Slipknot

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ChuckCheese, Jun 30, 2012.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

So it's shaping up to a big year for this band.

They just released their greatest hits album, Antennas to Hell, they're headlining this year's Rockstar Mayhem Festival, and in August they're putting together the first annual Knotfest,(hopefully means they plan on doing more) which is their own two day music festival, with bands like Deftones and Lamb of God playing. It looks like Slipknot is planning on coming back in a big way.

Anybody else here a fan?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm a selective fan. I like their tracks where Corey doesn't scream the entire song. So there's quite a bit of their stuff I like.

Vermilion is one of my favorite songs. Gehenna, too. Danger – Keep Away is my all time favorite from them. I'm always curious about new music from them.

ChuckCheese

Vermillion is my favorite. They have a few demos for a new album, but nothing definite yet.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

For a long time I hated them without even listening but then I listened and they turned into one of my favorites. Iowa is my favorite album. It's just so fucking brutal.

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I read where in the beginning of 2013, they are going to start working on a new record. In another interview months ago Clown stated they believe that if they decided to make a new album, it would be similar to Iowa. Should be interesting.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Slipknot. Where to begin?

Individually, they're extremely talented musicians. Their guitarists are awesome, and although I don't think he's as great as everyone says he is (I wouldn't put him in the top 25), Joey Jordison is a great drummer.

But as a band, they're awful. Absolutely awful.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Slipknot are probably one of my favourite bands ever. I went to see them at Download 2009. Their first album would have to be their best IMO, listen to No Life. Brilliant song.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Slipknot is a horrible band.
    Every song by them is like this: Guitar intro -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Singing -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> End of song.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    PandasFTW

PandasFTW Well-Known Member

Only album i like is All Hope Is Gone, the others are boring. Best song is Gematria.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

When Corey is screaming, theres no such thing as a usless scream.

Every guy in the band is super smart and super talented. You can see it in the lyrics. Their stuffing is amazing. Their evolution as a band wad genious. Every album is different. Every song is different. And their just badasses

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Corey Taylor can't scream nor singing.
    Slipknot is awful.
    End of story.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'll ignore the shitty grammar and just give you proof the dude can fucking wail.

[video=youtube;-q4LjWvGft8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q4LjWvGft8[/video]

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Still can proof that Corey Taylor can't sing.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol whatever you say dude

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Don't get me wrong dude, I respect Slipknot for what they do, but I don't like their music.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I started to like them when they added a bit more melody to their songs. They kinda overdid it in All Hope Is Gone though.

The Subliminal Verses it's their best album imo.

Will

Super smart? Super talented? You sound like a 10th grader who hates his parents and just heard Iowa for the first time.

Their guitarists are good and Joey's a decent drummer, but together they're not very good at all. Corey's NOT a good vocalist; his screams are absolutely awful anymore, and they weren't that good to begin with. And good lyrics? Are you serious? I wrote better lyrics when I was 14. Corey writes lyrics like he's a 13-year-old girl using LiveJournal for the first time.

I fail to understand how you can think more talented bands than Slipknot are worse than they are and how you can consider Slipknot to be "real" metal. Makes no sense.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Saying Corey isn't a good vocalist is pretty amusing. He's very clearly shown that he's a good vocalist. One could argue he's one of the best doing it today.

ChuckCheese

There's no point in debating whether or not Corey is good at screaming, everybody has their type of screaming that they like. One could argue that Chester can't scream.

That said, I don't think there's any argument in saying that Corey can't sing. He very clearly can. Either listen to his melodic Slipknot vocals, Stone Sour, or his acoustic stuff. He can sing, I don't see how you can argue that he can't, lol.

How is that any different than any metal / nu-metal / hardcore band ever?

Will

I'm going to clear up what I meant when I said he's not a good vocalist. If you're in this particular genre (metalcore, alternative metal, whatever) and you're taking it upon yourself to scream and sing, then you need to do both equally well. Corey's a great singer, but he can't scream. He hasn't been able to scream properly in 15 years, and even then, his screams weren't that great. And for what it's worth, I don't even really consider it "screaming" so much as "bellowing."