LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2012: "BURN IT DOWN" Free-For-All

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synx

Synx Member

My entry is up again. [video=youtube;DvZtbBpoxgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZtbBpoxgA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot to both of you.

@Decay: I'll take the fact it left you wanting for more as a positive thing too. Imagine the remix was 1:32 long until 2 days ago, and 2:04 yesterday morning.
    I was damn close to post the 1:32 version.
    Then I came up with the intro and finally the very last part. And the intro required to let Monica re-record the high voices with a different phrasing to match Chester's vocalization, so, after all, much tribulation in the last few days :lol:
    I can assure to download it gives you at least 30% more satisfaction: more depth of sound and better basses, since online streaming are always pretty flat.
    Your works are very unconventional too, and it shall always stay that way.

@Yaseen Alam: I'm glad you like that part. Even if short, I believe the remix adapts to a lot of different likes through its progressive evolution.

I'm putting again the link here for everybody's comfort, since my message was right at the end of the last page: http://soundcloud.com/markus-storm/b-r-t-d-wn-m_storm-moniange

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

That's probably my favourite this month. I think I've heard the preview of this remix and I didn't like it at all, but the final version sounds really great! Sounds like a perfect track for a movie score.

Btw, I accidentally uploaded wrong version of my remix without some last minute changes in the bridge. Here's the new link: http://soundcloud.com/zwier-z/this-is-so-not-what-you-think

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Thank you zwieR.Z.
    Yeah... I hoped I removed the preview fast enough for people NOT to listen haha. It was pretty much a totally different song, I erased over 70% of what I did on that "thing" and constructed a whole new remix from the ending of it. What you heared of the preview was a crappy experiment I was doing.
    So happy you ended up liking this one!
    And I'm glad for your partecipation. I heared lots of your stuff in the past on YouTube I think, some of which were originals too if I'm not mistaken. You're talented.

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I know I said this:

But, fuck it. Here's my youtube link of mine and Puresque's entry.

[youtube]P5XZxs3HPAs[/youtube]

This was posted just incase any of the 3 links to our entry doesn't work.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

:lol: I just linked your video on mine.

7. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Yeah, I make some instrumental songs from time to time. Thanks!

8. DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

9. roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

10. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Hope you’re all well. I’ve been on holiday so I’m a bit out of touch with what’s been posted in this competition so far - I need to go through them and listen. Seems like an awesomely busy month.

Had a lot of fun making this rock-tinged remix of ‘Burn It Down’. I watched an episode of Pensado’s Place (weekly production/engineering talkshow) recently which featured Jay Gordon. I asked him a question regarding his remix of ‘Points Of Authority’. That, combined with the fact that this coming August marks 10 years since I got Hybrid Theory (and Reanimation soon after) inspired me to whap out the guitar and lay down some Mesa-ish Linkin Park style powerchords.

Not everyone will enjoy the direction I’ve taken this in (particularly the punk bridge), but had lots of fun doing this! Hope you enjoy. Best of luck to everyone!

http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald/lpassociation-com-monthly-2

11. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Gonna close this thread since it's August. Expect a final decision within the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.