Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post

Do you guys really think we'd waste your time posting illegitimate shit up for download?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people lately? Is it the new trend to call out fake in every news post now? This is the third post in days where someone has come along and called fake, without doing a shred of research first to avoid themselves looking foolish. These remixes are all legitimate and were uploaded by the respective artists. The LPA doesn't post fake shit, and we never will.

Please people, not trying to sound rude, but please take a moment to read the whole first post before making posts like that. If you had, you'd see why none of these were fake. It's almost insulting to have to read this stuff in nearly every news post lately.
    Well, I'm pretty sure that this CD actually IS fake. I mean, it surely wasn't released by WBR. John Reaper is a Linkin Park fan from Greece. He's following me on Soundcloud and his remix is just a very simple rearrangement of BID stems that someone ripped from the Linkin Park GP application.

Currently co-producing the wEEKnIGHT pSYCHOPATH EP MKH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefyTheEye View Post
    so who would like to PM me that acapella and instrumental mix?
    So who else hasn't read the LPA rules or doesn't have common sense to not ask for links?

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Attachment 5127
    (Click on image for full size)
    Made a cover if anyone wants to use it.
    Um. Sex.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Okay, reading back on the post I made I came off as quite aggressive, and I'll even admit that. I probably shouldn't have come off so pissed or annoyed, but I've just become frustrated by what seems to be a growing trend of people crying fake on official things (not counting this thread), just because they don't like the way something looks or sounds. It's happening a lot on these forums lately, and the collective intelligence of threads are being brought down by it as a result.

Example: Someone stated in another thread that they didn't think that the RAC and Paul Van Dyk remixes were official, and that none of the LIVING THINGS REMIXED tracks were actually released yet, because the first two remixes, in that person's opinion sucked. It didn't matter that both remixes were officially emailed for download by the band, this person was still convinced that we haven't gotten any of the remixes yet, because in his mind there was clearly no way that those remixes could be the real deal.

So, reading something like this, after seeing Joe basically dealing with people calling things he posted as news "fake", just got on my nerves and I made the post I did above.

Now, giving acknowledgement to the post you made above and even accepting that the eBay CD itself is now likely not an official WBR release, it still doesn't make the Paul Van Dyk remix, the Hann With Gun remix, the RAC remix, the Double Dust remix, the Heavy Burn remix, or even the Arya Shani remix fake and not actually done by those artists. Those remixes are legitimate (two of them have been released by the band, with another seeming to already have been given the thumbs up by the band as seen here: http://promodj.com/hannwithgun/remix...Gun_remix?hq=1...Mike called it "Hybrid Theory Part 2"), and for some guy to roll on in and say he thinks they're all fake because they "sound unprofessional" is just insane.

So perhaps what was posted on eBay was someone trying to make a quick buck. But we're not selling that CD. We're posting the remixes contained on it for convenience of the fans, which are by all accounts legitimate remixes (two of which were officially released by the band...that we currently know of), even if one was apparently made by a fan.

...which honestly, isn't anyone who makes a remix of a Linkin Park track, technically a Linkin Park fan? They wouldn't make remixes of a track they hated.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. Flagrare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zwieR.Z. View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure that this CD actually IS fake. I mean, it surely wasn't released by WBR. John Reaper is a Linkin Park fan from Greece. He's following me on Soundcloud and his remix is just a very simple rearrangement of BID stems that someone ripped from the Linkin Park GP application.
    Man, off topic, I think your remixes are amazing. Mainly Blackout. .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelle Botha
    FLAGRARE
    you naughty boy

Derek, I get your point, but actually I have no problem with you posting it on the front page. On the contrary, I think there's some interesting stuff here, like Hann With Gun remix (although I'm guessing it's fanmade as well).
    ...which honestly, isn't anyone who makes a remix of a Linkin Park track, technically a Linkin Park fan? They wouldn't make remixes of a track they hated.
    Not necessarily ($$$ )
    Man, off topic, I think your remixes are amazing. Mainly Blackout. .-.
    Thank you!

I was by your side, powerless. NateXY's Avatar
    Okay, reading back on the post I made I came off as quite aggressive, and I'll even admit that. I probably shouldn't have come off so pissed or annoyed, but I've just become frustrated by what seems to be a growing trend of people crying fake on official things (not counting this thread), just because they don't like the way something looks or sounds. It's happening a lot on these forums lately, and the collective intelligence of threads are being brought down by it as a result.

Example: Someone stated in another thread that they didn't think that the RAC and Paul Van Dyk remixes were official, and that none of the LIVING THINGS REMIXED tracks were actually released yet, because the first two remixes, in that person's opinion sucked. It didn't matter that both remixes were officially emailed for download by the band, this person was still convinced that we haven't gotten any of the remixes yet, because in his mind there was clearly no way that those remixes could be the real deal.

So, reading something like this, after seeing Joe basically dealing with people calling things he posted as news "fake", just got on my nerves and I made the post I did above.

Now, giving acknowledgement to the post you made above and even accepting that the eBay CD itself is now likely not an official WBR release, it still doesn't make the Paul Van Dyk remix, the Hann With Gun remix, the RAC remix, the Double Dust remix, the Heavy Burn remix, or even the Arya Shani remix fake and not actually done by those artists. Those remixes are legitimate (two of them have been released by the band, with another seeming to already have been given the thumbs up by the band as seen here: http://promodj.com/hannwithgun/remix...Gun_remix?hq=1...Mike called it "Hybrid Theory Part 2"), and for some guy to roll on in and say he thinks they're all fake because they "sound unprofessional" is just insane.

So perhaps what was posted on eBay was someone trying to make a quick buck. But we're not selling that CD. We're posting the remixes contained on it for convenience of the fans, which are by all accounts legitimate remixes (two of which were officially released by the band...that we currently know of), even if one was apparently made by a fan.

Sorry man, I didn't mean to try and insult you..
    Signature inspired by MaiMer

It's ok, I'm sorry if my post came off aggressive. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the remixes .

I was by your side, powerless. NateXY's Avatar
    It's ok, I'm sorry if my post came off aggressive. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the remixes .
    I'll drink to that

I will have some H2O

Linkin Park "Burn It Down" Live at Billboards HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naY7gkiBD-s
    Wolflink on getting his copy of Living Things
    wolflink: i preordered through LPA so im screwed

That CD is obviously fake, there's text inserted very poorly in photoshop without any kerning in typography.

and obviously im more excited to LPA BID remixes too

edit: digging pvd & hann remixes
    Last edited by itsmax; 07-09-2012 at 12:32 PM.

So looks like these weren't okay to post. Sorry folks.

CD not fake, and I knew this was going to be taken down eventually and I don't know why it was posted in the first place, when it clearly said on the CD that it couldn't be shared without Warner Bros. approval
    Last edited by hybridsoldi3r; 07-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.

My thread is no longer redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Stop projecting your semen-crusted fantasies onto me, you assmilk loving fuck.
    REE FOR ADMIN

MISSION SUCCESSFUL.
    LOUIS FOR ADMIN

Leave a light, a light on. Filip's Avatar
    Should the tracklisting of this CD be removed from Wikipedia?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridsoldi3r View Post
    CD not fake, and I knew this was going to be taken down eventually and I don't know why it was posted in the first place, when it clearly said on the CD that it couldn't be shared without Warner Bros. approval
    The CD is most certainly fake. It has been listed by the same seller over and over again in "private" listings. The reason we put it up for download was to stop people paying a huge amount of money for a potentially unofficial promo disk and to get the files out there. The files themselves are real, but the disk itself? Like I mentioned in the original post, I highly doubt it.

Thread Information