Next Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Top2Bottom, Jun 30, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Even if LT is the last record WB contracted them for, that doesn't mean it would be the last record LP could make. If they wanted to continue independently nothing could stop them.

Isn't MS under WB?

Reguardless, if they went independant they could sign one off distribution deals, whenever they had something they wanted to release, with pretty much any company.

I really don't think that's the case. LP seem to be making the effort themselves to put out records faster with all of Mikes talk before ATS came out about how prolific The Beatles were+. I think the only real (or at least main) agenda WB pushes is to be as accessible/radio friendly as possible, which LP can ignore if they have the balls to.

Filip

I forgot that MS is under WB, and is also on hiatus.

But, is it possible for them to sign a contract with another label? Also, I just read they have 2 more albums under WB. I don't mind WB at all.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

With the incredibly huge amount of partnerships that have sprung up as of lately, I think Warner is actually giving them more liberty. I mean, LT wasn't rushed because of Warner, it was a conscious decision to put out albums faster, and this time they narrowed down the best demos and just worked on only those. ATS, on the other hand, had been in writing since late '08, but then in January, February they shifted they approach to the "let's go batshit insane" thing. They spent the longest time in the making of ATS. If I were a label, I'd be setting deadlines too.

Filip

If there weren't deadlines, LP would take years to make the album perfect, like Dr.Dre is doing with Detox. Didn't they spend more time making M2M?

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Their contract expiring wouldn't mean the end of their careers.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yeah, they can't just release an album under Machine Shop or any of the other band member's "labels." All of those are under Warner, it wouldn't make any difference. Also Machine Shop is pretty much dead.

Wow! That's actually great news. LP is also apparently scoring Joe's film The Mall ("providing the music for"), which will probably count as release #6. It seems the end is coming up sooner than later, hopefully they opt for a different deal next time around (or none at all).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Actual production in MTM lasted for around 10 months. LP was basically in the studio since October '08 and finished June '10.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

If Linkin Park can ignore it, then Warner isn't technically putting any pressure on them. If you really think about it, in every video we've seen regarding the making of their albums, the pressure they've faced has had to do with deadlines. Even with this most recent album, they had to make some quick decisions even though they knew they'd be putting out another album pretty quickly and felt a little bit more comfortable doing so. For them to put out A Thousand Suns, however, clearly Warner isn't putting that radio-friendly pressure on them. The issue Linkin Park had coming out of that album was that, "Man, we could have had more time to do this but we have to meet these deadlines." You also have to understand that the time pressure comes from the moment the band returns to the studio. The band can return to the studio whenever it wants, but whenever the band says, "We're going to make another album," Warner will start placing some deadlines on them.

Filip

Can they release an independent album? That would be awesome, just LP, no one pointing them in one direction...

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Since this thread is about their next album, would it be appropriate to discuss what kind of album we would wish for it to be?

I want some guitar driven heavy electro shit for the next album.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's about time guitars really made themselves home again in an LP album. I mean, they're there, but they need to be (I'd like them to be) a little more prominent IMO.

Where do they go from here? Really, the sky is their limit, so I expect something highly experimental again.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I want Linkin Park to have the same mentality they had for ATS on the next one - everything we've done before is off the table. I want to see where they'd go next.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I told Jen this earlier:

I'd like to see LP take their 80s influences and push them full throttle. Analog synthesizers, big drums, synthesized bass, vocal overdubs etc. But! I want them to take that sound, and modernize it. Twist it about in a way only Linkin Park can. Create something completely unlike anything else out there right now.

I think they'd sound really good with a Depeche Mode style sound.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I've gotten so accustomed to the changing sounds that nothing would really be too far-out there anymore. For that reason, I don't feel like anything would take a period of time to really digest. And, for THAT reason, I feel like I'm going to enjoy whatever they put out, no matter what style it ends up being. For a band to go from songs like One Step Closer to Until It Breaks takes an enormous amount of creativity, and open-mindedness on the fans' part.

takai

takai Blues Drive Monster

The revenue Linkin Park has made for WB is irreplaceable. They won't ever give them up. I would expect an extension or something sooner or later.

As for thier next album, I'd really like to see Chester go all out with screaming on almost every track. I'm not looking for a re-vamping of Hybrid Theory, just something harder then what they've been releasing lately.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

I'd like that too.

Geki

Geki >.

This is half the reason I did not like ATS as much as other releases. I felt it was rushed, and the band was not happy with the final product. Even if the band says they were, I'm not so sure... The documentary revealed a lot about Warner and the deadlines, that was the worst I have ever seen the band, they were practically at each other's throats at times. A lot of the record feels unfinished and demoed, as well.

MTM is my favorite LP album because I think the songs were really organic and complete. I don't mind waiting 4 years for an album if the songs are excellent. I want LP to go independent, it's time. Release some bullshit albums and call it done.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This is actually a point I've wanted to bring up for a while now.

Mike said that Meeting of A Thousand Suns was the most realistic look at the making of process at the time. Do you think that the other albums weren't full of stressful moments too? A Thousand Suns was not special in that regard.

In fact, I specifically remember Mike called the ATS process one of the funnest ones they'd done. Meeting of ATS was just specifically edited to highlight the frustrating moments to create a mood similar to the mood on the album. It's all clever editing.