Any meta or cool discoveries yet?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SuperDude526, Jul 1, 2012.

Geki

Geki >.

YO is one of my favorite LP songs! Never noticed the similarity with YO and TINFOIL until now. Maybe TINFOIL was originally from the MTM sessions too.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

As an intro for Powerless, it could work. They should have put an instrumental track, and then Powerless with the Tinfoil intro, it would make the album longer, and better.
    @Geki: 11 LP shows, 2 DBS shows and 1 FM show?? I haven't been to a single one.. :( I hate where I live... :cry:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The thing is, it was made like that so it could potentially be suited for POWERLESS to be a radio friendly single. Over a minute for an intro on radio doesn't pan out well. That mentality is the same reason why Empty Spaces exists and is it's own seperate entity from When They Come For Me.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yesh the similarties from WFTE rap and Victimized raps are crazy! and both of them are my favorite raps on each record. :awesome:

Brian

Brian Member

I'm sure they could just use a radio edit with the intro chopped off for radio usage. I think tinfoil is amazing, but another instrumental with tinfoil as an intro to powerless would have been even better. :D

Blake

Yeah I agree that they could have just chopped it off. Tinfoil as an instrumental is weak, they can do much better. So I hope on the next album they have a better instrumental.

Hybrid

Look at how many of the LP fanbase bitched about the radio edit of Iridescent. Radio edits generally rape the intended feelings or emotions of the song. Just sayin...

Blake

As long as they didn't change the song. See Iridescent they changed it which I thought was stupid. With Powerless, just chop off tinfoil if it was one song and DON'T change the actual song.

Hybrid

I think it is also nice if you wanted to skip it while flipping through the album. Even though I wouldn't do that.

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

If their next instrumental will be at least half good as Tinfoil is, I'll be happy. ^_^

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Can you really say Tinfoil lives up to Session?

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

In my opinion yes. It also has breakbeats like Session does. In my opinion TINFOIL does work as both. As an standalone instrumental and an intro to the follwing song

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was actually listening to some downmixes of Living Things the other day and was blown away as to how many layers are in the songs. I actually thought Chester's woah-oh's over Mikes rap in LOST IN THE ECHO sounded exactly like the tune of "Like an army falling one by one by one" on IN MY REMAINS :)

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

It's not about Tinfoil being better instrumental than Session. We're talking about an intro to Powerless, and as a Powerless intro it's just perfect. Can you imagine Session being an intro to Powerless? Maybe my response to Dementia's post should have been like "If their next instrumental will be at least half good intro as Tinfoil to Powerless is, I'll be happy."
    I like Session, but i think Tinfoil is just perfect foreword to Powerless, especially with the sounds you can hear since the end of Tinfoil and then through whole Powerless.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

To me, I think tinfoil isn't as great as Session. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LIVING THINGS and Tinfoil but tinfoil to me, isn't as great as session .

Hybrid

I just want to say that I love the atmosphere that TINFOIL has. It's very dreamy.

Geki

Geki >.

I wish Tinfoil sounded more similar to the live version, and I also wish it was a few minutes longer. I really like the way it sounds, it's awesome. It's just too short. Once I start getting into the song, it ends, and replaying the track just ruins it.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah Tinfoil should have been left conected to Powerless. Like Empty Spaces/WTCFM and Forward/Don't Stay, it really didn't need to be split. That said, as piece of music on its own right its still pretty damn good. Very Muse'ish. I love the guitar/piano. But I was disappointed with it as I was expecting it to be more on the lines of Session/C4tI. being the 11th track after all...

TVTV

TVTV Active Member

I don't know how to explain it but somewhere a little later into the instrumental breakdown of "Powerless", someone is singing a faint harmony. I am certain someone is singing the word "powerless" in long, rhythmic notes. It starts at 2:25. Kind of sounds like

Poww errrr leeee eeee eeeee eeessss
    Powww errrr leeeeesssssssss

It continues on until the end of the song. It's very beautiful.

Geki

Geki >.

It's Chester.