Olympic Games - London 2012

With just under 4 weeks until the official opening ceremony, the excitement builds...

London2012.com

Living in the UK, it's hard not to be literally inundated with relentless 'count downs' and constant reminders that the Games are just around the corner from the media and the likes. It's had an impact on me however because I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked into the whole hype surrounding the Olympics and here I find myself really anticipating what's in store. I think it'll be interesting to hear from fellow UKers and their opinions. What are people from all over the world hoping for too I wonder?

Has your country got any hopes of medals?

Who should we look out for - who's going to be a star performer?

Who's got tickets/ who hasn't?

There's a whole host of talking points regarding the Olympics so please feel free to discuss them here!

Castle of Glass

The only thing I care about is track and field. I hope the Jamaican team cleans up again in the sprints with some new world records.

This is literally happening 10 mins away from my house. Got a couple of friends working at the Box Office so I might get some tickets. I'm not too bothered though.

This is happening 15 mins away from my house and I absolutely hate that fact.

Public transport is sooo going to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Stop projecting your semen-crusted fantasies onto me, you assmilk loving fuck.
    REE FOR ADMIN

MISSION SUCCESSFUL.
    LOUIS FOR ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaria View Post
    This is happening 15 mins away from my house and I absolutely hate that fact.

Public transport is sooo going to suck.
    It already sucks. I'm going to have so much trouble getting into work as I have to pass through the Olympic site in Stratford! That area does look pretty cool now compared to the shithole it used to be so at least we get something good out of this haha.

The roads around my house are also going to suck. The main road goes directly to Stratford. -_-

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Not an UKer but I'm looking forward to see what's gonna happen, I enjoy watching sports in general so even if I'm not a huge fan of all the disciplines individually, I like watching them on the Olympics.

Among the participants I am looking forward to seeing world champion Yelena Isinbayeva on the pole vault, she made an amazing record in Beijing by jumping over 7 meters, so she's one to watch for me.

Also I'd like too see the football tournament but the Olympic one is not as interesting as regular international football, it's mostly about diminished country teams. Also Team GB is a huge facepalm to me and unnecessary.
    Last edited by Andreina; 07-08-2012 at 02:20 AM.

All I know is this years USA basketball team will dominate
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

Make sure to watch the women's 100m backstroke! My childhood friend is swimming for America as the number two swimmer along with Missy Franklin who's definitely the favorite. Missy's set to win as many golds as Phelps did back in '08.

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Make sure to watch the women's 100m backstroke! My childhood friend is swimming for America as the number two swimmer along with Missy Franklin who's definitely the favorite. Missy's set to win as many golds as Phelps did back in '08.
    Yeah I totally forgot about swimming! It's one of the most exciting events to watch, both men and women's category. I don't know if Phelps can do the magic he did at Beijing but I hope there is some action awaiting there. What's your friends name?

I think my fellow countryman Albert Subirats will be competing in the men's swimming category though I'm not sure if he qualified, I don't know how's the deal so, I'll find out then

Quote Originally Posted by Andreina View Post
    Yeah I totally forgot about swimming! It's one of the most exciting events to watch, both men and women's category. I don't know if Phelps can do the magic he did at Beijing but I hope there is some action awaiting there. What's your friends name?

I think my fellow countryman Albert Subirats will be competing in the men's swimming category though I'm not sure if he qualified, I don't know how's the deal so, I'll find out then
    Rachel Bootsma

I completely forgot that a girl that went to my high school is ranked #2 in the world in Women's BMX. My younger sister is friends with her, so it'll be pretty fucking cool to see her race. Her name is Alise Post. Pretty attractive lady, too.

Here's an article about her: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/0...-olympic-gold/
    Last edited by travz21; 07-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    Lmao I've watched one game of water polo and other than that I've really payed no attention

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    I completely forgot that a girl that went to my high school is ranked #2 in the world in Women's BMX. My younger sister is friends with her, so it'll be pretty fucking cool to see her race. Her name is Alise Post. Pretty attractive lady, too.

Here's an article about her: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/0...-olympic-gold/
    Yes to Minnesotans!

Thread Information