Michael Fassbender To Produce And Star In "Assassin's Creed" Movie

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jul 9, 2012.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...-to-produce-and-star-in-assassins-creed-movie

Michael Fassbender has signed on to produce and star in a big screen adaptation of the blockbuster video game series, Assassin's Creed, according to Variety. The movie will be produced independently by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, which is owned by the same company that created the original Assassin's Creed video game series. This move will allow Ubisoft to have more creative control over the project than if a major studio was in charge.

The story of the game series revolves around a man named Desmond Miles who discovers that he comes from a lineage of assassins that have ties to the Knights Templar. Through the use of a special machine called an Animus, Miles relives the memories and adventures of his ancestors from throughout the years.

The game series has spanned multiple time periods and eras including the Crusades, the Renaissance, and Revolutionary War. It is also one of the most successful game franchises of all time, and a third installment of the series is due out this fall.

There are no details on who might star alongside Fassbender or direct the film, but with an A-list leading man already in place, it shouldn't be too difficult to attract some solid talent.

-

I normally don't care for video game movies but Michael Fassbender is one of my fav actors working today. Super amped!

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

OMG. I even never played AC but I'm really anxious for this thing.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Holy fucking shit.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hope he puts a restraining order on Uwe Boll so he can't come anywhere near this movie.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm so looking forward to this.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

As a big fan od AC, I'm glad Ubi is in control of the project.

This could be the first videogame movie to be actually good.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Agreed, I get a good vibe from this. Ubisoft in charge, one of my favourite games, and one of my favourite actors in Fassbender. Excited :D

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I hope they don't screw this up! But since it's Ubisoft in charge, the probably won't! Plus Fassbender.. I mean.. What could go wrong?!