Papa Roach.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by wakadoodle, Jul 1, 2012.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

I'm surprised nobody made a topic about them.
    Papa Roach is an American rock band, been formed in 1993 by Jacoby Shaddix and Jerry Horton (the only founding members left).
    The band's musicial style is nu metal, rap metal, hard rock, post-grunge, and as well alternative metal.
    The band has released six studio albums and currently working on their seventh album.
    The band's most known songs are:
    Last Resort - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ6bE4z5vs
    ... To Be Loved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REuLlW2ktMg
    Scars - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHbNU9WuVgw
    Hollywood Whore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjQvk_R20r4&feature=relmfu

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

They were pretty bad as a rap rock group, really good as that post-grunge version they were doing with lovehatetragedy, but since Getting Away With Murder and the whole not-quite-Motley Crue shit they've been doing, I can't stand em.

Still, lovehatetragedy is great and holds up even today.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

back in 2002 when lovehatetragedy came out, they used to be one of my favorites bands... now I don't care about them at all.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I fucking love this band haha. I was sold once I saw them live, they fucking bring it.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think lovehatetragedy is their best album and that's the direction they should've gone in.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

They've always been a "meh" band for me, nothing extraordinary, but I do enjoy them.

I actually met Jacoby once. I used to work at a Petsmart in Folsom, CA near where he and his family lives, and he'd occasionally come in to buy dog food. One time I went up and talked to him about the band for a little bit, super energetic (yet friendly) guy. That was right before their last album (Time For Annihilation) came out.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Wow, that's pretty cool.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Well Jacoby is friendly, I've been at a Papa Roach concert, and I went backstage..
    He's a cool guy.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Well I'm one of those rare fans of Papa Roach who likes their newer albums better than their older ones. I don't like Infest too much and I'm only like some songs from lovehatetragedy, but I love Getting Away With Murder and Metamorphosis. PR is one of my favourite band behind LP and Green Day.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Papa Roach are decent. They used to be one of my favourite bands around the time they released lovehatetragedy and Getting Away With Murder but everything since then has been a little mediocre.

Still, they're an awesome live band. Myself and Joe happened to be at the same gig back in 2005 and I think he'd agree they were amazing. Jacoby is a cool guy as well, at that gig he put a bin over his head as he was performing. :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well put, I agree with this entire post pretty much. And yeah, there's no doubting their live show. That gig was crazy and hot as fuck. I had to walk through London topless afterwards because my clothes were just covered in sweat. :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well I sustained a concussion at that gig so that pretty much confirms how intense it was. :lol:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I love Papa Roach. One of my favorite bands ever. Contrary to opinion I think Lovehatetragedy is one of their worst albums.

They are a really great band. Infest is one of the best rock albums ever.

My ranking of albums: Infest (first 6 songs are perfection to me)> Getting Away With Murder> The Paramour Sessions> the new songs on Time For Annihilation> Lovehatetragedy= Metamorphasis (can't decide which one is better right now, may edit later. I rarely listen to these two.)

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I saw them recently at my school. They were fun performers. I am not very familiar with them. The extent i know about them was that story where they were one of the bands that took LP on tour and treated them really well. Judging from what i saw on stage, they did come off as genuine. I only have two albums by them and they're the really old ones. The singer though is a little foul mouthed. It was a shock to my brain listening to all the raunchy things he was saying on stage and with his really young son right there. I ended up just laughing through it. :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

They do a badass faith no more cover

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Decent band with some pretty good songs.

But live, they're awesome. I saw them live 1 year ago, it was a pretty intense rocking show.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I like these guys.

She Loves Me Not, Last Resort, Done With You, Scars, Getting Away With Murder and Blood Brothers are the songs I know... I may try to hear some of their other stuff.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I haven't heard much from them but from what I have heard they sound like a generic and bland nu-metal band.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Check out "Hollywood Whore", "Just Go", "Between Angels And Insects", "Time And Time Again" or "Burn" if you like their older stuff, but their new stuff isn't bad too. They're on the same road as LP.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Good for them! :awesome: thanks for the recommendations.