Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2012: "BURN IT DOWN" Free-For-All

After a tiny hiatus, it's time again to show us what you're made of, as we gear up for another edition of...

JULY 2012

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK VOCALS.

To keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (August 1st, 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of JULY 2012 is:

BURN IT DOWN Free For All

(OR IN SIMPLER TERMS: YOU PICK WHICH GENRE TO DO!)

Linkin Park built it up, now it's time for you to break it back down and give us your best entry for this month's LPA Monthly Mix-Up: BURN IT DOWN! Yes that's right folks, you read correctly. Using any genre you like (with the exception of mashups), create your own amazing remix of BURN IT DOWN for entry in this month's competition. Entries must contain all original music, and may not sample or use the background music of any other artist (although you may use instruments from BURN IT DOWN if you wish). The only requirement is that you remix BURN IT DOWN. The genre, BPM, length etc...is all yours to choose! With last month marking the release of LIVING THINGS, and multitracks recently making their way to the internet due to Linkin Park's Formula 1 iPad app, we thought there would be no better way to celebrate LIVING THINGS than making BID the focus of this month's competition. Here is your chance to show off your true talents, by remixing in a genre you feel most comfortable with: your own. May the best remix win!

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

Makin' Money Before I Could Crawl. Money Maker Mike's Avatar
    Sounds very tempting...
    I make money.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eycwtprdUOk/T-yCeb-XwZI/AAAAAAAAKdk/a0bLfecK3Sg/s1600/hqdefault.jpg

I said, "Mike, I'm coming for you, homie"
    Cause Mike's always got my back when I'm lonely
    And I always got his back when we fight
    I'm coming for you, Mike, Imma save your life

Krispy Kreme is my Best Friend.

Formerly known as Rebecca Black

I know they said that it has to be either soundcloud or youtube....but my remix got taken down
    Can I use another source?

I'M IN!!!!!
    Holy Shinado!

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Synx View Post
    I know they said that it has to be either soundcloud or youtube....but my remix got taken down
    Can I use another source?
    We'll make an exception here.

For everyone else, I'd recommend NOT putting the song title in the tags, description or title. If this becomes a frequent thing where every entry gets taken down, we'll just change the song and extend the competition. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

EDIT: Nevermind, Derek just helped me out.
    Last edited by Abel; 07-02-2012 at 03:17 AM.

I'd totally make a remix along the lines of the RAC Mix, but I'm shit is this stuff.
    yawk yawk

http://soundcloud.com/abelasa/13-roa...theme-based-on

It's what I call the "Roadrunner Theme Remix". I gave it more of an epic movie score/superhero theme feeling.

Fight the tyranny of the LPA staff! Pidgeon's Avatar
    I almost forgot about these

http://soundcloud.com/rdodna/burn-it-down-dirty-mix

I threw this in the remix thread not long ago. Let me know what you guys think! (It sounds a little better when you download the mp3 I think, if anyone cares). Thanks.

ASOJDILAHSFL Blargh MEH MEH Cypher's Avatar
    FINALLY! HAHA
    now i can prove that i practice hardcore!
    I'M IN!
    Formerly known as Casper

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah
    I'm in!
    Check out my submission for LPA's Monthly Mix-Up October here.
    Check out my new song Adrenaline here!

Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat... omin0us's Avatar
    Do we have the right to submit more than one remix? Because I have one at 90%, but I have few more ideas for remix...

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous brain View Post
    Do we have the right to submit more than one remix? Because I have one at 90%, but I have few more ideas for remix...
    As far as I am aware, you can only enter once, but you can substitute a remix for a another of your own if you'd like to.

all hail the sassy pug-ape Decay's Avatar
    And so, the awesomeness returns!

Don't know if I'll enter the contest but who knows!
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/D3cay_

Thanks for choosing me as runner up for LPA's MMU (May 2012, June 2013 and November 2013): The Raid Mashup: Lawless (Video)
    Skin To Bone Remix: Rust
    Where'd You Go Remix: Come Back

My Soundcloud profile: http://soundcloud.com/d3cay

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Liz: And stiff dicks

Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat... omin0us's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackman View Post
    As far as I am aware, you can only enter once, but you can substitute a remix for a another of your own if you'd like to.
    I'll upload the one that I already got and if nobody likes it I will try to make another

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z290jI9vd_k&feature=plcp FIRST TRY
    Last edited by omin0us; 07-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Everything.Falls.Apart SKaRR*oKi's Avatar
    where can we find all the previous winners entries??

EDIT: great work from everyone so far, particularly loving the dirty mix
    Last edited by SKaRR*oKi; 07-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    .LiNKiN*PaRK.

Time after time wishing time could erase this
    I've never cared for love i'd rather go alone
    I'm scared of the ghosts that are trying to reach me
    Tired of the kid dying lonely inside of me
    I'm still the same but my mind broke so long ago
    MALLORY KNOX - CREEPER

Come take a trip in my airship Comstock's Avatar
    I'ma do one now

I'm in!

My tracks > Click Here

Thread Information