Red Hot Chili Peppers

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Filip, Jul 3, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been one of my favourite bands, and I'm going to see them live on August 29th.
    Soooo, I wanted to hear your opinions! :p
    My favourite album is Californication, and ironically, my favourite song is Californication. :)

[video=youtube;YlUKcNNmywk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk[/video]

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I love the Chili Peppers, they're my third favourite band. I can't choose a favourite album really, as much as I like most of their songs, there are some songs i just always skip on every album. That being said, I prefer Stadium Arcadium, Californication, By The Way and I'm With You. If their live shows are anything like Slane Castle, then I'll enjoy watching them next year

Filip

Yeah. I'm gonna see them live but I hope they play their older songs, because I'm With You isn't really their best album ever. I also love Stadium Arcadium, but Californication is still my favourite.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

More like their weakest yet... you can dislike the first funk albums, but they had ideas and energy. This last one is just meh in every way...

Filip

I actually like everything from Blood Sugar Sex Magik to I'm With You, those funk albums aren't really my style.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm With You is kinda meh. Not to say I'm a Frusciante fanboy (One Hot Minute with Navarro was ace), but the band really feels lacking with Josh on lead.

Favorite album is By The Way.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Haven't really liked them much since Californication, but love their old stuff

I saw them live quite some time ago and they were great. Although I think the Foo Fighters who were opening stole the show.

Minus

I can see why everyone says the Foo Fighters put on a better show, but that's just because their stuff is more tailored toward the concert setting. Nothing touches the good ol' RHCP jam session though. Never play the same thing the same way twice.

[youtube]fDAiYlZDZKU[/youtube]

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I'm With You had a few highlights for me. But I know what you mean about RHCP live

[video=youtube;nKp0uwiD6uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKp0uwiD6uc[/video]

I just love this performance

Minus

[youtube]PnlssOZlanA[/youtube]

And one of the most epic jams of all time.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

When Frusciante was in the band I used to say RHCP were Jesus, Wayne Rooney, Will Ferrell and Arj Barker. But now with Klinghoffer, I'm just so lost.. :cry: haha

Filip

I watched their World Stage performance and a bunch of concerts and I can honestly say I love how they jam between songs, or use them as outros.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Saw them when they were touring for Stadium Arcadium. Good shit.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Awesome. Some of the best songs ever made.

I still haven't gotten myself to listen to I'm With You yet.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I like a few of their songs. They have one of my favorite concert stories. At woodstock 99' (I know, stay with me) they came on and during their set people started lighting Bon fires. So they came off for a bit and when they came back on they played "Fire" by jimi hendrix because his sister asked them to do it before hand. So theres bon fires going on in the crowd and there just fucking rockin the song. Flea's doing naked cartwheels n shit. It's great

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are the shit!
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik is by far their best album, although, I do love all their albums. There just happens to be no bad songs on BSSM. John Frusciante is a musical genius. Fact. Give Josh time, after all, he is a JF protégé.

Anyways, I'm going to see them in August!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hated the Chili Peppers for a long, long time. A friend of mine played "Readymade" for me, and I decided I was an idiot for ever hating them. I went through his collection (he owns literally everything they've ever released, including singles – it's a ridiculous collection) and listened to them from "start to finish," and they're one of my favorite bands now.

Filip

I love them on stage! They're like a bunch of psychos playing shirtless... When Kiedis sings Give It Away it's freaking awesome.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The band was strongest on Californication and By the Way. I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent effort, and Stadium Arcadium​ was decent. I'm not the biggest fan of their older stuff.

Filip

Californication is their best album in my opinion. By The Way was great, but I like Stadium Arcadium more. I'm With You isn't such a masterpiece. Brendan's Death Song is awesome, through.