your wall of post because I'm on my phone and I can't edit very easily. Anyways, you hit the nail on the head with me. Dubstep is not a genre that I'm not well versed in. I didn't particularly say I hated dubstep, but rather getting sick of it. The remix isn't awful, but it isn't something I can listen to all of the time. If I wanted to say anything else, I've forgotten. Alcohol does that. :)

Justin V.

I don't post often, but when I do... lol.

It's all good. I agree with the overall sentiment that LP needs to go back to remixing their own stuff, and doing it like they MEAN IT. For your average producer that does this for a living, it's nothing really to pop out a remix using your stock sounds. Reanimation showed us all what remixes could be. But Reanimation was a full on project. Pretty much another studio album. It would take them a lot of thinking to pop out remixes of that quality. Plus I believe not being entirely happy with Hybrid Theory (due to being mashed in with other nu-metal) gave them a push I don't think they'll ever have again when it comes to remixes.

dgd138

dgd138 Active Member

What I don't understand, is why they don't keep a melody throughout the song, during the drop and when Mike's first rapping etc. Would sound 100x better in my opinion.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Simply don't get why so much hate on dubstep.

I mean, it sounds insane, with all those effects... Plus, dubstep remix worked great on LITE because it's mostly electronic. There isn't this much hate on LGM which is clearly a dubstep song, and LP made it, not some guy who we've probably never heard of... This isn't as much dubstep as brostep but it's still great.

The only thing that would be better is if Chester's vocals were re-recorded because they sound too soft on some parts.

In fact, this is the only remix that I will listen to more than once...

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

[video=youtube;T50ucVLKON4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T50ucVLKON4[/video]

:trollface:

And yeah, absoloutely love this remix, UKF finally put a good brostep track up this year. But then again, I don't like a lot of brostep, but I love dubstep. Skrillex is actually good though, don't get all the hate on him, because he said himself he's NOT dubstep.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I don't care what kind of style the music is. All that matters is whether i like the sound that hits my ear drums. This was unappealing to me. The remix took out the best part of the song and went in a direction that unfortunately does nothing for me. Maybe someone else will have a more interesting take.

Justin V.

Nice one! You know Deadmau5 said he actually sold out by doing that song lol.

Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

Do not like.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

LP + DUBSTEP????

[thumb]http://f0.bcbits.com/z/26/66/2666173915-1.jpg[/thumb]

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Here's an idea: Dubstep fans are insulted that the non-dubstep fans don't like the remix so they in turn attempt to insult the non fans. You know who you are. Instead of being hypocritical pricks, realize that while you have an opinion that states it's good, others can have an opinion that the genre is really just a big steaming pile of crap that needs to die.

Get over yourselves.

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

The "full version" is just the snippet played twice , right ?

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

i already said, there is no full version yet
    the full version here is just an edit by "Kilderov"

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Okay , thanks :D .

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I for one like the remix. Way better than what we got from the BID remixes. With that said, I'm sure this one will get old real fast. Still, I like it for what it is.

And I wouldn't really call Dubstep crap and uncreative. Just to give an example:

[video=youtube;9VBKJCnEdCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBKJCnEdCA&feature=BFa&list=PL31D177BFA1B1EF38[/video]

Check out the whole album from Distance (the album is called My Demons). It's dubstep but obviously not the commercial Dubstep you know.

Let's not judge a book by its cover. Genres are just classifications, nothing more, nothing less.

20. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I don't enjoy dubstep. It's all samey to my ears. I think it's overused, overhyped, overproduced and I can't believe that it's so popular. In that way, it is sort of like the MLP fanbase.

Hate on me all you want, WubFans, but you can't change my opinion. While there may be a dubstep song coming my way that I may half-heartedly enjoy, it doesn't detract from my opinion. :/