Which is Better, BOSE or Altec Lansing??

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Knt.Slbs, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm planning to buy new sets of speakers for my PC.. i would like to ask any better suggestions which is Better, Bose or Altec Lansing? Which has good output, 2.1 or 5.1? Thanks

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm going to go with Bose, although I've never even heard of the other brand, and probably with good reason. They're probably cheaper, but Bose has the best sound quality ever.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

2.1 is 2 speakers and a subwoofer. 5.1 is 5 speakers and a subwoofer - a surround sound setup. Naturally, 5.1 is better than 2.1, but you have to see if you have room to set up all 5 speakers in their proper places for surround sound. I have a 2.1 setup for my PC and it's just fine.

Altec Lansing has been around forever and are a well respected brand. I've had their speakers before, good stuff.

Everything I've heard says Bose is overrated and overpriced. Never had them so I can't say for sure. I have JBL Creatures and they sound great.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

How about you don't get bose and you can thank me later?

Creative speakers are pretty nice little monsters.

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Inspire-T10-Speakers-Black/M/B00113PUJQ.htm is worth your money.
    http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-GigaWorks-T20-Series-II-Speakers/M/B001RNOHDU.htm and these are okay if you're looking for upper end items.

Are you looking for professional quality sounding speakers? I use KRK rokit5.

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powered-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B001A6G6CY

Imo, if you're a muscisian and you're looking into some quality audio speakers, but don't have super golden pennies to spend, this is it. BE AWARE that this is per speaker (meaning you have to buy 2x to get a set.)

and this is the "lower-end" of professional audio speakers :)

Polk audio makes good stuff, but not too sure of their products. I hear many great things from them, though.

So, yeah. It depends on what range of things you're going to be using your speakers for. And, well, what you're looking to get. (2.0? 2.1? 5.1?)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Your better off getting a stand alone receiver and some good speakers if possible.

However if your on a budget get Altec Lansing.

Lansing is part of JBL which is also part of Harman/Kardon.

Great company to be in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.