Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Battery problem

  1. #1
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128

    Battery problem

    Ok, so, a couple of days ago I noticed that the size of my phone battery (LG, if this is important) has increased. Since then, my phone is turning off itself, and I need to charge it more often because the battery becomes empty. Also, it smells like some acid. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else...

  2. #2
    Fight the tyranny of the LPA staff! Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    6,933
    Dude, I would get rid of that shit before the battery explodes while you have the phone up next to your fucking face

  3. #3
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    The battery is done. Get rid of it and get a new one. You dont want any of that acid on you or your phone.

  4. #4
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128
    Ok, thanks for the information, I'll get rid of it...

    EDIT: I accidentally left it outside on 35 degrees. It exploded. Now, I don't have a phone.
    Last edited by Filip; 07-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    Ok, thanks for the information, I'll get rid of it...

    EDIT: I accidentally left it outside on 35 degrees. It exploded. Now, I don't have a phone.
    Fail.

  6. #6
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Fail.
    You didn't read correctly: I said ''accidentally'' which means ''on purpose, I wanted to see what happens, after I read it will explode on a high temperature on another forum''

  7. #7
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    You didn't read correctly: I said ''accidentally'' which means ''on purpose, I wanted to see what happens, after I read it will explode on a high temperature on another forum''
    Lulz.

  8. #8
    Welcome to the universe Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,785


    Buy yourself some high techno shit next, not some LG crap.

  9. #9
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128
    I wouldn't get LG again if they gave it to me for free...

    Anyway, I'd get Xperia S, my friend has it, and it's really cool...

  10. #10
    when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory Melis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,392
    Oh my friend also has it. That is a cool phone.

    I have an iPod and I have a similar problem. I have it new and and I don't know if it is normal when the battery is empty after a 3/4 day.
    Last edited by Melis; 07-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  11. #11
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Melis View Post
    Oh my friend also has it. That is a cool phone.

    I have an iPod and I have a similar problem. I have it new and and I don't know if it is normal when the battery is empty after a 3/4 day.
    It really depends on how much use the iPod is getting...

  12. #12
    when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory Melis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,392
    I use it often, at least 3-4 hours, I think.

  13. #13
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Melis View Post
    I use it often, at least 3-4 hours, I think.
    That sounds about standard... Is it one of those touch display ones and is the screen on during the whole time?

  14. #14
    when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory Melis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,392
    Yes iPod touch and not the whole time but most of the time.

  15. #15
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    The biggest battery killer for any hand held device is the screen. The longer it is on, the more battery juice gets sucked.

  16. #16
    when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory Melis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,392
    Good to know. Thank you

  17. #17
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The biggest battery killer for any hand held device is the screen. The longer it is on, the more battery juice gets sucked.
    Exactly. I watched ''Battery usage'' on my new phone, and 73% was ''screen''.

  18. #18
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    Exactly. I watched ''Battery usage'' on my new phone, and 73% was ''screen''.
    If you dim your screen or change the setting to make it sleep faster, you will see a dramatic improvement of battery life.

  19. #19
    Failip, the underwear thief. Filip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    If you dim your screen or change the setting to make it sleep faster, you will see a dramatic improvement of battery life.
    I did that the second I noticed that, also, by turning off all unnecessary stuff, the battery now goes for 4 or 5 days instead of 2...

  20. #20
    Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    I did that the second I noticed that, also, by turning off all unnecessary stuff, the battery now goes for 4 or 5 days instead of 2...
    That's awesome!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •