Linkin Park - LOST IN THE ECHO (KillSonik Remix) Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Jul 21, 2012.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Sounds like every other dubstep song.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

ohhhhh guyyyyyyys
    please damn i am here and think how dumb someone can be! -_-
    here an example for a melodic dubstep song

[video=youtube;uAFjgpuWREM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAFjgpuWREM[/video]

here an example for chopping and stuff

[video=youtube;TRi9A1edi8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRi9A1edi8o[/video]

tell me every dubstep song sounds the same

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of dubstep and understand exactly why he's saying that. This is the most popular kind of dubstep in the states.

I'm a fan of this remix. This shit is fucking insane. I do wish they would have added Mike's bridge vox instead of repeating the 2nd verse again

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

this is not the official full version, its the edited version of Kilderov
    so lets hope again xD

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You dishonor disco by saying this.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

It was a good mix, not gonna lie, but I'm sooooo tired of dubstep. When will the craze end?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My view on dubstep does not reflect on my IQ. I'm not "dumb" by any means. I just wish that "genre" of music offered more. I really do feel that if you hear one dubstep song, you've heard most of what every artist has to offer. I know it may be hard to make the songs, but, I'm just thinking that if you're going to put all of that work into it, atleast make yourself stand out.

While it sounds insane, I can still see every other dubstep artist making the exact same thing.

LMAO!

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

it was kinda insulting what i said, i know, i'm sorry, i just dont get it why some people say it is a genre what need to go away or so
    i mean its an electronic genre, some people like it, some people dont - everything would be okay if those people just say - okay, i dont like it
    done, where is the problem? okay - the other problem is that its not sound the same
    there are so many different styles of dubstep
    melodic dubstep
    brostep
    chillstep
    drumstep blah blah, i dont want to count here but fact is, it seems like you didnt check out every style of dubstep
    its just, it seems like you only heard THOSE artists who make the same kind of this genre - check out different things and ask people before saying something like that
    thats why i raged

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

:facepalm:

I was going to say exactly this. Putting the blame on Linkin Park for a 3rd party remix is beyond me :facepalm:

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Sick mix love dudstep

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Probably my favorite remix of an LP song yet.

lol @ all the hate. The past two BID remixes suck so much ass compared to this. At least, speaking from a pure production level.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Alex10

Alex10 Active Member

OMG!!! One of the best Dubstep remixes I have ever hear. It reminds me of how similar Rock fans can easily become Dubstep fans due to dubstep having an immense load of energy, quite similar to rock.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

The dubstep breakdown was annoying, but I can't wait until the real single's video finally releases.

Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

I liked this version whether it's going to be part of the remix subscription is up for debate but as long as the next song that arrives isn't a BID remix again I'll be happy.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

No shit? I'm not an idiot, I know the remix isn't by LP themselves, but who do you think hired the remixer to do it / approved of it / wanted it to happen?

LOL. It most certainly does not take "HEAPS" of talent or whatever to make this kind of "dubstep." I hate to be that guy, but this crap people hear nowadays is not what it was when I started listening to it. Skrillex came out and he blew up and everybody hopped on the dubstep wagon around 2010. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Now, I'm not one of those pricks that goes back to the 90's talking about how dubstep started, but the first few listens I have it, which were around '06, '07 were nothing like what most people consider dubstep today. Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a sucker for some dirty ear candy once in a while, but I still can't say that I consider this stuff to be true dubstep. Hate as you will.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Andreina

I can make a remix of LP right NOW, put it on YouTube and it doesn't mean LP hired me or even gave me permission (Monthly Mix-Up is living proof of that, or even YouTube itself). We don't even know if this one will be part of the subscription but one thing I can be sure of is that LP doesn't "hire" the people who do the remixes.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Warner Bros.

gustina05

gustina05 Well-Known Member

Same here. I dont like it.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Can't help feeling that actually both sides of the argument in this thread have a point - in summary: there are a number of talented artists out there capable of creating musical, diverse and great music which we could class as being "dubstep". Likewise, at times it feels like everyone and their grandmother is making cheap, nasty, "wub-wub" Dubstep music, which by and large sounds very similar, and is lacking in solid musical content.

Like I said previously, I enjoyed the remix (particularly liked Mike's rap, as it sounds kind of British/Londonish/Grimey which is a weird/different/cool context to hear Mike's rapping in). However, chances are I'll get over this remix pretty quickly and it will be confined to a distant musical memory.

This fence is pretty comfy.

Andreina

I agree with whatever this guy says. Especially when considering he makes some freaking awesome remixes himself. McD knows.

BTW hoping you're cooking some LT remixes ! :lol: No hurry of course, but I respect your work a lot.