Olympic Games - London 2012

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by JJ, Jul 7, 2012.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

With just under 4 weeks until the official opening ceremony, the excitement builds...

[​IMG]

London2012.com

Living in the UK, it's hard not to be literally inundated with relentless 'count downs' and constant reminders that the Games are just around the corner from the media and the likes. It's had an impact on me however because I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked into the whole hype surrounding the Olympics and here I find myself really anticipating what's in store. I think it'll be interesting to hear from fellow UKers and their opinions. What are people from all over the world hoping for too I wonder?

Has your country got any hopes of medals?

Who should we look out for - who's going to be a star performer?

Who's got tickets/ who hasn't?

There's a whole host of talking points regarding the Olympics so please feel free to discuss them here!

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The only thing I care about is track and field. I hope the Jamaican team cleans up again in the sprints with some new world records.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This is literally happening 10 mins away from my house. :lol: Got a couple of friends working at the Box Office so I might get some tickets. I'm not too bothered though.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This is happening 15 mins away from my house and I absolutely hate that fact.

Public transport is sooo going to suck.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

It already sucks. :lol: I'm going to have so much trouble getting into work as I have to pass through the Olympic site in Stratford! That area does look pretty cool now compared to the shithole it used to be so at least we get something good out of this haha.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

The roads around my house are also going to suck. The main road goes directly to Stratford. -_-

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not an UKer but I'm looking forward to see what's gonna happen, I enjoy watching sports in general so even if I'm not a huge fan of all the disciplines individually, I like watching them on the Olympics.

Among the participants I am looking forward to seeing world champion Yelena Isinbayeva on the pole vault, she made an amazing record in Beijing by jumping over 7 meters, so she's one to watch for me.

Also I'd like too see the football tournament but the Olympic one is not as interesting as regular international football, it's mostly about diminished country teams. Also Team GB is a huge facepalm to me and unnecessary.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

All I know is this years USA basketball team will dominate

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Make sure to watch the women's 100m backstroke! My childhood friend is swimming for America as the number two swimmer along with Missy Franklin who's definitely the favorite. Missy's set to win as many golds as Phelps did back in '08.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah I totally forgot about swimming! It's one of the most exciting events to watch, both men and women's category. I don't know if Phelps can do the magic he did at Beijing but I hope there is some action awaiting there. What's your friends name?

I think my fellow countryman Albert Subirats will be competing in the men's swimming category though I'm not sure if he qualified, I don't know how's the deal so, I'll find out then :lol:

Zane

Rachel Bootsma

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao I've watched one game of water polo and other than that I've really payed no attention

Zane