Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

By a whole 22 minutes :p

Furthermore, the IGN article states the release date will not be changed, and as Marvel's done a pretty great job with hiring directors thus far (aside from Kenneth Branagh, Shane Black, and Joe Johnston - some freaks actually like The First Avenger though), I'm sure whoever it is will do just fine.

There isn't any mention of script changes, and as Wright co-wrote the script, I think we're fine on that end as well.

2. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Some of my friends were actually going to watch Ant-Man because of Edgar Wright, since he made the Cornetto Trilogy. I wonder how they'll feel about it now.

EDIT: Joss Whedon's tweet after Edgar Wright's departure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  3. MKH

^ Too awesome.

If Whedon, the comic nerd, supports Wright, I have a feeling the new Ant-Man will not be the glorious film Edgar Wright would have put out and will aim to be "epic" like Iron Man 3 attempted. I was prepared for a Shaun of the Dead-esque Ant-Man film, not something that has a climactic fight with shit blowing up and makeup artists getting their time in the spotlight.

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This makes me sad. Very sad.

5. The Joesen One

Many rumours say that Kevin Feige supported Wright but Marvel execs were not pleased with his script. Take this with a pinch of salt.

James Gunn's post on FB:

"Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they’re amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn’t it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren’t meant to be together – not because there’s anything wrong with either of them, but they just don’t have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don’t make each other happy. Although it’s sad to see them split, when they do, you’re surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next.

It’s easy to try to make one party “right” and another party “wrong” when a breakup happens, but it often isn’t that simple. Or perhaps it’s even more simple than that – not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn’t mean they’re not wonderful people.

And that’s true of both Edgar Wright and Marvel. One of them isn’t a person, but I think you get what I mean."

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. MKH

So apparently Josh Brolin is Thanos (this was announced last week and I had no idea :lol:), and he'll be in the first act of Guardians of the Galaxy via hologram and once in the flesh. Apparently he's gonna be looking for an Infinity Stone to add to the Gauntlet, but we already knew that.

And Scott Derrickson (director of Sinister) is directing the Doctor Strange film.

7. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Don Cheadle confirmed for Age of Ultron.

[​IMG]

You mean the film that isn't being directed by Edgar Wright won't turn out like an Edgar Wright film? Stupendous powers of deduction there, old bean.

IM3's aim was a character study of Tony Stark and how he sees himself, not just after the events of New York, but ever since his capture in the Middle East. It hit that mark exceptionally well. If all you got from it was "shit blows up" then you really weren't paying attention.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Don Cheadle isn't new news bro.

9. The Joesen One

Peyton Reed will direct Ant-Man and Adam McKay will rewrite the script.

Also, ICYMI, Charlie Cox is Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio is Kingpin.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  10. Moridin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He was only ever rumoured to be in it, there was no confirmation... until now.

Also, there'll almost certainly be Age of Ultron footage post-credits of Guardians, like there was Avengers footage after the first Captain America.

11. The Joesen One

OH YES

[video=youtube;3CqymRQ1uUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CqymRQ1uUU[/video]

12. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

this dude stole tyler durden clothes

13. Gibs

So now Guardians is serious. The marketing guys need to pick one tone........ Great trailer though.

14. Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

A lot of movies have done multiple trailers of differing tones. Its actually good for promotion. You attract the people who are more attracted to comedy with the mostly funny trailer, and you attract the people who are mostly attracted to drama with the mostly serious trailer.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm actually trying not to watch too many trailers for this. I want to be as surprised as possible while having only seen the first trailer. Has anyone else ever done this or is it just me? Lol

15. The Joesen One

Old picture, but I'm hyped

[​IMG]

16. Gibs

First pic of what appears to be Ultron! That new Cap suit is also fucking cool. Looks like that's Stark's Armor from Iron Man 3 though. Oh well.

[​IMG]

17. The Joesen One

Actually Tony's suit in this movie is a modified version of the Mark 42, but with more red. :)

Overall
    [​IMG]

18. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

what's this for?

19. MKH

Guardians. Gamora vs. Nebula fight(s).

That Entertainment Weekly cover, YES.

20. Moridin

[​IMG]

Rhodey is on scene, looks like they're having a bit of a party.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, article goes into the plot set up a little bit:
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/this-weeks-cover-avengers-age-of-ultron/

Yep, and the Mark 42 is one of my favourite designs so I'm more than cool with a redder version. Plus they'll have Hulkbuster.

Gamora (Zoe Saldana) vs Nebula (Karen Gillan) rehearsal from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Speaking of, we should have an Age of Ultron teaser with GotG, so just a couple more weeks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014