[DOWNLOAD] Linkin Park - BURN IT DOWN Remixes DJ Promo CD

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 7, 2012.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Well, I'm pretty sure that this CD actually IS fake. I mean, it surely wasn't released by WBR. John Reaper is a Linkin Park fan from Greece. He's following me on Soundcloud and his remix is just a very simple rearrangement of BID stems that someone ripped from the Linkin Park GP application.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

So who else hasn't read the LPA rules or doesn't have common sense to not ask for links? :)

Um. Sex.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay, reading back on the post I made I came off as quite aggressive, and I'll even admit that. I probably shouldn't have come off so pissed or annoyed, but I've just become frustrated by what seems to be a growing trend of people crying fake on official things (not counting this thread), just because they don't like the way something looks or sounds. It's happening a lot on these forums lately, and the collective intelligence of threads are being brought down by it as a result.

Example: Someone stated in another thread that they didn't think that the RAC and Paul Van Dyk remixes were official, and that none of the LIVING THINGS REMIXED tracks were actually released yet, because the first two remixes, in that person's opinion sucked. It didn't matter that both remixes were officially emailed for download by the band, this person was still convinced that we haven't gotten any of the remixes yet, because in his mind there was clearly no way that those remixes could be the real deal.

So, reading something like this, after seeing Joe basically dealing with people calling things he posted as news "fake", just got on my nerves and I made the post I did above.

Now, giving acknowledgement to the post you made above and even accepting that the eBay CD itself is now likely not an official WBR release, it still doesn't make the Paul Van Dyk remix, the Hann With Gun remix, the RAC remix, the Double Dust remix, the Heavy Burn remix, or even the Arya Shani remix fake and not actually done by those artists. Those remixes are legitimate (two of them have been released by the band, with another seeming to already have been given the thumbs up by the band as seen here: http://promodj.com/hannwithgun/remixes/3418458/Linkin_Park_Burn_it_down_Hann_with_Gun_remix?hq=1...Mike called it "Hybrid Theory Part 2"), and for some guy to roll on in and say he thinks they're all fake because they "sound unprofessional" is just insane.

So perhaps what was posted on eBay was someone trying to make a quick buck. But we're not selling that CD. We're posting the remixes contained on it for convenience of the fans, which are by all accounts legitimate remixes (two of which were officially released by the band...that we currently know of), even if one was apparently made by a fan.

...which honestly, isn't anyone who makes a remix of a Linkin Park track, technically a Linkin Park fan? They wouldn't make remixes of a track they hated.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Man, off topic, I think your remixes are amazing. Mainly Blackout. .-.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Derek, I get your point, but actually I have no problem with you posting it on the front page. On the contrary, I think there's some interesting stuff here, like Hann With Gun remix (although I'm guessing it's fanmade as well).
    Not necessarily ($$$ ;))
    Thank you!

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Sorry man, I didn't mean to try and insult you..

Derek

It's ok, I'm sorry if my post came off aggressive. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the remixes :lol:.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

I'll drink to that :D

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I will have some H2O

itsmax

itsmax Member

That CD is obviously fake, there's text inserted very poorly in photoshop without any kerning in typography.

and obviously im more excited to LPA BID remixes too

edit: digging pvd & hann remixes

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Derek

So looks like these weren't okay to post. Sorry folks.

hybridsoldi3r

hybridsoldi3r Member

CD not fake, and I knew this was going to be taken down eventually and I don't know why it was posted in the first place, when it clearly said on the CD that it couldn't be shared without Warner Bros. approval
    :facepalm:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

My thread is no longer redundant.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Should the tracklisting of this CD be removed from Wikipedia?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The CD is most certainly fake. It has been listed by the same seller over and over again in "private" listings. The reason we put it up for download was to stop people paying a huge amount of money for a potentially unofficial promo disk and to get the files out there. The files themselves are real, but the disk itself? Like I mentioned in the original post, I highly doubt it.

yarik-lp

yarik-lp New Member

Hey guys! Still looking for these tracks in FLAC.
    Could anybody help me and send me PM with the download link.
    Thank you very much.

Derek

We can't. Warner Brothers asked for the files to be taken down, and there is absolutely no way we will allow us to be open to legal trouble by allowing members to send you the free downloads/FLACs over PM. So please don't ask, because it's against our rules.

That being said, welcome to the site and thank you for registering.