LP Underground Twelve CD: Thoughts and predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by bullettrain, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I noticed when listening to "So Far Away" that is has parts of "Soundtrack" and "Coal" in it.

If you start listening at 00:57 in "Soundtrack," notice the synth/keyboard that plays, as well as the drum patterns.
    Play "So Far Away" from 00:00 and you notice the drum patterns are very similar to "Soundtrack."
    Fast forward to 1:22 in "So Far Away" and not only do you hear the same synth/keyboard from "Soundtrack," but you can definitely hear parts of "Coal" as well.
    There's probably other things I missed in the song but those are just my observations so you guys can listen.

2. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

damn I can't wait to hear this album. I hope so more "leaks" appear soon. Though i'll probably renew my LPU subscription at some point.

3. daroker510

daroker510 Active Member

Do u guys think they were gonna remake So Far Away for meteora with the,Soundtrack instrumental? I mean it,has the,same elements but different vibe and tone...try singing the chorus for so far away in,the chorus part of soundtrack...it sounds good with it...idk i just feel like that was the idea for the soundtrack song

4. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Quick rant:

Remember how Joe Hahn said most of the Minutes To Midnight demos were pretty bad and how we weren't going to hear them? We've gotten a shitload of stuff from that era recently but I have to agree with him. The songs they chose for the album were perfect and I can't see other songs fitting on it. Everyone is saying "oh if they finished 'Debris' and finished 'Asbestos' the album would've been better". What? I think alot of these demos sound predictable and lame. Even my favorite demo 'Homecoming' has the same soft intro, and heavy layered guitar attack that we're used to. The album itself is way more diverse and in fact better than these demos.

5. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

In regards to what you just said, I would partially agree. But there's always "potential" for certain songs to be improved upon. Then there are songs from previous LPU CDs that would have definitely bettered the album. Songs such as Blackbirds and What We Don't Know.

Personally, my favorite demo is Clarity which seems like the most forgotten song on the CD