Red Hot Chili Peppers

Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been one of my favourite bands, and I'm going to see them live on August 29th.
    Soooo, I wanted to hear your opinions!
    My favourite album is Californication, and ironically, my favourite song is Californication.

I love the Chili Peppers, they're my third favourite band. I can't choose a favourite album really, as much as I like most of their songs, there are some songs i just always skip on every album. That being said, I prefer Stadium Arcadium, Californication, By The Way and I'm With You. If their live shows are anything like Slane Castle, then I'll enjoy watching them next year
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    I love the Chili Peppers, they're my third favourite band. I can't choose a favourite album really, as much as I like most of their songs, there are some songs i just always skip on every album. That being said, I prefer Stadium Arcadium, Californication, By The Way and I'm With You. If their live shows are anything like Slane Castle, then I'll enjoy watching them next year
    Yeah. I'm gonna see them live but I hope they play their older songs, because I'm With You isn't really their best album ever. I also love Stadium Arcadium, but Californication is still my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    I'm With You isn't really their best album ever.
    More like their weakest yet... you can dislike the first funk albums, but they had ideas and energy. This last one is just meh in every way...

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlajaZlo View Post
    More like their weakest yet... you can dislike the first funk albums, but they had ideas and energy. This last one is just meh in every way...
    I actually like everything from Blood Sugar Sex Magik to I'm With You, those funk albums aren't really my style.

I'm With You is kinda meh. Not to say I'm a Frusciante fanboy (One Hot Minute with Navarro was ace), but the band really feels lacking with Josh on lead.

Favorite album is By The Way.

Haven't really liked them much since Californication, but love their old stuff

I saw them live quite some time ago and they were great. Although I think the Foo Fighters who were opening stole the show.

I can see why everyone says the Foo Fighters put on a better show, but that's just because their stuff is more tailored toward the concert setting. Nothing touches the good ol' RHCP jam session though. Never play the same thing the same way twice.

I'm With You had a few highlights for me. But I know what you mean about RHCP live

I just love this performance

And one of the most epic jams of all time.

When Frusciante was in the band I used to say RHCP were Jesus, Wayne Rooney, Will Ferrell and Arj Barker. But now with Klinghoffer, I'm just so lost.. haha

I watched their World Stage performance and a bunch of concerts and I can honestly say I love how they jam between songs, or use them as outros.

Did somebody order some cheese? ChuckCheese's Avatar
    Saw them when they were touring for Stadium Arcadium. Good shit.
    Charlotte, NC 8/08/07
    Charlotte, NC 7/31/08
    New York City, NY 2/04/11
    Bristow, VA 8/10/12
    West Palm Beach, FL 8/08/14
    Tampa, FL 8/09/14
    Charlotte, NC 8/12/14
    Bristow, VA 8/13/14
    Camden, NJ 8/15/14
    Mansfield, MA 8/16/14
    Holmdel, NJ 8/18/14
    Wantagh, NY 8/19/14
    Buffalo, NY 8/21/14

Formerly known as Cookie Monster

Awesome. Some of the best songs ever made.

I still haven't gotten myself to listen to I'm With You yet.

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    I like a few of their songs. They have one of my favorite concert stories. At woodstock 99' (I know, stay with me) they came on and during their set people started lighting Bon fires. So they came off for a bit and when they came back on they played "Fire" by jimi hendrix because his sister asked them to do it before hand. So theres bon fires going on in the crowd and there just fucking rockin the song. Flea's doing naked cartwheels n shit. It's great
    Last edited by Pidgeon; 07-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are the shit!
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik is by far their best album, although, I do love all their albums. There just happens to be no bad songs on BSSM. John Frusciante is a musical genius. Fact. Give Josh time, after all, he is a JF protg.

Anyways, I'm going to see them in August!

bread crumbs & white stones
    I hated the Chili Peppers for a long, long time. A friend of mine played "Readymade" for me, and I decided I was an idiot for ever hating them. I went through his collection (he owns literally everything they've ever released, including singles – it's a ridiculous collection) and listened to them from "start to finish," and they're one of my favorite bands now.
    So... I'll keep searching for a place called home.
    I'll rip my roots from this earth into the unknown.
    Is it for the dreams I chased or the ones I caught?
    This mystery, this misery is killing me.
    So, now, I'll leave behind a murder scene.
    My life isn't real; it's just s silhouette.
    And, when the sun goes down, I won't exist.

I love them on stage! They're like a bunch of psychos playing shirtless... When Kiedis sings Give It Away it's freaking awesome.

No control, no surprise.
    The band was strongest on Californication and By the Way. I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent effort, and Stadium Arcadium​ was decent. I'm not the biggest fan of their older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    The band was strongest on Californication and By the Way. I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent effort, and Stadium Arcadium​ was decent. I'm not the biggest fan of their older stuff.
    Californication is their best album in my opinion. By The Way was great, but I like Stadium Arcadium more. I'm With You isn't such a masterpiece. Brendan's Death Song is awesome, through.

Thread Information